• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orpheus2

Smash Cadet
Good points on the first part, but I do think more colors would be the best bet for Yoshi.

Edited list:

Olympics outfit for Peach
Outset Clothes Toon Link
Dry Bowser/Dark Bowser from M+L
Pajamas for Ness

Fortress

Smash Master
Bowser Jr., Young Link, Daisy/rosalina, Ninten, and Phantom Ganon would go against the rule that all alts. have to be the same character and Mewtwo already has a confirmed alt. Also, don`t say "more colors for *insert character here*". I am sure that if the PMBR can`t find a good alt. for a character, they will give them more colors.
Your first point is fine, but, more colors isn't really a bad thing. I mean, have you seen Project Mars Sonic? I ask since he's your main, and he looks spiffy.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Sitting on a chair, letting my eyes burn.
I think Mega Charizard X would make a fantastic Alt. Costume for Charizard, however, there are also those unfortunate little tidbits involving the mentioning of Pokemon X and Y in Brawl. But I dunno, considering the fact that Charizard X pretty much IS Charizard, then I suppose it would be just as harmful is the already announced armored Mewtwo? (Which shouldn't be harmful at all, correct?)

Reason why I choose X over Y is simply because well, it looks better, (opinionated), plus, it would probably be less straining on the modelers, considering that Charizard Y actually has a much larger wingspan (hitboxes, keep those in mind.), plus the fact that Charizard Y may look a bit dirty, (tiny hands and those weird little arm wing things).

I mean, the only main issue I see with Charizard X in terms of modeling is the shoulders and the flames coming from both sides of his maw, I'm fairly certain the wings wouldn't be TOO hard.

TL;DR Charizard X would be better than Y because of looks and better hitbox respect. (Looks completely opinionated.)

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Your first point is fine, but, more colors isn't really a bad thing. I mean, have you seen Project Mars Sonic? I ask since he's your main, and he looks spiffy.
I wasn`t saying it was a bad thing, I was just saying that the PMBR should at least try to think of a alt before giving a character more colors

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I think Mega Charizard X would make a fantastic Alt. Costume for Charizard, however, there are also those unfortunate little tidbits involving the mentioning of Pokemon X and Y in Brawl. But I dunno, considering the fact that Charizard X pretty much IS Charizard, then I suppose it would be just as harmful is the already announced armored Mewtwo? (Which shouldn't be harmful at all, correct?)

Reason why I choose X over Y is simply because well, it looks better, (opinionated), plus, it would probably be less straining on the modelers, considering that Charizard Y actually has a much larger wingspan (hitboxes, keep those in mind.), plus the fact that Charizard Y may look a bit dirty, (tiny hands and those weird little arm wing things).

I mean, the only main issue I see with Charizard X in terms of modeling is the shoulders and the flames coming from both sides of his maw, I'm fairly certain the wings wouldn't be TOO hard.

TL;DR Charizard X would be better than Y because of looks and better hitbox respect. (Looks completely opinionated.)
that goes against there rule saying that all alts. and clone engine characters have to be in smash in one way or another (trophy, sticker, boss, character intended to be in brawl, melee character left out of brawl)

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone! This is my first post here on these forums.

From Pokemon :

Pikachu - Melee's Accessories | Picture: 1.http://i.imgur.com/nOdh9mi.jpg

Jigglypuff - Melee's Accessories | Picture: 1.http://i.imgur.com/kHZDkBn.jpg

Lucario - None. Or extra colors. Because Mega Lucario is actually an EVOLUTION, it's not Lucario anymore.

Charizard - None. Or extra colors. Because Mega Charizard is actually an EVOLUTION, it's not Charizard anymore. It's like putting Charmeleon over Charizard which just doesn't seem right.

Ivysaur - None. Or extra colors.

Squirtle - None. Or extra colors.

My own comments: I know there are a lot of people who want Mega Evolutions as Alt. Costumes, but its just that the Pokemon is not anymore itself after that evolution.

Thank you for reading!

Only one thing I see wrong with this, Mega Evolution isn't a completely new evolution, it was stated in the games that Mega Evolution is accessing their hidden potential, or accessing a power they could not access in their previous forms, it's barely any different than say, Sonic becoming Super Sonic, or even Link as Fierce Deity Link. Those two examples, accessing powers that are unavailable to them normally without special items, Seven Chaos Emeralds for Sonic and the Fierce Deity Mask for Link. It's hardly any different considering you need a Mega Stone for the Pokemon.

So to say, your own comment was a little off, the Pokemon IS still itself, it's just accessing its hidden potential with the help of a special item. So I believe that Mega Forms are completely logical as Alternate Costumes.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
that goes against there rule saying that all alts. and clone engine characters have to be in smash in one way or another (trophy, sticker, boss, character intended to be in brawl, melee character left out of brawl)
But if what you're saying is true, then what about Mr. L, Shadow Queen Peach, and Armored Mewtwo? They don't have any representation in Smash Brothers at all, yet as we assume, they are being put in.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
But if what you're saying is true, then what about Mr. L, Shadow Queen Peach, and Armored Mewtwo? They don't have any representation in Smash Brothers at all, yet as we assume, they are being put in.
Mr. L and Shadow Peach are in the games as either a trophy or sticker (or both), I don`t know about armored mewtwo, I am currently searching for images.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I don't recall there being a rule that alt costumes had to appear in the game. Just as long as they were actual "costumes" worn by said character.
But I may be wrong in saying that they probably wont add content related to characters that were created after the release of brawl.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I don't recall there being a rule that alt costumes had to appear in the game. Just as long as they were actual "costumes" worn by said character.
But I may be wrong in saying that they probably wont add content related to characters that were created after the release of brawl.
this is correct. I was wrong. they stated that they will not add content from anything created after brawl`s release.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Mr. L and Shadow Peach are in the games as either a trophy or sticker (or both), I don`t know about armored mewtwo, I am currently searching for images.

When it comes to Mister L. I only see his name MENTIONED in a trophy, at the end of the description for Paper Luigi, and as for Shadow Peach, she is neither a sticker or a trophy, nothing, same as Armored Mewtwo, and I looked over the lists a few times over after reading your comment.

Fortress

Smash Master
Armored Mewtwo appears in the movies, which I'm sure has a difference in regards to using material from another game.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
"First and foremost as a game mod, we are still under certain legal obligations and restrictions. To stay in Nintendo's good graces and to avoid attracting Cease & Desist letters from 3rd party companies, we are limiting our choice of new characters to those that Nintendo has already licensed for inclusion in Brawl. In other words, that restricts us to characters that already appear in the game in some way, such as trophies, assists, or stickers. Additionally, to avoid appearing as competition to Smash U/3DS sales in Nintendo's eyes, we do not have any plans to try to "back port" any new Smash 4 characters to Project M."

EDIT: Ok, I think I get it now. The above quote is a requirement for the clone engine, a believe that this is different then the requirements for a alt.. I believe at one point they said that a alt. must be from a time before brawl`s release.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Only one thing I see wrong with this, Mega Evolution isn't a completely new evolution, it was stated in the games that Mega Evolution is accessing their hidden potential, or accessing a power they could not access in their previous forms, it's barely any different than say, Sonic becoming Super Sonic, or even Link as Fierce Deity Link. Those two examples, accessing powers that are unavailable to them normally without special items, Seven Chaos Emeralds for Sonic and the Fierce Deity Mask for Link. It's hardly any different considering you need a Mega Stone for the Pokemon.

So to say, your own comment was a little off, the Pokemon IS still itself, it's just accessing its hidden potential with the help of a special item. So I believe that Mega Forms are completely logical as Alternate Costumes.

They might also work well as Final Smashes, if the PMBR ever feels like they want to do that. Although squirtle turning into mega-blastoise would be bizarre... XD so maybe just Chari's final Smash can be his mega form?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
They might also work well as Final Smashes, if the PMBR ever feels like they want to do that. Although squirtle turning into mega-blastoise would be bizarre... XD so maybe just Chari's final Smash can be his mega form?
I believe the rule for alts. and/or clone engine characters would apply here too.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
"First and foremost as a game mod, we are still under certain legal obligations and restrictions. To stay in Nintendo's good graces and to avoid attracting Cease & Desist letters from 3rd party companies, we are limiting our choice of new characters to those that Nintendo has already licensed for inclusion in Brawl. In other words, that restricts us to characters that already appear in the game in some way, such as trophies, assists, or stickers. Additionally, to avoid appearing as competition to Smash U/3DS sales in Nintendo's eyes, we do not have any plans to try to "back port" any new Smash 4 characters to Project M."

EDIT: Ok, I think I get it now. The above quote is a requirement for the clone engine, a believe that this is different then the requirements for a alt.. I believe at one point they said that a alt. must be from a time before brawl`s release.
But that's for the Clone Engine, I've looked around and haven't found anything in regards to the Alternate Costume Engine, I guess Megas may hold a special spot or something, considering they aren't exactly a new character, just new forms of currently existing characters.

Think of Metroid: Other M. I see no one having major issues with costumes for Samus going towards her from that game, and it came out after Brawl did, isn't that the same situation in the Mega Evolutions' case? They are basically just different 'suits' for currently existing characters.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
But that's for the Clone Engine, I've looked around and haven't found anything in regards to the Alternate Costume Engine, I guess Megas may hold a special spot or something, considering they aren't exactly a new character, just new forms of currently existing characters.

Think of Metroid: Other M. I see no one having major issues with costumes for Samus going towards her from that game, and it came out after Brawl did, isn't that the same situation in the Mega Evolutions' case? They are basically just different 'suits' for currently existing characters.
could you please quote a few people who have requested a other m alt.? I`m not saying there arn`t people requesting it, I just want some quotes.

Until the blogpost for the alt engine is posted, I can only go off what a PMBR member posted once.

Fortress

Smash Master
could you please quote a few people who have requested a other m alt.? I`m not saying there arn`t people requesting it, I just want some quotes.

Until the blogpost for the alt engine is posted, I can only go off what a PMBR member posted once.
I squealed at the thought of an Anthony Higgs clone engine character, but that's as close as you can get.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Samus <-> Other M Samus
ZSS <-> Young Other M Samus
Oh yeah, Other M Samus design is really cool and sleek.

Even if the game was not, lol.
Here are a couple of them, a tad annoying to find among the jumbles of colored text.

But also, this still leaves the problem of Armored Mewtwo, why isn't anyone blowing up about him? It is Mewtwo, however, Armored Mewtwo is not mentioned in Brawl at all, or any Smash Brothers game for that matter. Same goes for Mega Evolutions, they ARE Lucario and Charizard, yet people are saying that it would break the rules, why do they say these characters break these particular rules when Armored Mewtwo does as well, yet is already 'confirmed' to appear in the game?

EDIT: I guess we just need to wait until we see the official rules they set for themselves for the ACE, but seeing as Armored Mewtwo is in, I can only assume that the boundaries are a little more flexible in contrast to the Clone Engine. So, we can only ASSUME that these boundaries state that the character is permitted to a costume or form that is specifically assigned to them along with their series.

If this is true, then Armored Mewtwo = Yes, and Mega Lucario/Charizard = Yes. Same goes for Samus with Other M costumes, Roy / Marth with Awakening costumes, etc.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Here are a couple of them, a tad annoying to find among the jumbles of colored text.

But also, this still leaves the problem of Armored Mewtwo, why isn't anyone blowing up about him? It is Mewtwo, however, Armored Mewtwo is not mentioned in Brawl at all, or any Smash Brothers game for that matter. Same goes for Mega Evolutions, they ARE Lucario and Charizard, yet people are saying that it would break the rules, why do they say these characters break these particular rules when Armored Mewtwo does as well, yet is already 'confirmed' to appear in the game?

EDIT: I guess we just need to wait until we see the official rules they set for themselves for the ACE, but seeing as Armored Mewtwo is in, I can only assume that the boundaries are a little more flexible in contrast to the Clone Engine. So, we can only ASSUME that these boundaries state that the character is permitted to a costume or form that is specifically assigned to them along with their series.

If this is true, then Armored Mewtwo = Yes, and Mega Lucario/Charizard = Yes. Same goes for Samus with Other M costumes, Roy / Marth with Awakening costumes, etc.
I heard in a live stream that they are working on it, so it hopefully will be up in a few days. I personally do hope that we get a Other M samus costume and while I do want a Charazard X alt., think of the arguments between Charazard X and Charazard Y.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
I heard in a live stream that they are working on it, so it hopefully will be up in a few days. I personally do hope that we get a Other M samus costume and while I do want a Charazard X alt., think of the arguments between Charazard X and Charazard Y.

Well, there are more issues with Charizard Y than X, remember that these characters have hitboxes, and Charizard Y is effectively larger than both X and Normal forms.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I really hope you aren't serious when you say you want Samus to have her Other M design as an alt.

Samus would be better off with recolors based on other unrepresented suits than a new model or five.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I'm hoping for Fusion suit personally for Samus, as that's kind of her most recognizable suit other then the power suit.
Hell the recolors are already there thanks to Fusion and Metroid Prime. Seems like the most logical choice to me.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Nah man, this is how I feel it's gonna go.

From what's already in Brawl:

Normal = Varia Suit
Blue = Fusion Suit
Green = Based off the Mobile Suit Gundam Zaku
Red = Zero Mission & Super Metroid Gravity Suit
Purple = Prime 1 Gravity Suit
Brown = Prime 2 Dark Suit

Then they'll probably add:

Yellow = Power Suit
Black = Prime 1 Phazon Suit
White = Prime 2 Light Suit

And possibly recolors based on these guys.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Nah man, this is how I feel it's gonna go.

From what's already in Brawl:

Normal = Varia Suit
Blue = Fusion Suit
Green = Based off the Mobile Suit Gundam Zaku
Red = Zero Mission & Super Metroid Gravity Suit
Purple = Prime 1 Gravity Suit
Brown = Prime 2 Dark Suit

Then they'll probably add:

Yellow = Power Suit
Black = Prime 1 Phazon Suit
White = Prime 2 Light Suit

And possibly recolors based on these guys.

Hmm, good ideas, but I think they're going to limit the alternate costumes to just one for the time being, I mean, it'd be pretty damn time consuming to make 7 alternates for every character XD

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Not everyone needs an alternate costume. I said that like a few days ago.

I'm just saying Samus' would be so easy because they're simply recolors to resemble other suits.

Nobody outside the PMBR knows the exact amount of extra slots that can be added to a character, but AFAIK it seems like they can do 4 or 5.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
How about, adding texture projects if there wont be much alts. Because I want to see project mirage finished and add it to the game :3

Cerulean

Smash Cadet

I really don't know but this post made me irritated a little bit because it felt like it just came from a desperate Pokemon fan who wants very cool stuff for his Pokemon even though it doesn't make any sense.

Mega Evolution (Japanese: メガシンカ Mega Evolution) is a transformation method found only in the Kalos region. Mega Evolutions are identified by having "Mega" in front of their name.

Transformation is Transformation, it's not the same Pokemon anymore. It's not called "Evolution" because Evolution is natural for all Pokemon. However, the term "Evolution" didn't disappear when they decided to name it instead it was called "Mega Evolution" which means that it's STILL an evolution but not in the natural way that we already know about (ex: Pikachu > Raichu). Each of the Mega Evolved Pokemon obtain different moves that their former form couldn't use. Now back to your post:

So you're basically saying that FD Link is logical as an Alt Costume, or Super Sonic? First of all, it's impossible to include FD Link because FD Link is actually a transformation from YOUNG Link and not Link, so I'm going to drop that one even though it's pretty debatable since FD Link holds 1 sword without a shield and has really long range. About Super Sonic, he gets super fast and it would look ridiculous for him as an Alt Costume. Which brings us back to Mega Charizard X, you can say pretty much the same about him as I've said about Super Sonic, he becomes faster, more powerful, gets new attacks and actually becomes a Dragon/Flying type, which is a completely different type than Charizard(Fire/Flying), so do you really think that Charizard and Mega Charizard X are the same? Or could work on each other? I don't think so. Actually, I think if Charizard was included in the next SSB he would have a final smash to transform him to Mega Charizard X/Y. So yea.

I hope this closes the debate about Mega evolution for Pokemon fanboys

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
I really don't know but this post made me irritated a little bit because it felt like it just came from a desperate Pokemon fan who wants very cool stuff for his Pokemon even though it doesn't make any sense.

Mega Evolution (Japanese: メガシンカMega Evolution) is a transformation method found only in the Kalos region. Mega Evolutions are identified by having "Mega" in front of their name.

Transformation is Transformation, it's not the same Pokemon anymore. It's not called "Evolution" because Evolution is natural for all Pokemon. However, the term "Evolution" didn't disappear when they decided to name it instead it was called "Mega Evolution" which means that it's STILL an evolution but not in the natural way that we already know about (ex: Pikachu > Raichu). Each of the Mega Evolved Pokemon obtain different moves that their former form couldn't use. Now back to your post:

So you're basically saying that FD Link is logical as an Alt Costume, or Super Sonic? First of all, it's impossible to include FD Link because FD Link is actually a transformation from YOUNG Link and not Link, so I'm going to drop that one even though it's pretty debatable since FD Link holds 1 sword without a shield and has really long range. About Super Sonic, he gets super fast and it would look ridiculous for him as an Alt Costume. Which brings us back to Mega Charizard X, you can say pretty much the same about him as I've said about Super Sonic, he becomes faster, more powerful, gets new attacks and actually becomes a Dragon/Flying type, which is a completely different type than Charizard(Fire/Flying), so do you really think that Charizard and Mega Charizard X are the same? Or could work on each other? I don't think so. Actually, I think if Charizard was included in the next SSB he would have a final smash to transform him to Mega Charizard X/Y. So yea.

I hope this closes the debate about Mega evolution for Pokemon fanboys
It's not me being a fanboy, it's me preferring Mega Charizard X over something like Cloned Charizard from the movie. And powers have absolutely nothing to do with the subject of alternate costumes, everything about an alternate costume is supposed to be aesthetic, for instance, Armored Mewtwo's armor helped it focus a lot better in terms of combat, yet I doubt it will have any affect on gameplay is it will be purely aesthetic.

All I'm saying is Mega Evolutions as an alternate form would be a better costume than other alternatives, so, to me, your post is entirely irrelevant to what I was trying to state, powers and abilities are completely beside the point, an alternate costume is just that, a costume, nothing more, nothing less. So I still stand by what I said, Mega Evos would make good alternate costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom