• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM to Melee

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Ok so I play a lot of G-dog in PM and I always try using him in Melee, but obviously he is different so I have a lot of trouble. For the most part they are the same, but of course in PM, he has the float and the flame choke. When I'm playing Melee I end up using the side B waaay more then I should be. That's not really the only problem. For the most part it is just that Ganondorf just feels different to use between the two games. He is definitely better in PM, but they are both around the B+, A- tier in their games so how good he is shouldn't really be the problem. Does anyone main him in both PM and Melee or is it just too weird for you guys like it is for me? Anyone have good advice for using him in both games?

Last edited:

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
My outlook on PM is to play a character similar to the ones I use in Melee, but not exactly the same. That way I can keep my playstyle more or less similar in a new environment, while preserving game-specific skill. But that's just me.

I play Ganon/Falcon in Melee, and Ike in PM. Power of Ganon + burst movement/aerial mobility of Falcon + a sword = profit.

Last edited:

Simmonick

Smash Cadet
The way I look at it Ganon in PM can be played much more aggressive. His Wizard foot can overpower projectiles and is generally much more powerful. Not so much in melee, Wizards foot should be used very sparingly in Melee. And flame choke is insanely good as opposed to Gerudo Dragon in Melee. Float has application that make it more usable than Warlock Punch.

All and all Ganon just has more options in PM that allow him to be played fundamentally different. Ganon in Melee has to be played more defensively. With properly spaced fairs,bairs, and spot on tech chases. I think you need to change your mentality when playing melee to much more patient and defensive one, as well as obviously not using the options that make him great in PM (side-b,down-b, neutral-b). I used to play Ganon when I played PM but I like him a lot more in Melee. Good luck with your transition!

Top Bottom