• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I think we need an HD Fourside.

SOMEONE WHO CAN ART, WE NEED YOU RIGHT NOW!! MAKE THIS A THING!!

Hey guys, costume related! What do people think about costume effects? Like how Peach's Shadow Queen costume has darkness, and her fire swap has fire? If anything, I think:
  • Fire Mario and Fire Luigi need fire effects, for their standard attacks,
  • Dry Bowser needs Aura effects,
  • Ice Climbers need ice effects for all their attacks
  • Yoshi's yellow, red, and blue palette swaps need camera-shakey, firey, and wingy effects, respectively, akin to Super Mario world, there's a mod out there that does that,
  • Samus', for her Dark Suit, Gravity Suit, Power Suit, Light Suit, and Fusion suit, needs darkness, electricity, green fire, magic, and more electricity, representing the dark beam, wave beam, plasma/nova beam, light beam, and, again, the wave beam, respectively.
  • Dark Pit's attacks needs darkness!
  • Mewtwo's armor needs electricity?
  • Black Gi Lucario needs darkness?
  • Ike and Roy's team colours should have green fire, fire, and aura, for each team?
  • Mr. Game & Watch needs bubbles for his standard attacks?
  • Pink Captain Falcon (Captain Fabulous) needs magic or hearts for all his attacks, and his up-taunt needs singy-songy notes from Peach or Jigglypuffs
Also, Mr. Game & Watch needs his parachute in fire back, with water effects on the fishbowl, and Ice Climbers need a 1% chance of freezing for every attack. *Cough*
Funny, I also had a similar thing in mind for the Light suit. Ice and Fire need Light and Dark effects, but I have no clue how
they'd add light effects to the flame particles.

• Mario Bros. already have fire effects, using them on anything else would be weird.
  • Dry Bowser breathes regular fire, doesn't he?
  • IC's already have ice effects I'm pretty sure.
  • Yoshi's fine, Yoshi's Island already has established that they don't have powers just because of their color.
  • Maybe all the Dark versions of characters need darkness effects too.. Hey maybe C. Falcon's Blood Falcon color swap can use Ganondorf's old Warlock Punch effects.
  • I don't think M2 needs any electricity effects.
  • Neither does Lucario.
  • That would be awesome if that could be done; Why not do the same for Marth and make his Neutral-B have appropriate team colors?
  • I'm not sure about G&W.. Maybe for his bucket attack?
  • & Yes please.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I think we need an HD Fourside.

Funny, I also had a similar thing in mind for the Light suit. Ice and Fire need Light and Dark effects, but I have no clue how
they'd add light effects to the flame particles.

• Mario Bros. already have fire effects, using them on anything else would be weird.
  • Dry Bowser breathes regular fire, doesn't he?
  • IC's already have ice effects I'm pretty sure.
  • Yoshi's fine, Yoshi's Island already has established that they don't have powers just because of their color.
  • Maybe all the Dark versions of characters need darkness effects too.. Hey maybe C. Falcon's Blood Falcon color swap can use Ganondorf's old Warlock Punch effects.
  • I'm not sure about G&W.. Maybe for his bucket attack?
  • & Yes please.
Most of 'em were for why nots, especially the ones in grey, haha, didn't put extensive thought in 'em. BUT NOW I HAVE MY SERIOUS DISCUSSION GLASSES ON!! *ahem*
I should've been more specific: I initially meant that Ice Climbers should have ice effects for every attack; including standard attacks. Now I think about it, that's an anti-fun idea. Though it would be cool if they implemented ice into the pummel. Luigi has a new elemental atttack; Green Fire. I was thinking that, for the Fire Luigi palette swap, it would switch out for regular fire. I was also thinking that perhaps Mario and Luigi's down special, up special, and maybe several of their standard attacks, would also don the flames. In the most recent Mario games, specifically Mario 3D Land and I believe New Super Mario Bros. 2, Dry Bowser uses blue flames. In Project M, Dry Bowser flashes red, his side-smash utilizes a flame explosion, and his standard fire breath is ordinary. Those would change, if possible. I think the last of the three is not.
Another problem with the Yoshi thing is that the only colours it would affect, except for yellow, are team colours.
In the regard of Captain Falcon... YOU'RE A GENIUS. Though I don't think it would translate very well over Dark Meta Knight,Dark Link, and Dark Toon Link, unless they only applied the effect to the bombs and the arrows of the latter.

Oh, and Justin Bailey, I think should implement some effects as well. Perhaps ice.
Ninja Squirtle should have slashy effects.

This was the Yoshi mod I mentioned: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=34576&Moderated=All

UNNECESSARY CHANGES ARE NECESSARY.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Most of 'em were for why nots, especially the ones in grey, haha, didn't put extensive thought in 'em. BUT NOW I HAVE MY SERIOUS DISCUSSION GLASSES ON!! *ahem*
I should've been more specific: I initially meant that Ice Climbers should have ice effects for every attack; including standard attacks. Now I think about it, that's an anti-fun idea. Though it would be cool if they implemented ice into the pummel. Luigi has a new elemental atttack; Green Fire. I was thinking that, for the Fire Luigi palette swap, it would switch out for regular fire. I was also thinking that perhaps Mario and Luigi's down special, up special, and maybe several of their standard attacks, would also don the flames. In the most recent Mario games, specifically Mario 3D Land and I believe New Super Mario Bros. 2, Dry Bowser uses blue flames. In Project M, Dry Bowser flashes red, his side-smash utilizes a flame explosion, and his standard fire breath is ordinary. Those would change, if possible. I think the last of the three is not.
Another problem with the Yoshi thing is that the only colours it would affect, except for yellow, are team colours.
In the regard of Captain Falcon... YOU'RE A GENIUS. Though I don't think it would translate very well over Dark Meta Knight,Dark Link, and Dark Toon Link, unless they only applied the effect to the bombs and the arrows of the latter.

Oh, and Justin Bailey, I think should implement some effects as well. Perhaps ice.
Ninja Squirtle should have slashy effects.

This was the Yoshi mod I mentioned: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=34576&Moderated=All

UNNECESSARY CHANGES ARE NECESSARY.
That mod is very neat. Some people may have a problem with Yellow Yoshi's tremors, however.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I'm not sold on the elemental effects. There are lots of hacks in Brawl Vault that add those things and none of them look cool.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Somebody should change DK's facial features so that when he does his shrugging taunt, he just does this and points at his crotch DX style:

It would be hilarious if you just saw that face with gorilla noises in the background.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Somebody should change DK's facial features so that when he does his shrugging taunt, he just does this and points at his crotch DX style:

It would be hilarious if you just saw that face with gorilla noises in the background.
NO.
NONONONONONONONO.
NONO.
NO.
Though I did suggest a Donkey Kong Cartoon costume earlier...

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas

Uh.. ahhh...... umm....sooo..... uhhhhh... STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER!!!!!!

But on the whole effects thing I always though G&W could have little blinky effects, sorta like Pacman's taunt/throwy thing in Sm4sh but all black and white and junk for his hammer or food throw thangs.
(Ex.
)

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
:roypm: I still want a Roy Koopa Roy costume. :4roy:

And about that... A while ago I started making one... And up until today, had nonstop bugs. Now it's near flawless. I hope to refine the textures a bit, I'll be releasing it on the vault soon. Two versions, one with a shell, and one without.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
:roypm: I still want a Roy Koopa Roy costume. :4roy:
And about that... A while ago I started making one... And up until today, had nonstop bugs. Now it's near flawless. I hope to refine the textures a bit, I'll be releasing it on the vault soon. Two versions, one with a shell, and one without.
change the chant to Bowser saying "Roy's my Boy!"

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
:roypm: Does anyone else think that Roy's last palette swap is foreshadowing a costume?
:4roy:Also, I feel bad for polluting this sacred place with my achievements, so please, look here for my Roy Roy costume.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Diddy Kong in Lanky or Chunky Cosplay?

That tacky plaid green vest, or the blue overalls? Sounds like a good idea to me.

SmashBrosPM

Smash Cadet
MY Suggestions :

Luigi : -Dreamy Luigi (+ Team Recolors)

Peach : -Melee Peach Alt

-Melee Daisy Alt

Bowser : -Team Recolors for Dry Bowser

-Meowser

Donkey Kong : -Funky Kong Cosplay

Diddy Kong : -Smash 4 additionnal costumes (Yellow & Cyan)

-Chanky Kong Cosplay

-[1 Costume Left]

Zelda : -Hyrule Warriors Costume

-Smash 4 White Costume

-[1 Costume Left]

Sheik : -Hyrule Warriors Costume

-Smash 4 Yellow Costume

-[1 Costume Left]

Toon Link : -Conductor Link

Samus : -Phazon Suit

Zero Suit Samus : -Super Metroid Ending

Pit : -Smash 4 additionnal costumes (Cyan & Pink)

-Classic Dark Pit

R.O.B. : -Smash 4 White Costume

-Wii R.O.B.

Mr. Game & Watch : -Orange G&W

Kirby : -Orange Kirby

-Brown Kirby

Meta Knight : -Galacta Knight Cosplay

-NES Meta Knight (without the eyes, for a more classic look)

King Dedede : -Masked Dedede

Captain Falcon : -Smash 4 Yellow Costume

-Pikmin Suit

Pikachu : -Ethan’s Hat

-Pikachu Rock Star (from Pokemon ROSA)

-Pikachu Pop Star (from Pokemon ROSA)

Squirtle : -Ghost Squirtle (based on Clone Squirtle) [ http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/01/1420323532-ghost-squirtle-by-meowmatsu-d5bev3d.png ]

- [1 costume left]

Ivysaur : -Ghost Ivysaur (based on Ghost Squirtle: Dark Green Colored Monster-like Ivysaur?) [ color looks like: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/01/1420323659-bulbasaur-clone-by-krissi2197.jpg ]

- [2 costumes left]

Charizard : -Smash 4 additionnal costumes (Red, Yellow & Purple)

Mewtwo : -Shiny Mewtwo in Armor

-Orange Mewtwo

Jigglypuff : -Nurse Joy Hat

-Bigglypuff

-El Globo

Roy : -Leif Cosplay

Lucas : -Project M Shirt

-[2 Costumes Left]

Sonic : -Link Sonic

-Excalibur Sonic

Ice Climbers, Olimar, Lucario & Snake: I have no idea...

MLGF

Smash Lord

**** is this, Melee Hell?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, could someone please explain to me the appeal of "Melee Peach"? I don't understand what makes it special.

Melee Daisy on the other hand...

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I'm sorry, could someone please explain to me the appeal of "Melee Peach"? I don't understand what makes it special.

Melee Daisy on the other hand...
probably because melee peach is more colorful. if the brawl peach was brightened, i think it would be fine.

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
So I read about an Impa cosplay suggestion for Sheik in the first page. Would she look like this if she were to have that costume?

If so, totally voting for it!

Last edited:

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
To this day all I can think of is Maid Lucas. I can't sleep at night. Hours spent doodling concept art in my notes. My heart aches for him. Every other character would become irrelevant to me.

Maid Lucas pls

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
So I read about an Impa cosplay suggestion for Sheik in the first page. Would she look like this if she were to have that costume?
ALL MY NOPE. NONONONO. IT'S TOO... REVEALING... *shudder*

Then again, I'm part of the "Sheik's a DANG MALE" cult, so that may be a biased part of my nope.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Ya know,it's funny this thread isn't very active during a time like this,when its suggestions have a chance of actually coming into effect.
But I can see why(no hype...)

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
ALL MY NOPE. NONONONO. IT'S TOO... REVEALING... *shudder*

Then again, I'm part of the "Sheik's a DANG MALE" cult, so that may be a biased part of my nope.
Let's NOT start this again (especially after what's officially stated about her)!

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Hey so I have ideas. A costume for Mario or Wario where they cosplay as there... uh.. grandpa/weird creepy uncle/dad/cousin from Nintendo Power. He's the guy in the picture in the top right. Also a recolor for Lugi based on the Luigi in the pic.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Hey so I have ideas. A costume for Mario or Wario where they cosplay as there... uh.. grandpa/weird creepy uncle/dad/cousin from Nintendo Power. He's the guy in the picture in the top right. Also a recolor for Lugi based on the Luigi in the pic.
I didn't know Mario was related to Cap'n Crunch.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Oh god so I've been looking through old scans of Nintendo Power and I found a gold mine.

Last edited:

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811

If so, totally voting for it!
Sexy picture aside, I think this would be cool. But I would add in Impa's Hyrule Warriors eye tattoo.

themaziest

Smash Cadet
Let's wake up this thread! Which characters are missing a costume in PM and what do you suggest?

Olimar
A classic cosmonaut suit would fit him a lot, a white and shiny costume with a Smash Logo on his shoulder! It'd be stellar.

Diddy Kong
I already talked about Diddy in a previous post, so I always think he should cosplay a Kremling in a fashion way.

Jigglypuff
My idea is to give him a victorian mask. There could be a lot of creativity here, even different masks for each color. So cute.

Roy
Think of him with his awakening outfit: he's really badass. This, or a cosplay of his father Eliwood.

Ivysaur
Onionsaur? No idea, sorry.

Less fancy than a costume, but as important to me, I really would like to see new animations for some characters. Most important in my head are Luigi's funny jump from Super Mario Bros 2, a dropkick smash for Falco (because why not?), and any crazy idea the team could come up with. Finally, I'd be excited about some GFX nods in the game : "electric guitar Smash" for Lucas, classic turnip for Peach, Diddy's DKC2 voice for a taunt, etc. The dream is real.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Let's wake up this thread! Which characters are missing a costume in PM and what do you suggest?

Olimar
A classic cosmonaut suit would fit him a lot, a white and shiny costume with a Smash Logo on his shoulder! It'd be stellar.

Diddy Kong
I already talked about Diddy in a previous post, so I always think he should cosplay a Kremling in a fashion way.

Jigglypuff
My idea is to give him a victorian mask. There could be a lot of creativity here, even different masks for each color. So cute.

Roy
Think of him with his awakening outfit: he's really badass. This, or a cosplay of his father Eliwood.

Ivysaur
Onionsaur? No idea, sorry.

Less fancy than a costume, but as important to me, I really would like to see new animations for some characters. Most important in my head are Luigi's funny jump from Super Mario Bros 2, a dropkick smash for Falco (because why not?), and any crazy idea the team could come up with. Finally, I'd be excited about some GFX nods in the game : "electric guitar Smash" for Lucas, classic turnip for Peach, Diddy's DKC2 voice for a taunt, etc. The dream is real.
Time for me to give it a try... I've talked about most of 'em before, but I'm gonna be even more specific:
Olimar - 2 costume slots left:
The bulb, no matter what, cannot be removed. I think Bad Ending Olimar should be the highest priority, with a worn and torn suit, leaving one costume slot left, which should be used for a President palette swap. Alternatively, akin to Sonic's palettes and Samus' fusion suit, the President and Louie palette swap could be replaced with semi-costumes: Olimar would sport their same suits with their same colours, and in addition, sport their hair: The President's moustache, curly top, shirt with buttons, white gloves, and Louie's single hair puff. Each file for each costume has Pikmin, meaning you can change their model or texture without altering the Pikmin on the other costumes. I think the Bad Ending Pikmin should have textures to look like they've been disbanded: How they appear in Pikmin 1.

Diddy Kong - 4 costume slots left:
First off: Diddy needs a Super Kong palette replacement for his blue palette. White looks bluer than yellow-brown anyway, it should use the same shirt. Or maybe the palettes from Donkey Kong 64.
Poor Diddy has only one game of his own, and is also the only Rareware character in the game, so I think his costumes should reference said game and franchise: Diddy Kong Racing! Since Sonic was able to get that weird Skater guy costume, (even though it's not my particular taste, I like the Tails on better, it's still a good costume!) I think Diddy Kong should have a Banjo and Conker costume, both of whom are, in my opinion, Rare's biggest characters, this leaves two character slots left. If the Project M team continued with the Diddy Kong Racing theme, they could use the last two to reference either Taj or Wizpig, Bumper or Timber, Drumbstick and Trophy Thomas (even though he's from Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts, he's more like a "furried" version of T.T), or Krunch, leaving one more slot, which could be either a new Palette, or an idea to correspond to another costume idea I have for Donkey Kong:

Donkey Kong - 1 costume slot left:
Now this could be used for anything... But I think the best idea would be to use this last slot for a Donkey Kong Country Returns evening silhouette palette swap.
They should also replace his red tie on his white palette swap to reference Super Kong, while corresponding to his Blue Boxing costume. They COULD have Super Kong replace the blue palette swap, so that they could add one more costume, (Swanky Kong?) but I think this would be a bad idea.They could also change some palettes akin to Donkey Kong 64.

Jigglypuff - 3 costume slots left:
I'm not even gonna try to be creative: El Globo.
Maybe "vacation Jigglypuff"? With sunglasses, a hat, maybe sunscreen on the nose area? It's not a direct reference to anything, so *shrug*
And lastly... How about green Samurai/Shogun/Ninja Jigglypuff? I know Squirtle has a Ninja costume already, but it could be a subtle reference to the removed sash.

Roy - 3 Costume Slots left:
:roypm: ROY'S OUR BOY. :4roy:
Roy - 3 Costume Slots left, I'm being serious now:
It's obvious that the last palette swap is a reference to "Awakening Roy". I've never played the game, but I think a costume version is a good idea, perhaps with Team colours. That, or leave the swap as a more subtle reference, and add three team coloured references to another character. Didn't people say Leif would be a good swap?

It'd scare me.
I've never played Fire Emblem, so in all honesty, I'm not one to talk.

Ivysaur - 3 costume Slots left
I mentioned a zombified Ivysaur a while ago, in reference to Paras and Parasect: :046::047:
Ivy's leaves, if he was zombified, would dry out, fall off, die, and in its' place, mushrooms would grow. I think the larger bulb would be replaced with a huge mushroom, the leaves smaller mushrooms, maybe some molds would grow on him, maybe have a T-Rated design inspired by the "Last of Us" zombies, which were based off of the Zombie ant. The eyes would be pupil-less, and I think it should have Team colours, red, blue, and green, inspired by the Pokémon trainer's palette swaps, with maybe a little inspiration from the "Ice Ivysaur" in Project M.
'Cause you gotta admit... Those default swaps look unhealthy. Maybe they should be a bit more desaturated, onion's actually a clever idea too.

TLDR version:
:olimar:
Bad ending Olimar with pale Pikmin, Louie and Presidenet Semicostume,
:diddy:Diddy Kong Racing costumes, Donkey Kong Country returns silhouette, Superkong, maybe Donkey Kong 64 palettes,
:dk2:Donkey Kong Country returns silhouette, Superkong, maybe Donkey Kong 64 palettes, simply to match Diddy,
:jigglypuff:El Globo, Vacationpuff, Samurai/Shogun/Ninja,
:4roy:Awaking + team colours, or Leif,
:ivysaur:Parasect mushroom zombie with team colours used from Brawl,

But heck, why stop with those who DON'T have costumes? Here are ideas for those who can have more! MOAR, REVIVE THIS THREAD!!
Luigi - 3 Costume Slots left:
Luigi's "cheesy boogerman", the palette based off of Super Mario Bros., Melee, and the first Smash Bros. the second costume. Maybe they could even remove the gloves and replace them with bare hands!

The penultimate slot could be a Dr. Luigi slot, to match Dr. Mario, and the last slot... Anything could be here, but I love Tock Knock's Dream Luigi and KTH's Casino Luigi.

Peach - 2 Costume Slots left:
Since Luigi and Mario can be doctors, maybe Peach should have her nurse costume... Though I'm having trouble imagining that, so maybe they could just plop a hat onto white Peach to make it match more. I also think they should add a Rosalina Palette or semi-costume, and DEFINITELY make the Daisy costume more direct. Though I don't understand people's fascination with Rosalina, it's a little scary...

Bowser - 3 Costume Slots left:
Rookie Bowser would be cool, though his palette should be more akin to Mario & Luigi's: More yellow, and instead of spike-bands, have cloth bits tied around his arms. Like-a-some sort of ninja or whatever. Maybe fingerless gloves.
For some reason, Dark Bowser is stupid popular... So I guess we can add him...
And I would love a King Koopa inspired alt: Green Sm4sh alt, without hair, and a crown on top.
Meowser is better than all though.

Zelda/Sheik - 3 Costume Slots left:
Team colours.

Toon Link - Only one:
Either a purple Outset Link, Conductor Link, Minish Cap Link, or Young Link inspired garb, with the Razor sword and the Deku shield.

Metroid - 1 Costume Slot left:
Replace the dark suit palette with the Phazon suit, and add a true Dark Suit.
Or replace the dark suit palette with a True Dark Suit, and add the PED Suit.

Metroid took off her clothes - 1 Costume Slot left:
The True Dark Suit could have her Super Metroid Ending, or maybe just another Palette Swap.
The PED Suit would have a corrupted Zero Suit Samus. I don't know what the suit itself would be based on.
I also think an SJS design replacing each Zero Suit would be best, the redesign he took is a lot less sexist, a lot more human, a lot more attractive, and has a holster. Swoon...
Kid Icarus - 3 Costume Slots left:
I'd be satisfied with Team Colours for Toon Pit, though darker and more saturated than the Brawl design.
Alternatively, they could do the Sacred Treasures Pit, Sacred Treasures Toon Pit, and Toon Pittoo.

Ice Climbers - 3 Costume Slots left:
I saw camo Ice Climbers on the vault I loved...
I'd be totally satisfied with Melee Green and Melee orange. When I say "satisfy", I mean "in love".

Leaving one left, which should go to the NES box-art version. Yup. All I want are swaps.
Maybe they could also do a Balloon Fight or Clu Clu Land costume/palette. Somehow. They're clever, they can do it. "Clu Clu Land" is so close to "Ku Klux Klan"...

R.O.B - 3 Costume Slots left:
Translucent atomic Purple is NECESSARY. Especially given the purple theme of Project M. Followed by Wii and N64 heads.

Mr. Game & Watch - 1 Costume Slot left:
3D Red outline and Black Inside Game & Watch, in reference to the Virtual Boy.
or Gameboy watch.

Kirby - 2 Costume Slots left:
Samurai Kirby is possible! Switch out the feet, change the eyes for full eyebrow anger, give him Ash Ketchum cheeks, and maybe add fans or something to the hands I don't know something of Japanese culture. If they wanted to be clever, they can reduce his size slightly, and add a tiny topknot. It's possible to do while making the hat fit. IT'S POSSIBLE, I'VE DONE IT!! Almost, I'm really lazy.
And Yarn Kirby, I don't know if Yarn Kirby could give his hats a 2-D shader, but it would be awesome.

Meta Knight - 2 Costume Slots left:
Classic Meta Knight semi-costume I made earlier, Tock Knock's Meta Knight.

King Dedede - 1 Costume Slot left:
Kingsonnn Dededoo.
That or Quickdraw or Masked Dedede.

Captain Falcon - 2 Costume Slots left:
I'm not even gonna try to be original:
Famicom disguise, and that evil guy palette swap or costume,
or Team Colours for Classic Falcon.

Pikachu - 3 Costume Slots left:
Move the pirate hat or blue party hat to the blue team colour, then add three Team Pichu Palettes, each with Pichu's costumes, adding a bandana to Pikachu with goggles, leaving room for one more slot: Melee Cowboy hat:

Or simply a clone, Raichu, Pichu palette swap without accessories or bandanas.

Pokémon Trainer - 1 Costume Slot,
I know he was removed, but I think each of his Pokémon should have a clone palette swap, to make a greater difference, that's slightly more red. However, this would remove an Ivysaur that I mentioned earlier. To make room for this extra, they could put the white/blue Ivysaur over blue.

Squirtle - 1 Costume Slot left now,
Shiny Squirtle from Brawl?

Charizard - 2 Costume Slots left now,
Armour to match Mewtwo's 'cause awesome.

Lucario - 2 Costume Slots left:
Old Red Lucario swap, albeit with a more purple hue, or SSB4 Purple, with a Riolu palette, maybe even another Gi costume, maybe in red.

Mewtwo - 2 Costume Slots left:
ORANGE MEWTWO. ORANGE MEWTWO. ORANGE MEWTWO.I also heard mention of Copper Shiny Mewtwo armor, which would be cool, or maybe a Pink Mewtwo referencing Mew.

Lucas - 3 Costume Slots left:
Claus themed Masked Man, DCMC shirt, a Mother 3 Shirt, or a picture of Reggie's face saying "I know your pain and hate you all". I love Reggie.
Maybe Reggie costume.

Snek - 3 Costume Slots left:
Big Boss Team colours, and Tuxsnake.
Maybe literal Snakeskin clothes or Old Snake. Maybe pink.

Sonic - 2 Costume Slots left:
Excalibur Sonic, Brawl Sonic with the rings.

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Time for me to give it a try... I've talked about most of 'em before, but I'm gonna be even more specific:
Olimar - 2 costume slots left:
The bulb, no matter what, cannot be removed. I think Bad Ending Olimar should be the highest priority, with a worn and torn suit, leaving one costume slot left, which should be used for a President palette swap. Alternatively, akin to Sonic's palettes and Samus' fusion suit, the President and Louie palette swap could be replaced with semi-costumes: Olimar would sport their same suits with their same colours, and in addition, sport their hair: The President's moustache, curly top, shirt with buttons, white gloves, and Louie's single hair puff. Each file for each costume has Pikmin, meaning you can change their model or texture without altering the Pikmin on the other costumes. I think the Bad Ending Pikmin should have textures to look like they've been disbanded: How they appear in Pikmin 1.

Diddy Kong - 4 costume slots left:
First off: Diddy needs a Super Kong palette replacement for his blue palette. White looks bluer than yellow-brown anyway, it should use the same shirt. Or maybe the palettes from Donkey Kong 64.
Poor Diddy has only one game of his own, and is also the only Rareware character in the game, so I think his costumes should reference said game and franchise: Diddy Kong Racing! Since Sonic was able to get that weird Skater guy costume, (even though it's not my particular taste, I like the Tails on better, it's still a good costume!) I think Diddy Kong should have a Banjo and Conker costume, both of whom are, in my opinion, Rare's biggest characters, this leaves two character slots left. If the Project M team continued with the Diddy Kong Racing theme, they could use the last two to reference either Taj or Wizpig, Bumper or Timber, Drumbstick and Trophy Thomas (even though he's from Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts, he's more like a "furried" version of T.T), or Krunch, leaving one more slot, which could be either a new Palette, or an idea to correspond to another costume idea I have for Donkey Kong:

Donkey Kong - 1 costume slot left:
Now this could be used for anything... But I think the best idea would be to use this last slot for a Donkey Kong Country Returns evening silhouette palette swap.
They should also replace his red tie on his white palette swap to reference Super Kong, while corresponding to his Blue Boxing costume. They COULD have Super Kong replace the blue palette swap, so that they could add one more costume, (Swanky Kong?) but I think this would be a bad idea.They could also change some palettes akin to Donkey Kong 64.

Jigglypuff - 3 costume slots left:
I'm not even gonna try to be creative: El Globo.
Maybe "vacation Jigglypuff"? With sunglasses, a hat, maybe sunscreen on the nose area? It's not a direct reference to anything, so *shrug*
And lastly... How about green Samurai/Shogun/Ninja Jigglypuff? I know Squirtle has a Ninja costume already, but it could be a subtle reference to the removed sash.

Roy - 3 Costume Slots left:
:roypm: ROY'S OUR BOY. :4roy:
Roy - 3 Costume Slots left, I'm being serious now:
It's obvious that the last palette swap is a reference to "Awakening Roy". I've never played the game, but I think this is a good idea, perhaps with Team colours. That, or leave the swap as a more subtle reference, and add three team coloured references to another character. Didn't people say Leif would be a good swap?

It'd scare me.

Ivysaur - 3 swaps left
I mentioned a zombified Ivysaur a while ago, in reference to Paras and Parasect: :046::047:
Ivy's leaves, if he was zombified, would dry out, fall off, die, and in its' place, mushrooms would grow. I think the larger bulb would be replaced with a huge mushroom, the leaves smaller mushrooms, maybe some molds would grow on him, maybe have a T-Rated design inspired by the "Last of Us" zombies, which were based off of the Zombie ant. The eyes would be pupil-less, and I think it should have Team colours, red, blue, and green, inspired by the Pokémon trainer's palette swaps, with maybe a little inspiration from the "Ice Ivysaur" in Project M.
'Cause you gotta admit... Those default swaps look unhealthy. Maybe they should be a bit more desaturated, onion's actually a clever idea too.

TLDR version:
:olimar:
Bad ending Olimar with pale Pikmin, Louie and Presidenet Semicostume,
:diddy:Diddy Kong Racing costumes, Donkey Kong Country returns silhouette, Superkong, maybe Donkey Kong 64 palettes,
:dk2:Donkey Kong Country returns silhouette, Superkong, maybe Donkey Kong 64 palettes, simply to match Diddy,
:jigglypuff:El Globo, Vacationpuff, Samurai/Shogun/Ninja,
:4roy:Awaking + team colours, or Leif,
:ivysaur:Parasect mushroom zombie with team colours used from Brawl,
I like all of em but maybe Diddy and DK could have their Strikers costumes, or for DK.....
(I swear I freaking love old nintendo power) and possibly for Ivy he could have the Ivysorcerer alt to round off the whole Perkermern alts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom