• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortress

Smash Master
The Fusion Suit looks fine in Fusion, where it looks slim, fit-to-form, and colorful enough to be interesting. When you stick that on Prime Samus, with the kind of detail you get from the Gamecube/Wii over the Gameboy, you really start to see how bulky the thing really is, and I think that's what bothers most people. I think it's the shoulders and torso that throw me off.

Personally though, I loved Fusion and the titular Fusion Suit. I'd love to see it in.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The Fusion Suit looks fine in Fusion, where it looks slim, fit-to-form, and colorful enough to be interesting. When you stick that on Prime Samus, with the kind of detail you get from the Gamecube/Wii over the Gameboy, you really start to see how bulky the thing really is, and I think that's what bothers most people. I think it's the shoulders and torso that throw me off.

Personally though, I loved Fusion and the titular Fusion Suit. I'd love to see it in.
I like the color palette, but I the way the suit is super splotchy both in the art and in Prime looks pretty bad to me. Or maybe it's the fact that the blue is like a sheet of plastic covering the suit instead of looking like it's actually grafted on. I dunno, but something about it is ugly to me.

I really like Fusion's Gravity Suit though.

Fortress

Smash Master
Fusion's Grav. Suit is nice. I love the coloring, as purple is my favorite color. I know how you feel about the suit looking 'fake' or just a hulk of, well, suit. Again, I really think it's the shoulders that bother me above all else; that and the point connecting the helmet to the torso.

red9rd

Smash Ace

It's probable nostalgia that makes us love Fusion suit and wish that it's chosen.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It's probable nostalgia that makes us love Fusion suit and wish that it's chosen.
While Fusion was the first Metroid game I played, I only played it back in April, so that's not really enough time to develop nostalgia. =P I just think the coloring is nice. Plus what happens to Samus in that game's intro is very interesting, so I hope they revisit it at some point.

Fortress

Smash Master
Well, that, and it'd be much easier to implement one suit and recolors for it than to find a nice Light, Dark, PED, and Power Suit. As cool as that would be, I also don't see it as being very 'consistent'; with Samus ending up having four-plus models for her alts, it'd just seem a bit 'messy'.

Don't get me wrong, I love those suits, I just love what PMBR did with Doc Mario, in having one, simple, working model with some spiffy recolors. Clean and simple.

Fortress

Smash Master
While Fusion was the first Metroid game I played, I only played it back in April, so that's not really enough time to develop nostalgia. =P I just think the coloring is nice. Plus what happens to Samus in that game's intro is very interesting, so I hope they revisit it at some point.
It being the most recent game in Samus's chronology and timeline, it'd be interesting to see what develops for her as a result of her being part Metroid. Do the Space Pirates want in on that? Does the X Parasite hold some value to them in regards to phazon experimentation (because, you know, they're always trying to screw around with that)? I mean, just imagine a reborn/recreated Dark Samus/Metroid Prime, infected with the X. Sorry, game over, can't do it. SA-X freaked me the Hell out enough.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Well, that, and it'd be much easier to implement one suit and recolors for it than to find a nice Light, Dark, PED, and Power Suit. As cool as that would be, I also don't see it as being very 'consistent'; with Samus ending up having four-plus models for her alts, it'd just seem a bit 'messy'.

Don't get me wrong, I love those suits, I just love what PMBR did with Doc Mario, in having one, simple, working model with some spiffy recolors. Clean and simple.
I'd agree in most cases, but since so many of Samus's suits look different from each other in terms of model as well as texture, I'd be all right with having separate models for different colors. Not every character necessarily has a single alt that'd be best; some (like Yoshi or Kirby) would benefit from simply adding more colors, while some could have various different models, like Samus.

It being the most recent game in Samus's chronology and timeline, it'd be interesting to see what develops for her as a result of her being part Metroid. Do the Space Pirates want in on that? Does the X Parasite hold some value to them in regards to phazon experimentation (because, you know, they're always trying to screw around with that)? I mean, just imagine a reborn/recreated Dark Samus/Metroid Prime, infected with the X. Sorry, game over, can't do it. SA-X freaked me the Hell out enough.
Yeah, the SA-X was pretty terrifying. And the fact that there were ten of them wandering around at the end of the game...imagine if even one of them escaped into the galaxy.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I hate when people say "PMBR will do/should do this because it's easier"

PMBR probably doesn't give a damn about how easy something is. They've shown that they're always willing to take the difficult path for good quality.

Fortress

Smash Master
I hate when people say "PMBR will do/should do this because it's easier"

PMBR probably doesn't give a damn about how easy something is. They've shown that they're always willing to take the difficult path for good quality.
I can only assume that that statement was in regards to:

To which I have to say that I could only assume that, judging by the neat und tidy approach taken with the good Doctor, that Samus and other characters would follow the 'one-model-several-recolors' approach. Not just because it would be easier ('easy' shouldn't carry this negative stigma with it, really, easy's not 'bad'), but because it would look 'cleaner', and more professional.

Read as: it would just look more consistent.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Not to that post in general, and not even just in this thread in general.

The Character Ideas thread, the "clone engine is real" thread where people talk about possible clones, and this thread.

People constantly keep bringing up "but that would be hard so PMBR wouldn't do it" in various places. That mindset bothers me because what the PMBR has done so far certainly wasn't easy.

I'm not arguing with your idea, but difficulty shouldn't be a factor in the ideas people come up with. And all of this is just discussion. PMBR is gonna do what PMBR is gonna do, and if they like an idea in these threads and use them, I guarantee they're not going to factor in difficulty unless the task is literally impossible due to the limits of what they can code.

Rookie_One

Smash Rookie
found better pics of the fusion suits (artwork style, so it does look better)

Power

Varia

Gravity

UAM1

Fortress

Smash Master
See, it looks fine when it fits right to her form. The Prime take of it looks so bulky and opposite of the Fusion Suit from Fusion.

Fortress

Smash Master
If the Fusion Suit looks better when it fits to Samus' form, why not make it a ZSS alt?
Because it would just seem sort of silly. It's still her Power Suit, just the innermost layers of it; so it's still kind of heavy. Plus, she's got that Arm Cannon still. Why wouldn't she use the full potential of it (beyond having daddy issues with Adam)?

It'd be kind of cool, though. I always thought that if an alt ZSS was made, that it'd be a Dark ZSS.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
It'd be cool if Rob64 were an alternate costume for Rob but with legs and all. Honestly i'd probably be more appealed to playing as rob if he had legs as weird as that is.

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
I just remembered! Give Fox James Mccloud's glasses if you don't want a different outfit for him.

MVP

Smash Ace
I personally like the Prime looks over the fusion.... fusion looks weird having an armoured helmet then a jelly suit. Prime suits look bada$$

EDIT: but then again if people don't like the quote "bulky" look then why not other m? she's slimmed down to look more agile while still maintaining her armoured look

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
She looks too slimmed down and the suit looks like it went through a car wash and had several gallons of wax poured over it. The piss yellow is really gross too. It just doesn't carry any of the weight that the other depictions of the Varia Suit do.

I will say that Smash4's modifications to the look make it look a hell of a lot better.

MVP

Smash Ace
She looks too slimmed down and the suit looks like it went through a car wash and had several gallons of wax poured over it. The piss yellow is really gross too. It just doesn't carry any of the weight that the other depictions of the Varia Suit do.

I will say that Smash4's modifications to the look make it look a hell of a lot better.

thats what i meant lol agreed

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703

I totally agree - if you start getting into multiple model swaps for costumes, it starts to feel real "fan-mod"ish.

Personally, I do a lot of that stuff. My Marth, for example, has about 4 other characters on him.

But I feel like since the PMBR is so legit and wants to maintain that level of professionalism, it makes more sense for them to pick one Samus suit and give that a bunch of recolors.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I totally agree - if you start getting into multiple model swaps for costumes, it starts to feel real "fan-mod"ish.
I disagree. It seems far more fanmodish to me for costumes as minor as Hero's New Clothes and Shadow Queen to be given the same six whole slots of presence as a character's normal appearance, and to get in over equally recognizable costumes (like that one guy), not to mention a waste of the versatility ACE provides. The appeal to consistency doesn't hold water when yoshi will be likely getting no costumes, which is just as much unequal to one as two, three, and six are. Sakurai himself even set a precedent by making Wario alone special, and to a lesser extent the pokémans' hats, and to a lessest extent Ness's shirts and Dedede's belt, and to a greater extend extent Sonic's wristbands. It seems more professional to me to decide each character individually, to further express each character's individuality, fully represent what they have to offer. The Smash games have provided a continually increasing variety of alts, why fight it?
Assuming, of course, ACE provides such versatility.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Whatever they do, I just hope they make blue Jigglypuff's eyes blue instead of green.

TheDevicer

Smash Cadet
I just went on to KCMM to see is my old Maritime Puff had blue eyes. To my horror, I see all of my uploads with broken previews. This makes me sad. Someone hug me!

Piks

Smash Journeyman
@Cubelarooso

Well, if it makes you feel any better, Toon Link already has an NES color. I know a whole model would be cool, but yeah...

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
One of Mario's alt costumes needs to be Morris Day's pink suit...
Hit 'em with the wheel of fortune Uair chain and end it with a F-smash.

And while they're respawning, you can give 'em the

I'm just joking, of course. *fully aware that it's not going to happen*
I'm willing to settle for a pink Doc though. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom