• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Can I put in my vote for SMRPG Boshi as an alt Yoshi skin? Cuz' that would be DA BOMB.

Also, Scorched!Pit skin from Uprising would look really nifty. >_>; I mean...His wings are stubs in that scene, but they can change that so they're just burnt a little.

....And also, proper use of collapse spoiler tag. How do. u_u I miss the old one...
Edit: Dat works I suppose. ...I still wish we had the old one.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Can I put in my vote for SMRPG Boshi as an alt Yoshi skin? Cuz' that would be DA BOMB.

Spoilers for Kid Icarus:

Also, Scorched!Pit skin from Uprising would look really nifty. >_>; I mean...His wings are stubs in that scene, but they can change that so they're just burnt a little.

....And also, proper use of collapse spoiler tag. How do. u_u I miss the old one...
I
like to
put
pointless spoilers
in my
sentences
!

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Why is Pirate Pikachu counted as a special costume while party hat and all the other non-color changing costumes are still called color costumes?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Why is Pirate Pikachu counted as a special costume while party hat and all the other non-color changing costumes are still called color costumes?
They probably did that because they needed an extra slot for it. Here's hoping Pikachu gets even more hats to populate the "Special" section. I personally want more Pokémon Trainer hats like Ethan's, Lucas' (as in the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Trainer) and maybe even the trainers from Black (2)/White (2).

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
They probably did that because they needed an extra slot for it. Here's hoping Pikachu gets even more hats to populate the "Special" section. I personally want more Pokémon Trainer hats like Ethan's, Lucas' (as in the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Trainer) and maybe even the trainers from Black (2)/White (2).
I'd just like pikachu to be colored different colors for teams. ><;
old school shiny pikachu for red pikachu, come on people. xD

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can a character have more than 1 'special' ? (not counting recolors)
Are there none currently?

Edit: ah, I see. I was thinking Jigglypuff's crown and butterfly wing costumes were both "specials"

Might not be possible because I think they're going off Wario's setup, which only uses recolors..?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Then why arn`t Pikachu`s Party Hat and Jiggz` Fairy Wings and Crown special then? they take up more slots.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Are there none currently?

Edit: ah, I see. I was thinking Jigglypuff's crown and butterfly wing costumes were both "specials"

Might not be possible because I think they're going off Wario's setup, which only uses recolors..?
It should be possible, Wario's extra costumes function just like regular skins as far as I know, and regular skins are easy to overwrite with special skins.

Actually, I think the Project M alternate skins simply run off of a code which iirc just gives every character 10 skins, can't remember the name of it but it's been quite popular. If that's the case, then they've simply labelled the special skins (aka the model edits or ones with extra effects) as alternate costumes, but they are actually implemented like any other skin.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Wait, only 10?
OK, so that explains why Mario doesn't have his Wario alt anymore.

WORTH IT

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Actually, I think the Project M alternate skins simply run off of a code which iirc just gives every character 10 skins.
Actually they have been working on the ACE before Cbliss (the code your talking about) was released. It functions differently as it has Team color support.
If that's the case, then they've simply labelled the special skins (aka the model edits or ones with extra effects) as alternate costumes
Fire Peach, Fairy Wing Jiggz, and PirateChu say otherwise.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if they are allowed to use the samus and olimar ones. Also, I don't think the marth one fits their criteria.
see Fire Peach and they said they can give a character a costume inspired by another character from the same franchise.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Smash 4 Olimar is basically Brawl Olimar with a brighter texture and a whistle on the helmet. Not enough design differences to make it at all worthwhile as an alt.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
I really hope we get a costume for Samus in the next update. While the Fusion Suit is cool, I prefer the armored looks. I would like to highly recommend:

Default PED Suit

75% Corrupted PED Suit w/ Hazard Shield

Light Suit

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet
I hate the Other M suit. Not to mention it's in SSB4 so we're going to see it eventually anyways. I'd much rather have Samus get some suits from the Prime trilogy. Dark, Light, PED, ect. A proper Fusion Suit would be boss as well.

This has been requested a LOT, but Ganondorf needs a OoT costume. Pretty much Melee's, but with long hair and a red cape(he actually only had short hair when Link was a child, so I never understood why it was short in Melee).

The other character I feel REALLY needs an alt costume is Ike. His appearance in Brawl really bugged me because he never used Ragnell as a ranger( I mean, come on, I can't be the only one who found this stupid). Ideally, I'd like to see him get a Lord/Hero/Vanguard costume with the Ragnell and his existing ranger costumes changed to the Regal Sword(because that's pretty much his signature weapon as a ranger, as evident by the PoR cover).

Add those three things in, and I can die happily. lol.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Oh man, that Light Suit looks so pretty! I'd love that.

The other character I feel REALLY needs an alt costume is Ike. His appearance in Brawl really bugged me because he never used Ragnell as a ranger( I mean, come on, I can't be the only one who found this stupid). Ideally, I'd like to see him get a Lord/Hero/Vanguard costume with the Ragnell and his existing ranger costumes changed to the Regal Sword(because that's pretty much his signature weapon as a ranger, as evident by the PoR cover).

Oo, that's interesting. That would be really cool - I'm excited to see what they come up with for the FE guys, since they've got so many great costumes to pick from.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Serious question: I always see people requesting Fusion Suit Samus. The blue Samus in brawl is clearly designed after the Fusion Suit and is almost exactly the same as Fusion Suit Samus except for a few details, like the shoulders and the arms. Why do so many people want another costume that looks only slightly different than one we already have? (The same goes for the Dark Suit, which is less-commonly requested; the Brown Samus is clearly designed after the Dark Suit, with even fewer differences).

Personally, I'd much rather have that sexy Light Suit, the Phazon Suit, and the PED Suit before a Fusion Suit.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Serious question: I always see people requesting Fusion Suit Samus. The blue Samus in brawl is clearly designed after the Fusion Suit and is almost exactly the same as Fusion Suit Samus except for a few details, like the shoulders and the arms. Why do so many people want another costume that looks only slightly different than one we already have? (The same goes for the Dark Suit, which is less-commonly requested; the Brown Samus is clearly designed after the Dark Suit, with even fewer differences).

Personally, I'd much rather have that sexy Light Suit, the Phazon Suit, and the PED Suit before a Fusion Suit.
Well why not do what they did with Dark Pit? Just have fusion suit replace the one already there.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Actually they have been working on the ACE before Cbliss (the code your talking about) was released. It functions differently as it has Team color support.

Fire Peach, Fairy Wing Jiggz, and PirateChu say otherwise.
Piratechu is labeled special

what about this replacing the nes toon link texture?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2jl4760tdnsg02/OOT texture v2.rar
The only one that was replaced was Wario Mario, I don't think they're willing to replace unless it's absolutely necessary. As a stand alone special, yeah it'd be pretty cool.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31

My thoughts exactly. I mean, I like the Fusion Suit, but I'd much prefer something light the Dark Suit, Light Suit, or PED suit. That way we still get the cool armored look, but also something that looks different enough from the default suit.

If someone from the PMBR is reading this, PLEASE consider these suits as Samus' alt costume! I'd love to see one of these in game. Great thing about Samus for this topic: she has PLENTY of costume options to choose from. :D

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet

Because having the proper model is better than just having a palette swap of the varia model. And the Dark Suit has more differences than you think(for example, the visor, shoulders, and back are completely different, and the prime suits also have the grapple beam on her other arm. Not to mention the morph ball also looks a lot different).

But yes, we don't need a proper Fusion suit AND the fusion palette swap. But they could just remove the latter if they wanted too(same goes for the Dark Suit).

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Piratechu is labeled special

The only one that was replaced was Wario Mario, I don't think they're willing to replace unless it's absolutely necessary. As a stand alone special, yeah it'd be pretty cool.
But why isn`t Party Hat Pikachu special? Why arn`t any of the other Pikachu costumes special?

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
Whoops, stupid link. By Snake Pliskin I meant Snake disguised as Iroquois Pliskin, not THE Snake Plissken.
Oh, yeah I'd love to see any Snake alt at this point. I'd prefer the tux, but the Pliskin disguise wouldn't be farfetched anyway considering his model is in Brawl in the first place

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
No.

Ridley for Clone Engine.
Honestly, this is probably the only way we'll get playable Ridley. Sakurai has stated multiple times about how he hates the idea of playable Ridley.

But why isn`t Party Hat Pikachu special? Why arn`t any of the other Pikachu costumes special?
Cause they aren't special. Personally I don't think Piratechu should be a special either. But since he is, I think he needs more alternative costumes. Maybe a red bandana Pikachu and a green eyepatch Pikachu to go with the pirate theme.

Also Red Bandana should be Raichu colored like Generally Epic and a few others have been saying for the last few posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom