• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
What moves does Magic Coat work on? Does its effect include reflecting S-rocks/Spikes/Toxic Spikes? Or is it limited to direct status inflictions such as Confuse Ray/Leech Seed/etc?

shadydentist

Smash Lord
If my party isn't EV trained or nature matched to their party role, how far behind are they against one that is? Is the difference in power level insurmountable?
Nothing is insurmountable, but you will be at a significant disadvantage. At level 100, total EVs amount to a difference in stats of 127 total, and natures make a difference of 10 percent in the stat that its boosting/reducing. If you really care about winning, EV training and breeding for natures is something you should probably look into.

@ the magic coat question, I'm not 100% certain but I always thought it only applied to moves like confuse ray, will o wisp, attract, etc. and not to stealth rocks or spikes.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
OMG Kenji just passed Wii4Mii in posts! :crazy:

Q: What is a good set for Ludicolo? I'm thinking of this:

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Calm/Rain Dish
252 HP/192 Sp Def/64 Sp Atk
~Surf
~Toxic
~Protect
~Energy Ball/Ice Beam/HP [Ground]
Comes in during rain, poisons opponent. Protect scores me a free toxic hit and lefties recovery AND rain dish recovery. Surf for main STAB attack and last move is filler.

-Terywj...ou<Keyboard not connected. Press F1 to continue.>
Well I haven't got any good EV or nature suggestions but I have a good moveset for ludicolo:

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Calm
212HP/138 Def/120 sp. def/40 sp.atk
Rain Dish
~Leech Seed
~Rain Dance
~Toxic/Protect/Substitute
~Surf/HP Fire/Ice Beam

Well, the Strategy behind this set is to Leech, Rain Dance, and Toxic for health sapping from the opponent while lefties, rain dish. and leech seed heal Ludicolo 3 times consecutively. Protect or sub if you don't like toxic. Surf for STAB but I'd go with HP Fire or Ice Beam to beat Roserade and other grass/poison types who are completely resistant to the statuses of this set. The EVs and nature are what I had thought off the top of my head. Feel free to change them.

Hope I helped.

~jpp8

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well I haven't got any good EV or nature suggestions but I have a good moveset for ludicolo:

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Calm
212HP/138 Def/120 sp. def/40 sp.atk
Rain Dish
~Leech Seed
~Rain Dance
~Toxic/Protect/Substitute
~Surf/HP Fire/Ice Beam

Well, the Strategy behind this set is to Leech, Rain Dance, and Toxic for health sapping from the opponent while lefties, rain dish. and leech seed heal Ludicolo 3 times consecutively. Protect or sub if you don't like toxic. Surf for STAB but I'd go with HP Fire or Ice Beam to beat Roserade and other grass/poison types who are completely resistant to the statuses of this set. The EVs and nature are what I had thought off the top of my head. Feel free to change them.

Hope I helped.

~jpp8
Thanks.

Can anyone help me on my Shoddy problem?

MetaKnightmare

Smash Journeyman
Haunting your dreams, looking for cookies
I'm having a problem with Shoddy.

After registering my account "-Terywj-", I went on some battles. Then I went back today to log on...and it said my account does not exist. What is up with that?? It happened to me once before too...
I think that u need to register your name on each server... I tried on other servers and it said no to my name...

Micahc

Smash Ace
Mightyena @Choice Band
Jolly Nature
EVs:252attk/252spd/4hp

Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Sucker Punch
I would personally go take down over fire fang on Mightyena. Fire fangs not going to be doing much to Steelix, who's mainly going to be walling you, and Take down will be hitting harder.

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
Who has an fully evd att Electivire with good attacks, pm me for further information.

I have a totodile

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hey dudes!

Q: What would be a good moveset for a choice-banded rayquayza?
Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Jolly/Air Lock
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
~Outrage
~Brick Break
~Extremespeed/Rock Slide/Crunch
Outrage is the main attack. Brick Break is for pesky Steel types that resist Outrage. The last two moves are up to you.

-Terywj...ou <Keyboard not connected. Press F1 to continue.>

ss118

Smash Master
Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Jolly/Air Lock
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
~Outrage
~Brick Break
Outrage is the main attack. Brick Break is for pesky Steel types that resist Outrage. The last two moves are up to you.

Overheat should be considered just to hit steels such as Metagross, who is very commonly used as a Rayquaza counter. Brick break won't cut it in ubers. I would personally use:

Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Air Lock: Hasty
252 Attack, 216 Speed, 40 Special Attack
Outrage
Shadow Claw
Earthquake
Overheat
Simply put, a physical powerhouse: nothing has as much immediant physical prowness as this: not even CB Deoxys A! Outrage is for primary STAB, and will eliminate those who don't resist it(and some who do!). Earthquake and Overheat will take care of those who do resist it: Steel Types. Shadow Claw over Crunch just for the higher chance of a CH to score the 2HKO on MAX Defense Giratina.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Overheat should be considered just to hit steels such as Metagross, who is very commonly used as a Rayquaza counter. Brick break won't cut it in ubers. I would personally use:

Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Air Lock: Hasty
252 Attack, 216 Speed, 40 Special Attack
Outrage
Shadow Claw
Earthquake
Overheat
Simply put, a physical powerhouse: nothing has as much immediant physical prowness as this: not even CB Deoxys A! Outrage is for primary STAB, and will eliminate those who don't resist it(and some who do!). Earthquake and Overheat will take care of those who do resist it: Steel Types. Shadow Claw over Crunch just for the higher chance of a CH to score the 2HKO on MAX Defense Giratina.
I agree, but Rayquaza has no physical Fire type attacks to dispose Gross/Zong/Skarm.

I personally prefer DDQuaza.
Naive/Air Lock
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Sp Atk
~Dragon Dance
~Dragon Claw
~Earthquake
~Overheat

I guess a SpecsQuaza could work too...

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
The description of the hold item "Metronome" says that it powers up attacks that are used repeatedly. Does it power up by a set amount every time you use the attack or...how exactly does it work?

And one more thing, would its "repeated use" effect apply to moves such as comet punch that can hit 2 - 5 times in one turn?

Personman111

Smash Rookie
Who has an fully evd att Electivire with good attacks, pm me for further information.

I have a totodile
I doubt I can give you anything that you really want. My obtained count is only in the 200's. I'm willing to trade my Lucario, Aron, Dusknoir, Metagross or Scizor if you want?

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
*Bumps*
'Cmon, it's been two days now (I'm feeling impatient). I could use an answer for this.

The description of the hold item "Metronome" says that it powers up attacks that are used repeatedly. Does it power up by a set amount every time you use the attack or...how exactly does it work?

And one more thing, would its "repeated use" effect apply to moves such as comet punch that can hit 2 - 5 times in one turn?
Plus, could anyone give me a link to an up-to-date tier list?

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
Someone has a Electivire, Adamant nature and Earthquake, Cross Chop, Thunderpunch and Icepunch?

I doubt I can give you anything that you really want. My obtained count is only in the 200's. I'm willing to trade my Lucario, Aron, Dusknoir, Metagross or Scizor if you want?
The Dusknoir will do.

ss118

Smash Master
I know Metronome increases your attack by 1.1 after every continual use of that attack, so lets say if you used rollout after a Defense Roll while holding a Metronome:

1st= 20 x 2= 40
2nd= 40 x 2 x 1.1= 88
3rd= 80 x 2 x 1.2= 192
4th= 160 x 2 x 1.3= 416
5th= 320 x 2 x 1.4= 896(Holy sh11111t!)

I use that item on Togekiss cause, once you Air Slash, you don't stop for a while.

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
I know Metronome increases your attack by 1.1 after every continual use of that attack, so lets say if you used rollout after a Defense Roll while holding a Metronome:

1st= 20 x 2= 40
2nd= 40 x 2 x 1.1= 88
3rd= 80 x 2 x 1.2= 192
4th= 160 x 2 x 1.3= 416

I use that item on Togekiss cause, once you Air Slash, you don't stop for a while.
Thanks for the explanation. Does the item also apply to multi-hit moves like Double Hit and Comet Punch? Because if you could pump up the Metronome counter by at least twice the normal rate, that would be pretty cool.

Micahc

Smash Ace
*Bumps*
'Cmon, it's been two days now (I'm feeling impatient). I could use an answer for this.

Plus, could anyone give me a link to an up-to-date tier list?
So far there's no such thing as an up to date tier list. The last one came out months ago IIRC.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I'm using a cleric grass type and I have come down to Celebi and Shaymin. I need help on deciding which to use.

Celebi
Bold
252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd

Psychic
Recover
Heal Bell
Leech Seed

The old FR/LG/E/R/S standard that could still work.

Pros: STAB psychic, versatile enough that the opponent wouldn't know what set I'm using when it is first brought in.
Cons: Pursuit weak, More weaknesses than Shaymin, I would probably have to Pokesav it.

Shaymin
Bold
252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd

Psychic
Aromatherapy
Synthesis
Leech Seed

Essentially the same thing as the Celebi above.

Pros: Less weaknesses than Celebi, I would only have to hack the event (not the poke itself) which makes it more "legit" IMO, Not pursuit weak
Cons: Not versatile at all (Shaymin has a horrible movepool, thus the opponent knows exactly what they're dealing with when I bring it in), Psychic is not STAB'ed

So help me out, which do you think is better.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I know Celebi is far and away the better poke, but in this instance, they are doing almost the exact same thing. It really boils down to whether I want STAB psychic so that it can actually hurt things, or less weaknesses.

Tery says Celebi, which is probably the right choice, but I'm still not sure. Anyone else?

Edit: I just remembered that Recover has alot more PP than Synthesis, so I think Celebi is the right choice.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
While you guys answer Whiterob's question, here's mine:

Q:Is this a good set for Armaldo?

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Impish/Battle Armor
252 HP/192 Def/66 Atk
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Stone Edge
~X-Scissor/Earthquake
I'm really unsure about this guy. I don't want him as a sweeper because his speed stat is horrible...
He sort-of provides defensive support...I could add Knock Off in there if necessary...SR is an option too...

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I really hate spamming this, but I think this could lead to an interesting combo. My original question asked about how the item "Metronome" worked. ss118 gave a pretty good answer.

1st= 20 x 2= 40
2nd= 40 x 2 x 1.1= 88
3rd= 80 x 2 x 1.2= 192
4th= 160 x 2 x 1.3= 416
Part II:

Q: Does the Metronome counter increase for multi-hit attacks like Double Hit and Comet Punch? And does the counter reset if the attack misses?

So imagine holding a Metronome and scoring all five hits from a Fury Swipes attack. Would the damage counter be pumped up .4 from just one turn? My thoughts are if the multiplier increases by .1 every time the attack hits, even something like Comet Punch could get very powerful, very fast. And I think there are abilities that ensure all five attacks hit (Skill Link, right?).

ss118

Smash Master
I don't think it would work like that, but it would be very intresting on an Icicle Spearing Cloyster(Skill Link, of course).

TSK

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure that if the unevolved form is not significantly different than the evolved form then it is considered to be in the same tier as the evolved form.
So, those pokes would be banned in UU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom