• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I dunno if it's possible in-game or not, but can you knock items back with Peach's Tennis Racket and Golf Club F-Smash?

If not, imagine you're on Fountain of Dreams and you're on one of the low platforms.
Your enemy throws a projectile at you.
You Smash it back with your golf club and it flies at a golfball angle and reads his jump.
He loses the stock.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I guess I never asked for it :0

Mr.L was a special case. I knew this going which is why I was so hesitant in giving him team colors in the first place. I know they ended up being a little boring but I think it's worth it just to be able to play as Mr.L in teams now. Yes it does break most of the recolor rules but in my eyes Mr.L's black clothing is the same as any other character's hair/eye color. It needed to remain constant. Besides 75% of the time in recolors black stays black with a slight hue adjustment. ( not that there's many characters with black on them )

Mr.L is just Luigi in slightly different clothes. Start recoloring the all black outfit and you get Luigi in different clothes in different clothes. It really just did not sit well with me.

Last edited:

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Why doesn't Puff have a command taunt? It'd be hilarious if she could snore upon landing Rest, like with Falcon's Knee or ZSS's dsmash.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Does Mario have the stars in his Down-B in 3.6?

If so, Mario should have a smash side taunt where his Luma comes out of his hat and goes back in!

In addition to the Brawl death taunt returning..

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I dunno if it's possible in-game or not, but can you knock items back with Peach's Tennis Racket and Golf Club F-Smash?

If not, imagine you're on Fountain of Dreams and you're on one of the low platforms.
Your enemy throws a projectile at you.
You Smash it back with your golf club and it flies at a golfball angle and reads his jump.
He loses the stock.
Peach needs all the buffs she can get so please keep them coming haha. Ness has a bat, we have golf clubs. Simple enough

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon, Male Wire Frame
Peach, Melee Costume
Zelda, Female Wire Frame
Ehh.. I guess.

I'd prefer a Phoenix recolor and a Classic Falcon Dr. Stewart recolor for C. Falcon.

Zelda/Sheik are probably just gonna get Melee recolors.

Peach? Who knows..

Shin F.

Smash Master
Ehh.. I guess.

I'd prefer a Phoenix recolor and a Classic Falcon Dr. Stewart recolor for C. Falcon.

Zelda/Sheik are probably just gonna get Melee recolors.

Peach? Who knows..
Nah, wireframes have no chance since they change the character's identity, and PMDT is kind of against doing that. Plus, you can just grab them off the vault if you want them for yourself.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
When does Luigi get his much needed Get Key Victory Smash Taunt from Luigi's Mansion.

Maybe afterwards he could throw the key, if that's possible.
I doubt that's possible, Luigi's facial expressions in LM are waay more exaggerated than in Brawl. Like Brawl Luigi barely does anything with his mouth comparatively.

Also White Peach needs to have regular Peach's crown and earrings. As of right now(at least from just looking at her CSS screen alt pictures), she uses the same crown/earrings as Fire Peach.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I doubt that's possible, Luigi's facial expressions in LM are waay more exaggerated than in Brawl. Like Brawl Luigi barely does anything with his mouth comparatively.

Also White Peach needs to have regular Peach's crown and earrings. As of right now(at least from just looking at her CSS screen alt pictures), she uses the same crown/earrings as Fire Peach.
Who says it has to be a 1:1 copy of the LM animation?

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon, Male Wire Frame
Peach, Melee Costume
Zelda, Female Wire Frame
Shin F explained why wireframes are a no go and Melee Peach is just Peach with far less detail on about everything lol. It'd be pointless to do it

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
You could say the same thing about Melee Link though.
Not exactly because Melee Link is an actual different art style compared to TP Link plus some little things here and there like their boots and how the gauntlets are done. In Peachs case her Brawl design is an improved Melee Peach, some details added to her dress, better hair texture etc

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Not just the art, Melee Link aka Ocarina Link is totally different design-wise from Twilight Princess Link. The face is different, the hairstyle is different, the clothing accessories you mentioned are different, the Master Sword is different, the Hylian Shield is different, the scabbard is different.

The whole thing is different enough to warrant the classic look for the Zelda characters. Just like Classic Star Fox and Classic Pit warrant new costumes for their original models.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Not exactly because Melee Link is an actual different art style compared to TP Link plus some little things here and there like their boots and how the gauntlets are done. In Peachs case her Brawl design is an improved Melee Peach, some details added to her dress, better hair texture etc

They're still easily distinguishable. Brawl Peach has a lot more on the dress. There are a lot of layers on Brawl Peach, whereas Melee Peach has a thinner dress. The pattern at the bottom of their dress is different too, as is the coloration of the dress and the hair. If the two Links aren't a problem then these two designs shouldn't be.

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman

They're still easily distinguishable. Brawl Peach has a lot more on the dress. There are a lot of layers on Brawl Peach, whereas Melee Peach has a thinner dress. The pattern at the bottom of their dress is different too, as is the coloration of the dress and the hair. If the two Links aren't a problem then these two designs shouldn't be.
Lol that's what I'm saying, Brawl Peach just has a more detailed dress and the hair has a real texture this time because Brawl took a more realistic approach than Melee did (plus Brawl being on a more powerful system of course)

And the differences between OoT Link and TP are far greater as they're 2 different people and designs where as Brawl Peach is just an upgrade from Melee Peach because Nintendo had more power and freedom with Brawl

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
You have to draw the line somewhere. Melee colors are more saturated and the models have less detail in them. That's what Melee Remastered 2.0 is doing.

I could see Melee Trophy Dedede, Meta Knight, Olimar, and Melee Captain Falcon, DK and Samus (not including Bowser or Yoshi since they have differently shaped models) also get their classic looks as alternative costumes based on the criteria being used to include Peach on that list.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
It's not simply the model having less detail. It's not just that there are better textures or anything. There are plenty of design differences with the dresses. The differences seem much more readily apparent than the Melee/Brawl Link. The main reason you can tell Melee Link apart if because his Tunic is lighter and has less detail, like the lack of stitching. There may be some other subtle differences, but they're not really noticeable in gameplay. I don't get how you could justify one but not the other.

Shin F.

Smash Master
The difference is that Link's design looks very different overall, as a whole, but Peach's design is different only in the details. Link's got thicker limbs, hands and feet, a different face and hair, and a drastically different shade of green - these are things that can be seen at a glance even while the two are in motion. Peach's proportions (arms), face, and hair are nearly identical and her colors are closer than the two Links.

Basically, Link's models and textures both are different, but it's mostly Peach's textures that are different with very little change in model.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
The difference is that Link's design looks very different overall, as a whole, but Peach's design is different only in the details. Link's got thicker limbs, hands and feet, a different face and hair, and a drastically different shade of green - these are things that can be seen at a glance even while the two are in motion. Peach's proportions (arms), face, and hair are nearly identical and her colors are closer than the two Links.

Basically, Link's models and textures both are different, but it's mostly Peach's textures that are different with very little change in model.
On top of this, like Comeback Kid said, you've got to draw the line somewhere. All characters are gonna be different to a degree and some people will prefer the older ones. No one would think that Melee Mario's model should return, for instance.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Also anyone with me on the bowser Melee model. He looks like a monster in Melee.

Every tooth, spike, claw and horn look way sharper than Brawl Bowsers. Even his hair looks like it will cut you.
Also this Koopa is ripped. He looks like a mutant turtle dinosaur hybrid on steroids.

Then you got this big teddy bear.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace

But the dresses have drastically different designs from the torso down, and the Brawl version is significantly puffier. Peach's dress is wat draws a lot of attention because of how damn big it is.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
But the dresses have drastically different designs from the waste down, and the Brawl version is significantly puffier. Peach's dress is wat draws a lot of attention because of how damn big it is.
The waist down is only half her body vs the entirety of Link's body being different. Further, the only really big difference in model on that portion is the sash-like thing on her waist, with the rest being texture. The slight extra puffiness in the Brawl design is not significant since at a passing glance, it's hardly even noticeable, so it's certainly not going to stand out much in motion.

I'm not even arguing against having it, just so you know. I really don't care about Peach in the slightest, so whether she gets the costume is irrelevant to me. I wouldn't mind it since, as you've said, the dress design is indeed different. But it can't be argued that the Peaches are just as different as the Links.

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Also anyone with me on the bowser Melee model. He looks like a monster in Melee.

Every tooth, spike, claw and horn look way sharper than Brawl Bowsers. Even his hair looks like it will cut you.
Also this Koopa is ripped. He looks like a mutant turtle dinosaur hybrid on steroids.

Lol his hair looks sharp because the GameCube couldn't handle hair particles as well and his arms are small as hell. Sure he looks more monstrous but he's never truly been a straight up monster, the dude plays sports for God sakes XD lol. Plus he's like a dirty brown which burns my eyes since he's supposed to be a yellowish orange :p

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Bowser definitely could use some muscle definition in his arms and legs.

Melee Bowser also has twice the amount of spikes on his cuffs. And a way cooler voice.

Last edited:

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
So I think the Ice Climbers' alt should be changed so that Nana is wearing a penguin costume.
Of course it would be adorable and fit the arctic theme and their color preferences.
But the main reason is that it would make them into a bear/bird team.
Then they'd be even more of a sad reminder.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Has anyone tried giving Sonic his Riders costume or probably both a Sol and Ky color palette respectfully for Marth and Roy

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
About wanting the Peach model. There are a ton of differences if you have eyes.

Melee Peach
-----------
1. Bigger hair, different color
2. Longer side burns lmao.
3. Smaller face/less elongated face than Brawls Peach.
4. Bigger mouth, bigger nose, smaller eyes.
5. Less drastic eyelashes than Brawl's. Melees Peach is no harlot.
6. Different crown with smaller gems
7. Smaller earrings.
-Clearly the head models are different.
8. Larger chest amulet plus border design and the gold around it is larger/more elaborate.
9. Different collars
10. Different Waist design, its a corset. Also giving her a thinner waist on the Melee model.
11. Different lower dress gold design.
12. Visually different colored dresses.
13. Different bicep cuffs. Brawls are almost nonexistent.
14. Dress has a red bottom. Plus a red line. Brawls doesn't
15. Shorter dress than Brawls.
16. Transparent floral lower dress design. Which Brawls Peach doesn't have.
17. No hip shawl or whatever the heck that is on brawl peach. Making the models visually different.
18. No crinoline like Brawl's peach. Or it is just smaller. Making a visual difference in models.
19. Basically lets just simplify it and go with a completely different dress/model in general. Otherwise I will be going all day.
20. Tighter Gloves with a different design. Brawls gloves come to a v. Plus the Melee gloves are shorter than Brawls.
21. Completely different umbrellas. Melee Peaches is plain white, fancier and more realistic.
Brawls is pink and white.

I know most of it has to do with her dress but that's like 90 percent of her appearance, she is covered in a dress. The models are differently proportioned in entirety because they are different models. Also the dresses are very different in shape and visual appearance associating with the models.

I primarily only want a few costumes in reality.
-Melee Bowser Model.
-Melee Peach Model
-Chef Game and Watch
-and Maybe a King Koopa Bowser costume if lucky.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
So I think the Ice Climbers' alt should be changed so that Nana is wearing a penguin costume.
Of course it would be adorable and fit the arctic theme and their color preferences.
But the main reason is that it would make them into a bear/bird team.
Then they'd be even more of a sad reminder.
Actually a Penguin costume for botth of them would be pretty cool.

Shin F.

Smash Master
About wanting the Peach model. There are a ton of differences if you have eyes.

Melee Peach
-----------
1. Bigger hair, different color
2. Longer side burns lmao.
3. Smaller face/less elongated face than Brawls Peach.
4. Bigger mouth, bigger nose, smaller eyes.
5. Less drastic eyelashes than Brawl's. Melees Peach is no harlot.
6. Different crown with smaller gems
7. Smaller earrings.
-Clearly the head models are different.
8. Larger chest amulet plus border design and the gold around it is larger/more elaborate.
9. Different collars
10. Different Waist design, its a corset. Also giving her a thinner waist on the Melee model.
11. Different lower dress gold design.
12. Visually different colored dresses.
13. Different bicep cuffs. Brawls are almost nonexistent.
14. Dress has a red bottom. Plus a red line. Brawls doesn't
15. Shorter dress than Brawls.
16. Transparent floral lower dress design. Which Brawls Peach doesn't have.
17. No hip shawl or whatever the heck that is on brawl peach. Making the models visually different.
18. No crinoline like Brawl's peach. Or it is just smaller. Making a visual difference in models.
19. Basically lets just simplify it and go with a completely different dress/model in general. Otherwise I will be going all day.
20. Tighter Gloves with a different design. Brawls gloves come to a v. Plus the Melee gloves are shorter than Brawls.
21. Completely different umbrellas. Melee Peaches is plain white, fancier and more realistic.
Brawls is pink and white.

I know most of it has to do with her dress but that's like 90 percent of her appearance, she is covered in a dress. The models are differently proportioned in entirety because they are different models. Also the dresses are very different in shape and visual appearance associating with the models.

I primarily only want a few costumes in reality.
-Melee Bowser Model.
-Melee Peach Model
-Chef Game and Watch
-and Maybe a King Koopa Bowser costume if lucky.
The problem with many of those is that they're too small to be noticed from a distance in motion, which is where it's actually going to matter. If you can't see the difference while focusing on a match, it's not worth mentioning. Taking away the things that you probably wouldn't even notice mid-match, we are left with:
1. Different Waist design, its a corset. Also giving her a thinner waist on the Melee model.
2. Different lower dress gold design.
3. Visually different colored dresses. ~Iffy because although different, they are very close.~
4. Dress has a red bottom. Plus a red line. Brawls doesn't
5. Transparent floral lower dress design. Which Brawls Peach doesn't have.
6. No hip shawl or whatever the heck that is on brawl peach. Making the models visually different.
7. No crinoline like Brawl's peach. Or it is just smaller. Making a visual difference in models.
8. Basically lets just simplify it and go with a completely different dress/model in general. Otherwise I will be going all day.
9. Completely different umbrellas. Melee Peaches is plain white, fancier and more realistic. Brawl's is pink and white.
Whether those are enough to differentiate them, I dunno, but examining the models for differences that only barely exist is of no practical use. Of course, PMDT could always take creative liberty and do things to further separate the two.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
The Ice Climbers should get a costume based on the Topi enemy. Popo would wear one based on the NA Yeti Topi, whereas Nana would get one of the JPN Seal Topi.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
The problem with many of those is that they're too small to be noticed from a distance in motion, which is where it's actually going to matter. If you can't see the difference while focusing on a match, it's not worth mentioning. Taking away the things that you probably wouldn't even notice mid-match, we are left with:

Whether those are enough to differentiate them, I dunno, but examining the models for differences that only barely exist is of no practical use. Of course, PMDT could always take creative liberty and do things to further separate the two.
A lot of the differences mentioned between Melee/Brawl Link aren't really noticeable either though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom