• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I always used gold armored Mewtwo, but I think I'm gonna have to go with Team Rocket Mewtwo every once in awhile. It's just too cool to pass up. I'm also digging the Pikachu costume, but I'm still holding out for a proper alt like Masked Pikachu.
Tell me about this Masked Pikachu.

Also Rookie Bowser is so great. The perfection is in the idea that someone who sucks with him and wore the costume is indeed, a "rookie".

Last edited:

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone. This is my first post in this threat, and i have a few things to say. First to all, i want to congratulate the Project M Developer team by all the effort they added in their costumes, which are incredible detailed and beautiful, well done guys, :p.

The other thing is, well, a more selfish one, XD, i just wanna share some constumes ideas i have in my mind a long time ago, that sadly i can't do by myself now that i have other priorities in my daily routine (unlike my old modding days on Stack Smash years ago)

The best i can do is to draw them, so here they are.
Yeah, this costume is based on Tetra from Wind Waker, but in order to mantain a more mature look fitting for Sheik personality, made some adjustment for make her look more like a traditional Pirate, including the jacket details, the hat and the boots, :p

And on pair for this costume, here's Earth Sage Zelda:

And this Zelda costume is based on a mix of Medli with Laruto, both Earth sages on Wind Waker. as you see, it has Laruto´s Crown and Medli clothes (which are very similar to Laruto as well)

And that's all. Hope you like them, and yeah, any feedback is appreciated; (And of course if the PM dev team wants to use my ideas, i have no problem with it, :p)
Meh, if she were to be a pirate, I think this would look more spot on (with a few additional tweaks in her clothing, that is).

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
Well, like they say, fit with what you like i guess. As for me, making Sheik wearing straight up Tetra clothes it feels "wrong" considering the big differences in game-style, attitude and age-wise, that's why i took a original-inspirational approach with my idea, recreating the clothing that keeps with her character and with the athmosphere of her world (AKA OoT/TP kind of atmosphere), as a grown up adult that has the look and composture of a great pirate captain.

Having the Toon style zelda costumes straght up fits more with the characters of the same world, not have anything about those, but it's like another kind of breed if you ask me. Again, i am just giving my impressions

Last edited:

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
Well, like they say, fit with what you like i guess. As for me, making Sheik wearing straight up Tetra clothes it feels "wrong" considering the big differences in game-style, attitude and age-wise, that's why i took a original-inspirational approach with my idea, recreating the clothing that keeps with her character and with the athmosphere of her world (AKA OoT/TP kind of atmosphere), as a grown up adult that has the look and composture of a great pirate captain.

Having the Toon style zelda costumes straght up fits more with the characters of the same world, not have anything about those, but it's like another kind of breed if you ask me. Again, i am just giving my impressions
Yeah, that's why I also suggested "additional tweaks" to mature her clothing.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Hello everyone. This is my first post in this threat, and i have a few things to say. First to all, i want to congratulate the Project M Developer team by all the effort they added in their costumes, which are incredible detailed and beautiful, well done guys, :p.

The other thing is, well, a more selfish one, XD, i just wanna share some constumes ideas i have in my mind a long time ago, that sadly i can't do by myself now that i have other priorities in my daily routine (unlike my old modding days on Stack Smash years ago)

The best i can do is to draw them, so here they are.
Yeah, this costume is based on Tetra from Wind Waker, but in order to mantain a more mature look fitting for Sheik personality, made some adjustment for make her look more like a traditional Pirate, including the jacket details, the hat and the boots, :p

And on pair for this costume, here's Earth Sage Zelda:

And this Zelda costume is based on a mix of Medli with Laruto, both Earth sages on Wind Waker. as you see, it has Laruto´s Crown and Medli clothes (which are very similar to Laruto as well)

And that's all. Hope you like them, and yeah, any feedback is appreciated; (And of course if the PM dev team wants to use my ideas, i have no problem with it, :p)

This is actually really really cool.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Talking about Alternates once more, here's some ideas for Link, Zelda and Sheik.

For Link:

Phantom Link (Replaces White Outfit) - Basically, a whole skin re-texture of Link's white outfit, where Link's tunic is not only white, but his body, hair and hat as well. Of course, the only things black are his belt, boots, gauntlet, Master Sword hilt and Hylian Shield Color. The rims and designs of the Hylian Shield, along with the Triforce, are completely white, while Link's eyes are a black, with a red pupil glow.
Note: Ironically, I had an image of this (it was a modified look of PM's Link alternate), but decided not to show it, though I could if people are interested in it.

BEN Drowned - Another Alternate that would fit Link well, as Link would have the following for his designs; black eyes with a red glow, a Cheshire grin and blood coming from his eyes. As well, he'd have a dark green and torn tunic, black tights, regular shoes, no gauntlets or cap, and chains dangling from his wrists (which dangle and move similarly to Link's cap). The Master Sword is replaced with the Gilded Sword, as the Hylian Shield is replaced with the Mirror Shield.

Golden Armor Link - Basically, the Rupee Armor from Twilight Princess, which would give Link a rather stylish look, as well as something else to have. However, unlike the rest, when Link wears this, he should have no shield, but have been implemented Light Armor as compensation and balance.

For Zelda:

Vaati Costume - Basically, Zelda gets a Vaati alternate, which looks like his Reborn state. However, Zelda doesn't get an alternate skin color and retains most of her looks. It make sense due to the two being magic users.

Linkelle - Basically, Zelda dons what should have been the clothing for another Hyrule Warriors character, who was named Linkelle. Zelda gets Link's outfit, a hood and more...

For Sheik:

Vega Sheik - Sheik gets an alternate, where she wears bandages on her chest, a ring around her upper arm, a claw with 3 blades on her left hand, and her hood, as well as a mask. She also wears the pants and shoes of the Spanish Narcissist, Vega. However, other than the bandages on her chest, she wears nothing else, nor does she actually change character; she's the exact same character within another's wear.

And...that's all I can think of that's not mainly said.

Blitzus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4253-3622-3146
Talking about Alternates once more, here's some ideas for Link, Zelda and Sheik.

For Link:

Phantom Link (Replaces White Outfit) - Basically, a whole skin re-texture of Link's white outfit, where Link's tunic is not only white, but his body, hair and hat as well. Of course, the only things black are his belt, boots, gauntlet, Master Sword hilt and Hylian Shield Color. The rims and designs of the Hylian Shield, along with the Triforce, are completely white, while Link's eyes are a black, with a red pupil glow.
Note: Ironically, I had an image of this (it was a modified look of PM's Link alternate), but decided not to show it, though I could if people are interested in it.

BEN Drowned - Another Alternate that would fit Link well, as Link would have the following for his designs; black eyes with a red glow, a Cheshire grin and blood coming from his eyes. As well, he'd have a dark green and torn tunic, black tights, regular shoes, no gauntlets or cap, and chains dangling from his wrists (which dangle and move similarly to Link's cap). The Master Sword is replaced with the Gilded Sword, as the Hylian Shield is replaced with the Mirror Shield.

Golden Armor Link - Basically, the Rupee Armor from Twilight Princess, which would give Link a rather stylish look, as well as something else to have. However, unlike the rest, when Link wears this, he should have no shield, but have been implemented Light Armor as compensation and balance.

For Zelda:

Vaati Costume - Basically, Zelda gets a Vaati alternate, which looks like his Reborn state. However, Zelda doesn't get an alternate skin color and retains most of her looks. It make sense due to the two being magic users.

Linkelle - Basically, Zelda dons what should have been the clothing for another Hyrule Warriors character, who was named Linkelle. Zelda gets Link's outfit, a hood and more...

For Sheik:

Vega Sheik - Sheik gets an alternate, where she wears bandages on her chest, a ring around her upper arm, a claw with 3 blades on her left hand, and her hood, as well as a mask. She also wears the pants and shoes of the Spanish Narcissist, Vega. However, other than the bandages on her chest, she wears nothing else, nor does she actually change character; she's the exact same character within another's wear.

Those are a bit.... Dark... aren't they?

TRJV

Smash Journeyman

For Link:

For Zelda:

For Sheik:

BEN Drowned and Vega Sheik couldn't happen.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, you've been told before on this thread that alts aren't supposed to reference other series.
And certainly not creepypastas.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Psykid post" 17529885 member: 243148 said:
Ben Drowned is stupid.

At least this isn't as bad as when someone almost downvoted Skull Kid in the CE Thread cause of that story.
You shouldn't have done that.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Bowser's darker tone is also repped in a recolor.

All in all Melee bowser would be pointless. Melee costumes are only necessary for characters that changed design/game inspiration.

Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
Bowser's darker tone is also repped in a recolor.

All in all Melee bowser would be pointless. Melee costumes are into necessary for characters that changed design/game inspiration.
Melee Roy? (Hair changed):bubblebobble:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
OP still hasn't updated..
How about a more on-model Bowser? Take an existing one from the Mario games (either from NSMBW or SMG), and give him the Smash Bros. texture treatment.
He's already pretty on-point! How close to you want him to be..?

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Bolding the pun is like explaining the joke when you tell one.

It ruins it.
When you use wordplay you stress the part of the word (or word) that's relevant to the joke. Since this is text and thus doesn't have sound I stress the relevant parts in a different way. Hence the bold. If I didn't bold then my intention to pun may be unclear to some. They may think that I was just saying the first joke was catastrophic in its intended meaning.

#offtopic
#jokesareseriousbusiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom