• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Thanks for clearing that up.

Is there any reason why Feraligatr can't learn Waterfall in Gold?
Im not sure, but he doesn't seem to be a very waterfall kind of pokemon. I never knew that actually.

For the catching thing, Imnot sure if mim just 95% lucky, but whenever I throw the pokeball, I prees B right when the pokemon is put in the pokeball, and when it stops bouncing I let go, and strangly it works more than half the time. Just thought id put it out there:)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Im not sure, but he doesn't seem to be a very waterfall kind of pokemon. I never knew that actually.

For the catching thing, Imnot sure if mim just 95% lucky, but whenever I throw the pokeball, I prees B right when the pokemon is put in the pokeball, and when it stops bouncing I let go, and strangly it works more than half the time. Just thought id put it out there:)
That's what I do!

I also rapidly click b...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
'Lo?

I...I...

I JUST WANT A DANG WEEDLE!

Srsly, why is he NOT a commonplace Pokemon???

Can anybody help me?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
'Lo?

I...I...

I JUST WANT A DANG WEEDLE!

Srsly, why is he NOT a commonplace Pokemon???

Can anybody help me?
I can get you one by tomorrow, I'll take any pokemon, you don't ever have to ask:)
Just PM your friend code and I'll do the sAme.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
My boxes are nearly filled with Pokemon, so I can offer almost any Pokemon. And if you want that Pokemon to have your OT in it's profile, I can get an egg and make it so that it's close to hatching. I also have all of the starters. So, if anyone need anything, just ask. Oh, don't ask for legendary Pokemon. I'm not trading those.
Must...have...Totodile...

My (almost) very. First. Pokemon...

Nostalgia...overloading...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Same here, but IT'S ALL IN OUR HEADS!!!
Yeah, I know...I really have that habit bad though. I'll never not do that in a Pokemon game anymore. Even today I throw a Pokeball and I konw it doesn't actually work but I just improvise every time with a different combination...in its most basic form it's Up B after I throw the ball, and then Down B while it's getting captured and holding it until it hits the ground, at which point I keep holding B and spin the control pad around. But I occasionally do one thing or another differently.

But at least I never believed that rumor that it raises your chances if you yell "GOTCHA!" into the microphone when it hits the Pokemon. I bet the person who invented that did it just to see people yelling it in public and making fools out of themselves.

jigglyppuff8 said:
Select+up+B on the title screen erases your game.
God, I'm a nerd...
It's okay, we're all nerds here. Or at least, I know I am, although I tend to use "geek" more.

And in any case, being a nerd isn't a bad thing. Nerds > all. :laugh:

WE WILL RULE THE WORLD ONE DAY! WE WILL DEFEAT EVERYONE ELSE WITH O--*cough*
...yeah.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I ussaly used the press A every time the pokeball shifts from one side to another......................................Didn't help me when cathcing regirock in saphire, cause I counted the 43 times it took to catch it(as in having to turn it off and back on).

vbdood1337

Smash Apprentice
I'm in need of an elekid or electabuzz. I don't care the level, stats, gender or moves. I'll trade pretty much anything i can. If you have a electirizer i'll trade more valuable pokemon for that (but please don't trade it over on an electabuzz!)

Feben

Smash Cadet
Ok, so I'm trying to literally catch em all, and I've got around 60-100 pokemon left.

First, here is what I'm willing to trade.
-10 Anniversary Celebi Level 70, ID no 00010, Serious Nature, Eats anything, With the moves AncientPower, Future Sight, Baton Pass, and Perish song, With all contest stats at beginning.

-Level 70 Groudon, ID no 61947, Lax Nature, Likes sour food, with the moves Fire Blast, Rest, Fissure, and SolarBeam, all contest stats at beginning

-Level 53 Kyogre, ID no 26186, Hardy Nature, Eats anything, with the moves Body SLam, Calm Mind, Ice Beam, and Hydro pump, all contest stats at beginning.

I'm looking for other legendarys too, More specifically:

Manaphy
Lugia
Zapdos
Entei
Articuno
Mew

Those are the rest of the Legendarys I need for Pokedex completion. But there is still other pokemon.
I can get every legal pokemon you want. But i don't want just some legendaries. Stats are more important.
Whether I trade them or not depends how strong your pokemon are. So, if you can tell me, by PM or something, and they are so strong i want them, you can have whatever you want.

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, not a bad idea. But there is not some kind of ability to prevent it?
Not that I can think of. And if there was, it would be an "as a threat only" kind of ability. No one would switch in a hazer against a pokemon with said ability. And switching to a pokemon with this ability would kind of be defeating the purpose of "prevention."

Suction Cups (on Cradily) does prevent phazers from canceling your boosts.

Feben

Smash Cadet
I have two questions:

-If you have a pokemon with only IV 31, trained, but not EV, is there a way you can see it has only IV 31? There are a few pokemon I would like to check. They are not mine, but as far I can see they have pretty good stats, for pokemon not EV trained very well. I mean, maybe their IV is about 29, but I don't know, so I would like to check their IV is 31 or not.

-If you want a Pokemon with only IV 31, what is the best way? If you just walk around and catch pokemon, there is 1 chance in 1.073.741.824 to catch one with everything 31. But if you have two pokemon with IV 31 and they breed, what about that? Anyone who can tell me? I've looked everywhere on the internet, but everyone says something else. Afcours I mean the legal way.

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
I have two questions:

-If you have a pokemon with only IV 31, trained, but not EV, is there a way you can see it has only IV 31? There are a few pokemon I would like to check. They are not mine, but as far I can see they have pretty good stats, for pokemon not EV trained very well. I mean, maybe their IV is about 29, but I don't know, so I would like to check their IV is 31 or not.

-If you want a Pokemon with only IV 31, what is the best way? If you just walk around and catch pokemon, there is 1 chance in 1.073.741.824 to catch one with everything 31. But if you have two pokemon with IV 31 and they breed, what about that? Anyone who can tell me? I've looked everywhere on the internet, but everyone says something else. Afcours I mean the legal way.
Go here. I know it's a lot, but I think you can skip to section 2 if you're not into all those details. It will tell you how to find the best stat of your Pokemon.

It's easier to just mass hatch eggs than catch pokemon (it's cheaper at the very least). IVs from the parents are randomly transferred to the egg. So yes, a parent with an IV value of 31 may pass it on. It's all in that link.

Feben

Smash Cadet
Okay, i've read everything. Everything I found on this site you gave me, and I think this answered all my questions. Took some time, but I was looking for a list of items as well. So, thanks :)

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Because he has? 4x ice... Almost every ice type pokemon with a good speed stat+good attack stat/sp attack can kill him in one shot.
I don't think you've ever dealt with a Garchomp before. Most of them have a Yache berry for Ice, Scarf for Speed, or a Band for instant, unrelenting power.

I have a question.

Why do people think Garchomp has counters?
Arceus makes a fine counter imo.

Feben

Smash Cadet
well, that's for regular Garchomps without any items. But if they have an item like that, you can use an item like that too... I've dealt with a Garchomp before, a strong one, but without a good item. But I killed him in one shot. Maybe i was lucky...

Arceus is a good counter indeed, but Arceus can counter almost everything. I think Jesiah was talking about standard rules, without übers.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Beautifly Stats?

So, I just caught a female wurmple, so I'm pretty sure that'll evolve into silcoon. I just have a question about it's effort yield.

Before I evolve Silcoon (if that's what it's gonna be) into Beautifly, should I keep it in Silcoons form a few levels? It has the Effort yeild of +2 defense so I don't know if it would be helpful for my Beautfily in the long run.

EDIT: I just saw things'll depend on personality not gender, but it doesn't matter anyways.

Advice?

M.K

Level 55
So, I just caught a female wurmple, so I'm pretty sure that'll evolve into silcoon. I just have a question about it's effort yield.

Before I evolve Silcoon (if that's what it's gonna be) into Beautifly, should I keep it in Silcoons form a few levels? It has the Effort yeild of +2 defense so I don't know if it would be helpful for my Beautfily in the long run.

EDIT: I just saw things'll depend on personality not gender, but it doesn't matter anyways.

Advice?
Uhm, you don't get the Effort Points when YOUR Pokemon IS the Pokemon. You get 2 Defense EV's for BATTLING Silcoon's.
Go ahead and evolve it.

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Arceus is a good counter indeed, but Arceus can counter almost everything. I think Jesiah was talking about standard rules, without übers.
I know...I was joking...

Advice?
The effort point yield refers to how many EVs you get for fainting it in the wild. It doesn't change how many EVs Silcoon receives for a KO.

The only real reason an evolution should be delayed is the moves. Otherwise, all stats are recalculated after the evolution, and all EVs remain the same.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Uhm, you don't get the Effort Points when YOUR Pokemon IS the Pokemon. You get 2 Defense EV's for BATTLING Silcoon's.
Go ahead and evolve it.
Alright, sorry about that. I was reading up on this stuff and I kinda misunderstood bulbapedia.

Thanks a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom