• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Thread

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Only two weaknesses is pretty good, and poisons like gengar and weezing have levitate.

Weezing can cripple any physical because he's only weak to psychic, which is almost a purely special type and can will o wisp.

The problem is it's a defensive typing but many of them aren't designed to be defensive.

:phone:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Weezing can't cripple anything anymore.

Crippling implies it can take enough battering from sweepers to get off the WoW.

Such circumstances do not exist anymore.

252+ Atk Choice Band Haxorus Outrage vs 252 HP/252 Def Weezing: 67.37% - 79.34% (2HKO)
252 +2 Atk Haxorus Outrage vs 252 HP/252 Def Weezing: 81.14% - 96.11% (OHKO w/ Rocks)
252 Atk Life Orb Salamence Outrage vs 252 HP/252 Def Weezing: 49.7% - 58.68% (2HKO)
252 +2 Atk Life Orb Cloyster Icicle Spear vs 252 HP/252 Def Weezing: 81.74% - 96.11% (OHKO w/Rocks)
252 +1 Atk Conkeldurr Stone Edge vs 252 HP/252 Def Weezing: 35.93% - 42.51% (Can't burn, 3HKO)
252 Atk Choice Band Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs 252 HP/252 Def Weezing: 43.41% - 51.5% (usually 2HKOs with Rocks)

The list goes on.
Poison is a bad type, and even Pokemon with the Defensive stats to back it up don't even pull it off.

Probably the best example of a defensive Poison is Tentacruel, and even it only owes its poison typing for TSpikes, the Fighting Resistance, and the Grass Neutrality.

You're a pretty bad type if the only reason to use your type is for the Status it can inflict, which any TM learning Pokemon in the game can get.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Which...... is about the status they inflict....

Yeah.....

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Inflicting a status and absorbing it are two different things. Grounds absorb twave but don't inflict paralysis.

Also, you were specifically referring to toxic.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
There's a Page 100 between the known scans missing somewhere.

What is it hiding?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, anyone remember when everyone though Meloetta was a pokemon that changed genders?

Somehow, putting her hair up automatically makes her a gender bender.

I mean, c'mon. She's still wearing a dress in dance form. Putting her hair up (With a feminine looking hair pin, mind you) doesn't make her look like a guy at all.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
[I'm surprised it's not for the 3DS .Hopefully it's continueing the story[/I]

tnorrlotssb

Smash Rookie
Considering that Pokemon Black 2 has Zekrom merged back into Kyurem, and Pokemon White 2 has Reshiram merged back into Kyurem, then we can expect both Zekrom and Reshiram to be merged back into Kyurem completely in another sequel, probably to be entitled Pokemon Grey, which would mean that Nintendo will further break the two-versions-followed-by-a-third-remake tradition, as Pokemon Grey would be another sequel, not a remake. This would also mean the the mascot of Pokemon Grey would be a fully reassembled Kyurem, and it would not be Ice type due to the life/energy being fully restored to it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's a really detailed rumor but, honestly in all these years I've seen much more convincing photos and descriptions.

Calling fake on those right off the bat.

It would be sort of nice if it were true, though :<

D

Deleted member

From what the rumor says, the new player characters could be inspired by the Roaring Twenties.

I'm okay with that.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oh look pics are coming in.

[collapse=pics]

[/collapse]

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Serebii's got info up on the main page, too.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Summary:

• New protagonists and rival
  • Set 2 years later than BW
  • Takes place in Unova, but the map is partially frozen (sounds familiar...)
  • There are now 300 Pokémon in the Unova Pokédex (This includes at least Psyduck, Riolu, and Metagross)
  • New gym leaders, poison and water
  • New Pokémon Researcher who researches Pokémon strength
  • New areas, including the new starting place Hiougi City and underwater tunnels with clear glass
  • Black Kyurem will know the move Freeze Shock, White Kyurem will know the move Ice Burn

The fact that this will take place in Unova at least partially invalidates the prior leak, I suppose. Also the whole "the region is now partially frozen thing" really reminds me of the whole region getting cooler part of Platinum, but maybe that's just me. It's definitely looking to be more of a significant change than I initially expected from these titles, though, so I'm interested to hear what else is new.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
>Black Kyurem is 3.3m, 325 kg. Freeze Shock is its signature move.
>White Kyurem is 3.6m, 325 kg. Ice Burn is its signature move.
>The game is set two years after Pokémon Black and White.

>There have been many changes to the Unova region. There appears to be an encroaching ice sheet or glacier, and the water in the area around the Entralink has dried up.
>The northern and eastern parts of Unova have been covered by this ice, and Opelucid City is just on the border of being covered.
>There appear to be cave entrances to the glacier.
>There are two new towns and at least on new route to the southwest.
>The road between Castelia City and Nimbasa City is complete.
>A new building has been added to the front of Nimbasa City, and a new area to the east of the Rondez-View Ferris Wheel.
>Driftveil City's lighthouse is gone, and several craters have appeared in the city.
>There is now a settlement on Route 4
>Liberty Garden is now shown of the official artwork of the map, and appears to have been revamped.
>The construction zone and Freezing Container south of Driftveil are both gone.
>There is a section taken out of the side of the mountain in eastern Unova, and there are several buildings here.
>Challenger's Cave has disappeared.
>The Entralink's moat is now dry, and the inner area has changed.

>300 Pokémon in addition to the original 156 Unova Pokémon are now available.

>The Unova Pokédex also appears to have drastically changed, with Riolu being #033, Psyduck being #026, and Metagross being #264.
>The Pokémon Psyduck, Arcanine, Lapras, Eevee, Mareep, Tyranitar, Metagross, Buneary, Riolu, Lucario, Weavile all appear to be in the new regional Unova Pokédex.

>There are two new player characters.
>The character wearing red is the new rival; he is said to be a childhood friend of the player. He is a passionate boy who wages on a Pokemon's strength.
>The rival is quoted as saying "From now, I'm going to rage!"
>The girl with the guitar is Homika, a new Poison-type Gym Leader. Her Gym is said to be a "Live House" (a Japanese term for a music club where live bands play). She will appear in the anime in an episode on June 14.
>The tanned male in the swimming costume is Shizui, a new Water-type Gym Leader. He is described as a big-hearted big brother who gives passionate advice.
>The man in the lab coat is Akuroma. He is researching Pokémon strength. A cut-off portion of the photo mentions he is doing something regarding the latent abilities of Pokémon. He is said to be mysterious and hard to read.

>The new starting city is Hiougi City, located in the south-west of the map.
>Its main point of interest is its lookout.
>There is a Pokemon Center and Trainers' School; this is the first time the starting city has included either, as well as the first time the starting location is a city and not a town.
>There are several new facilities. One image shows a large glass tube going through water with Mantine swimming overhead.

tnorrlotssb

Smash Rookie
I like the player characters. They seem like more-Japanese style remakes of the ever-so-American styled player characters of Black and White, with similarities in nearly everything including hat designs and the female's bubbley hairstyle. Also, is it safe to assume that we'll be getting the same starter Pokemon as Pokemon Black and White version?

D

Deleted member

Meh, I preferred the BW player characters. They reminded me of the 80s.

But yeah, I like what this is shaping up to be so far.

M.K

Level 55
If you look closely, it looks like the two main characters are wearing swimsuits under their clothing.
You can see the top of a bikini top for the girl near her neckline and the boy seems to maybe have a wetsuit on.
Regardless, this is the most interesting "3rd version(s)" that has ever been crafted. I cannot wait to see more.

EDIT: And if I played guitar, I would totally want that Scolipede-themed guitar that the new Poison-Type gym leader is holding.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
This IS really shaping up to become an awesome "middle" game.

And the protagonists look like kids of the protagonists in Black/White...
I mean, look at the male protagonist. He looks a lot like the one in Black/White.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I saw that. I'm just saying they kinda look like the protagonists in the first Black/White.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well, forget about it. It was links to music that I thought were actual music for Black/White 2.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
http://vgtribune.com/rumor-pokemon-black-and-white-2-info-leak/

The reason why I'll say no to this is for two reasons.

1). With B2W2 being the "third sets" for B&W, it's highly inprobable that they'd introduce newcomer Pokemon. Off hand, no one expected sequals, so change is also a factor. Never the less, if they did introduce new starter Pokemon, then we're looking at a Munchlax/Bonsley situation.

2). If correct, this is a corocoro scan? If that were the case, we would of known this scan to be true the day it came out, right? I wouldn't know because I'm not subscribed to the magazine Lol...

Though they both have reasonable counters, I still doubt they'd introduce new starters. However...

I would not argue with this Pokemon as the grass starter. Lol

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Asage you're waaaaaaaay behind the recent BW2 updates have completely debunked that rumor / proven those "scans" fake. Have you not seen the new Coro and footage? They're posted all over this thread. Seriously lol

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So have you guys heard??? The new Pokemon games are going to introduce a pre-evolution of SNORLAX and an evolution of TOGETIC!! HYPE!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'm going to pick the chick.

I hate both of their designs, but she's kinda perky. Something about her is just a bit more appealing

Top Bottom