• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Both are the same character. Both are Luigi. Snake and Big Boss are not the same character.
Luigi and Paper Luigi are from different dimensions.
If the character looks exactly like the character, sounds exactly like the character, and acts exactly like the same character... it's the same character.
IF Diddy can have an alt of him looking like dixie, then snake can look like big boss.

MLGF

Smash Lord

So gentlemen, these two look really similar so it'd be dumb to put in both.
But which one is better?

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
If the character looks exactly like the character, sounds exactly like the character, and acts exactly like the same character... it's the same character.
IF Diddy can have an alt of him looking like dixie, then snake can look like big boss.
You obviously don't know much about Metal Gear if you think Snake and Big Boss act the same. And Diddy doesn't have a costume of Dixie.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
You obviously don't know much about Metal Gear if you think Snake and Big Boss act the same. And Diddy doesn't have a costume of Dixie.
Diddy's pink outfit is based on Dixie, but is daisy peach a better choice. You're right, I haven't played metal gear but I still don't see why snake can't have the same outfit. He's a clone for god's sake. He's the same on a cellular level!
P:M needs to further clear what makes the character different from another. Are the different links different? Is mario different from paper mario? Is a clone of a character like blood falchion, a different character?

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet

So gentlemen, these two look really similar so it'd be dumb to put in both.
But which one is better?
I'd prefer Lord Ike for an alt. Between those two though, I'd say Vanguard.

I'd also like to see his old ranger costumes use the regal sword(the one on the PoR cover for those that don't know) instead of the Ragnell. He never used the Ragnell as a ranger and it's always bugged me in Brawl. =/

MLGF

Smash Lord
At the very end of Path of Radiance, he's back in his old Ranger clothes and probably still has Ragnell in possession for at least some period of time before he loses it.
Honestly I never understood that complaint.

And theres a good reason why Sakurai just didn't go with Lord Ike too, Lord Ike is the epitome of high fashion. The Project M Back Room likely didn't even want to put it in as an alt due to how he would style over everyone.

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet
At the very end of Path of Radiance, he's back in his old Ranger clothes and probably still has Ragnell in possession for at least some period of time before he loses it.
Honestly I never understood that complaint.

And theres a good reason why Sakurai just didn't go with Lord Ike too, Lord Ike is the epitome of high fashion. The Project M Back Room likely didn't even want to put it in as an alt due to how he would style over everyone.
I'm aware he had Ragnell in his possession as a ranger numerous times. Hell, he had it for most of the game IIRC(he just had no need for it before the Black Knight fight). What bugs me is that he never USED it as a ranger. There's a fairly big difference, at least to me.

And I seriously hope you're kidding in your second paragraph. It's not in because it's too stylish? That's got to be the worst reason I've ever heard for leaving a costume out.

Anyways, I got nothing against his Hero and Vanguard appearances. Truth be told I'd love to see any of the three get added to this. I just preferred his thinner, younger looks.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I seriously hope you're kidding in your second paragraph. It's not in because it's too stylish? That's got to be the worst reason I've ever heard for leaving a costume out.
Pretty sure that second paragraph was meant to be a joke, also I agree that Ranger Ike should be using the Regal Sword and not Ragnell.

I'd like to see Ranger class Ike get the Regal sword with Ike's alternate costumes being Lord class Ike with Ragnell, Hero class Ike with Ettard, and Vanguard class Ike With Alondite (Cause why not have them all as alts?) but if I'm down to just one alt for him with recolors I'd choose Lord class.

MLGF

Smash Lord
I'm aware he had Ragnell in his possession as a ranger numerous times. Hell, he had it for most of the game IIRC(he just had no need for it before the Black Knight fight). What bugs me is that he never USED it as a ranger. There's a fairly big difference, at least to me.

And I seriously hope you're kidding in your second paragraph. It's not in because it's too stylish? That's got to be the worst reason I've ever heard for leaving a costume out.

Anyways, I got nothing against his Hero and Vanguard appearances. Truth be told I'd love to see any of the three get added to this. I just preferred his thinner, younger looks.
wait...
um...
you mean...
It wasn't obvious I was joking?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I got around to thinking about some of the alternate costumes, and I realized I didn't like one of them. My least favorite costume is Ocarina Link because, if PMBR doesn't know how to make costume specific voices yet, why did they put him in? It's jarring seeing Ocarina Link speaking in Twilight Link's voice. Since they can't make voices costume specific yet, I'd have picked Ordon Link over Ocarina Link. Plus he'd fit in with Toon Link's Outset outfit.

But, you know, that's just me. It doesn't bother me THAT much, but I really hope PMBR can work another miracle if they're sticking with Ocarina Link. What are some costumes you guys are disappointed with / want to see improved?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I actually don't like the Melee Falco/Link alts, just looks and feels weird, especially Link's: he has too little colors going on compared to everyone. The Falco alts are good but I'd rather just give Brawl Falco the coats and a little shaping up, rather than try to bring too much of the Melee model where it feels a bit smaller in PM than its Melee incarnation.

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
No one's really brought up Sonic lately, so I'm gonna refer to some old posts I made in regards to him.

And by refer, I mean link to them. XD

http://smashboards.com/threads/alt-costume-thread.340857/page-28#post-15968978

http://smashboards.com/threads/alt-costume-thread.340857/page-28#post-15969023

Or if nothing else

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35112

Just do his SA2 Alt racing outfit like this and model him some new Soap Shoes to make it look better and more accurate.
Those SA2 costumes were actually modeled after characters from Phantasy Star Online, at least in the original SA2 for Dreamcast.

Needless to say, I will be disappointed if Sonic has any costume other than this

like seriously, I will start ****ing maining Sonic if he gets the orange SA2 HUmar suit

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
But, you know, that's just me. It doesn't bother me THAT much, but I really hope PMBR can work another miracle if they're sticking with Ocarina Link. What are some costumes you guys are disappointed with / want to see improved?
I don't dislike OoT Link because of his voice, but rather because he looks like a simplified TP Link. It's not that different and just seems boring to me. I also don't really care about DK's alt or the Melee Fox and Falco. The rest are amazing, though.

Those SA2 costumes were actually modeled after characters from Phantasy Star Online, at least in the original SA2 for Dreamcast.

Needless to say, I will be disappointed if Sonic has any costume other than this

like seriously, I will start ****ing maining Sonic if he gets the orange SA2 HUmar suit
Um... Are you sure you linked the right image?

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet
I don't care for the melee skins either. I'd prefer new costumes that we haven't seen in Smash yet. Fox and Falco could have had their Starfox: Assault costumes, and Link could have had his Ordon clothes or the magic/zora armor.

Also, it bugged me that some characters got completely made up alts in 3.0(ROB, Jiggs) while other characters with tons of existing costumes(Ike and Samus, for example) got nothing. Canon alts should come first, then the fanmade stuff. IMO, anyways.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Spoken like someone that doesn't know Metal Gear (which you should, it's great!).

First of all Solid Snake and Big Boss don't share 100% of their genome. Solidus Snake and Big Boss do. Solid was engineered to be inferior to BB, and Liquid to be superior.

Furthermore, BB and Solid Snake have completely different moral compasses and personalities.

I will say, though, that I don't see any reason why BB couldn't just be a skin. That sounds fine to me. They are similar enough on a skeletal and facial level for that to be just fine.

Last edited:

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
Lol, that's really weird. The image he used showed up as this in my email alert.

That's better, haha. I know there's a website somewhere that doesn't let you link images, so that Knuckles and Link picture comes up. Not sure what the website is, but I've stumbled upon it a few times.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Spoken like someone that doesn't know Metal Gear (which you should, it's great!).

First of all Solid Snake and Big Boss don't share 100% of their genome. Solidus Snake and Big Boss do. Solid was engineered to be inferior to BB, and Liquid to be superior.

Furthermore, BB and Solid Snake have completely different moral compasses and personalities.

I will say, though, that I don't see any reason why BB couldn't just be a skin. That sounds fine to me. They are similar enough on a skeletal and facial level for that to be just fine.
Fine, skin then. As longs as the damn texture is an alt costume, you could call it an abomination against god for all I care. xD

SuperMarioKarter

Smash Rookie
My wish list:
  • Conductor Toon Link
  • Four Swords manga-style dark Toon Link with purple hair
  • Black and white tunics for Ocarina Link
  • Super NES F-Zero-style Falcon
  • Change Falcon's red color to fully match Blood Falcon like they did with Dark Pit
  • Purple Ganondorf
  • Melee Zelda
  • Pretty much any suit for Samus
  • Metal Sonic
  • Oiriginal Green version Jigglypuff complete with lopsided eyes. Tell me this wouldn't be hilarious
I'm glad they included Melee costumes for the spacies. Their Brawl designs look really cluttered.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
I just thought of something that we NEEEEEEED.
LOU ALBANO ALT COSTUME.
albario.png

You can't possibly understand how happy I'd be with this

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Stumbled upon this, thought it might be a good costume for Pikachu :

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Someone from PMBR. Help me get this working 100% (also for Fox, Falco and Ganon when I do them).
Also for those who don't like Melee Link cause he ain't gaht no alternate voice:

The incomplete version of this is available in my SFX Thread... but only works with that project soooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom