• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Trainer in Subspace Emissary

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
Here's a topic that hasn't been brought up. What is PT's part in the story of the Subspace Emissary. Also, if it's a side scrolling mode, would the PT have to run along with his pokrmon and jump dodge and dive through the adventure too? How in the world did Sakurai think PT would work???:confused:

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Hmm. That's a good question. Some parts of the SSE levels go over big gaps and stuff. Well, I see two possiblilities.

1: He follows by standing on a flying pokemon or something.

2: You see him at the beginning of the level, where he stays. The pokemon fights onward, and when you switch, you see the pokeball fly offscreen and the new one fly in, but you still don't see him. Maybe you see him again at the end of the level.

I think 2 is more likely. Or maybe I'm just hoping that tacky number one doesn't happen.

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Pt's mission is kinda like Mario and Kirby's, where your fighting in one area for the whole stage. Whoop up on Primids, then a boss, then a cutscene, move on.

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Pt's mission is kinda like Mario and Kirby's, where your fighting in one area for the whole stage. Whoop up on Primids, then a boss, then a cutscene, move on.

Actually, part of Mario's story intertwines with that of Pit's in Skyworld. If You go to gametrailers.com you can find the video there. The same thing goes for Kirby. His story intertwines with that of Peach's and they are both on the Battleship Halberd. That video is also available at gametrailers.com.

:)

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
How in the world did Sakurai think PT would work???:confused:
Assuming he appears in SSE, Sakurai must have figured out a way, wouldn't you say? XD

That's the one option that hasn't come up very often (and understandably so...) - we're not sure every character is going to appear in SSE.

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
Assuming he appears in SSE, Sakurai must have figured out a way, wouldn't you say? XD

That's the one option that hasn't come up very often (and understandably so...) - we're not sure every character is going to appear in SSE.
i'll admit that's true.

but it's still fun to speculate. :)

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Wait... I'm confused about SSE. You can't just picka a character? Are there only certain ones you can play as? I'm seriously confused.

Yoshi_dude

Smash Rookie
if pt's in it he will prob er ly fly on charizard over the gaps and when enermies *** he will ditch his pokemon out and stand back

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
What if you're playing with Squirtle, for example, but the cutscene has Ccharizard? What if you change during the battle?
Will the cutscene have all the pokemons out? Like...out of nowhere? Just so there aren't "errors" like the one mentioned above?

I think that it is possible that we'd only see the pokemon trainer during the cutscenes, after all he's THE character. The pokemons just fight for him.

As for what happens during the cutscenes and who he will pair up with... I have no idea.

Risu-Zeon

Smash Rookie
My opinion on this is that the Pokemon Trainer itself will run by the Pokemon's side in the background or he won't appear at all in the SSE [but Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle will, if you understand].

During the cut scenes, I think the Pokemon you were previously using would show up. I also think that the Pokemon will be prechosen for the situation. Like on one level, Squirtle is your only choise. Then on the next, you use Ivysaur, or Charizard, [whoever is next on the Pokemon Change.]. Then during the boss battles, you can use all three Pokemon, but going back to the story line, you have the predestined Pokemon.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
who would he team up with? let's ask that. i think he should team up with dedede.
kidding. but seriously, who?

TengenToppaDrill

Smash Apprentice
Your mom's house... Calgary Alberta, Canada, Earth
My opinion on this is that the Pokemon Trainer itself will run by the Pokemon's side in the background or he won't appear at all in the SSE [but Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle will, if you understand].

During the cut scenes, I think the Pokemon you were previously using would show up. I also think that the Pokemon will be prechosen for the situation. Like on one level, Squirtle is your only choise. Then on the next, you use Ivysaur, or Charizard, [whoever is next on the Pokemon Change.]. Then during the boss battles, you can use all three Pokemon, but going back to the story line, you have the predestined Pokemon.
That just defies the free and wacky feel smash bros. has been building up for years and would just make you hate the pokemon trainer.:laugh:

Top Bottom