• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly, I wish project m made sonic's recolors (not alt costumes, the recolors they included in game) of sonic like this:

My god, these are amazing. I honestly hope Sakurai rethinks the Sonic recolors in Smash 4. Sigh.

Still though, P:MBR! If you guys did this, and used some of the other slots on Espio/Amy/SuperSonic/etc., it'd just be the greatest.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
My god, these are amazing. I honestly hope Sakurai rethinks the Sonic recolors in Smash 4. Sigh.

Still though, P:MBR! If you guys did this, and used some of the other slots on Espio/Amy/SuperSonic/etc., it'd just be the greatest.
if smash 4 doesn't do this and does the blue recolors THAT NO BODY LIKED!, I'm done. I'm just done.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
It's more a matter of our high standard for quality - we don't want to just fill up all the slots with any old texture. And if we don't put something in the slot the game will crash when you try to access it. Therefore, we only enable slots when we have something to put in them - and our art team HAS been working at a feverish pace to complete as many high quality new models as they can.
This, for real guys c'mon give them a break, I'm glad we're even getting legit alt costumes in the first place

Piks

Smash Journeyman
It looks like a mix of Starfox 64 and his Starfox 2 design. Pretty dope. Idk where the clothes design came from but I like it.
It's a new design Jiang designed himself, but it was based on classic Wolf's appearance.

splat

Smash Lord
Man, that Wolf artwork is brilliant - it is artwork right, not his model?

I hope the design gets a bunch of palette swaps as well - either way, I'm thinking of replacing all the original Brawl Wolf costumes with recolors of this design.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I still really like the idea of different Toads for different colored Peaches. Default Peach would have default Toad, Blue Peach would have Blue Toad, Red Peach would have Red Toad, Green Peach would have Green Toad, Daisy Peach would have Yellow Toad, Shadow Queen would have Purple Toad, White Peach would have....uh....Toadsworth/Toadsworth colored Toad? There are just so many Toad colors, man. It's kinda like all the Yoshi colors and the Yoshi Egg color thing except noone cares as much.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I'm very impressed with the Wofl Model. Can we expect a Classic Falco Model, or an Assault Falco?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I'm very impressed with the Wofl Model. Can we expect a Classic Falco Model, or an Assault Falco?
Melee Falco, I wanted Assault but eh, beggers can't be choosers. Or at least I think that's how that saying goes.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Now that SmashBoards is back, but the last thing said was of Wolf's costume (EDIT: Aside from the post above mine, which was not there when I started writing this, haha), the following have been announced since for those not keeping up with the Subreddit or the Twitter page (not in revealed order):
  • Melee Falco
  • Meta Knight's original costume (dubbed "Betaknight" by people on here, from what I've seen)
  • Masked Man Lucas (officially)
  • Pajama Ness
  • SM3DW Fire Peach (with ponytail!)
  • Boxing Gloves-wearing DK
  • Pirate Hat Pikachu
And the question was posed in a Reddit thread as to whether or not there was anything left to surprise us with, and Nano and SOJ (I think, I don't have it open anymore and my tabspace is flooded with unread Smashboards threads, haha; also is it SOJ or SOL, or are both wrong?? I can't remember, haha, so I thought I'd ask just in case) both responded separately with a yes, meaning that there may be more costumes not revealed yet that may not be until release (the biggest I see is Crown Jigglypuff, which was teased, and Melee Ganondorf, which has been highly requested).

Who would ya'll like to see as far as costumes go for characters who currently don't have them [revealed]? My money (if I was betting, that is, haha) is on Melee Zelda perhaps being represented, or maybe a Skyward Sword-inspired design, though both would necessitate an alt design for Sheik for the transformation - and Melee Sheik and Brawl Sheik don't really look all that different, nor is there any design to go off of as far as Sheik outside of OoT. The Awakening designs for Roy and Ike are awesome as well, and especially the former would have a good chance of being included, and I wouldn't be surprised if the PMBR was working on the same costume that Marth has now for SM4SH as an alt costume prior to his reveal, or his Awakening outfit if not. I've seen Chef Mr. G&W thrown around as well, and I'd personally like to see Masked Dedede.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Here, have some goodies that have been floating around today:

Aaaaand some unshown things...

MasterScrub

M O N A D O B O Y S
NNID
MasterScrub
Fire Peach confirms that they're willing to use costumes from games that came out after Brawl, seeing as how SM3DW came out like... what, last month?

AWAKENING MARTH PLS

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
It also shows that they have the capability to changing elements with different costumes, if Shadow and Fire Peach are in the same alt category.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'm still hoping for a Conductor Link for Toonie, and possibly Zora and Magic Armor versions for normal Link.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
TUXEDO SNAKE
I NEED IT
But anyway, these all look super-badass so far. I can't wait until I can actually play this, hopefully I'll have time to do so tomorrow

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Are official costumes going to be the only things getting in, or can people suggest costumes based off various fan arts on the internet? If the latter is allowed, I'd like to toss up these two fan arts of Zelda and Sheik I found on Deviant Art a while ago.

The artist basically went and swapped Zelda and Sheiks motifs.

Their done by an artist called Know-Name, I would suggest asking the artist for permission, but they deactivated their account, though their art is still viewable for some reason.

Could these become costumes for Project M?

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
While those look neat, I feel that Ocarina Zelda and Shiek would be as good. Since Fox, Falco, and Wolf got costumes based on their classic games, and now Link is revealed to have his Ocarina skin, it'd feel weird if Zelda, Shiek, and Ganondorf were stuck with their Twilight Princess looks. Toon Link is different since he comes from his own game so his outset uniform is fine.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
The Marth and Roy costumes, as shown above, are seriously must haves. Ike having his vanguard armor would probably be fitting as well.

Classic Falcon also looks amazing and should highly be considered for implementation.

Of the ones that exist though, I like the DK the most and Peach's fire suit very much as well.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I think Roy's and Marth's costumes in Awakening would make good alternate costumes.

I like Roy's but Marth's makes him look even more feminine than he already is. I'd like his tougher look from Shadow Dragon instead, or even that Japan only remake of FE 3, both for DS. Even if he still looks like a pretty boy, at least he's not downright androgynous.

splat

Smash Lord

These icons are all the same. All Classic Wolf - I'd say the PMBR at one point considered adding four Classic Wolf colors like Fox and Falco have.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm at school and won't be able to play in hours, but I've heard a little bird or two sing about some Jigglypuff alt costumes. Can anyone confirm what ones are available?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Jiggly has her crown and, like a big pink bow.

Edit: Sorry, the CSS lied to me. They're fairy wings. Complete with sparkles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom