• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Yo. I'm looking for a couple trades.

A female Eevee,
A male Nuzleaf that knows Extrasensory,
A trade/tradeback to evolve my Haunter,
A trade/tradeback to evolve my Kadabra.

Anyone?

Eagle

Smash Lord
Is it true that if you put a shiny ditto in with a pokemon and breed, it has a better chance of hatching out a shiny pokemon?

tshahi10

Smash Ace
Is it true that if you put a shiny ditto in with a pokemon and breed, it has a better chance of hatching out a shiny pokemon?
why wouldn't you just Clone it??

it won't have a better chance at all.

my question?

my ou team consists of
Gyarados standard dd
garchomp jolly CS
Metagross cb
weavile standard
starmie rapid spcial sweeper
------------------

I need a wall as my sixth pokemon, what should i use. I'm not very good with defensice pokemon, so my battles teend to be really fast, even at a competitive level. i don't even know if i want a defensive or special defensive tank/wall. please suggest a wall that relates well with te above pokemon, although they themselves don't have a ny team synergy. i just chucked a bunch of OU pokemo n in their

tshahi10

Smash Ace
Might as well just go with everyone's favorite \/\/|-|0r3, Blissey.

And having only one wall isn't going to do you any good...
how w msny walls/tanks do you need in a team.

should i drop metagross for dusknoir and add blissey

asob4

Smash Champion
i need a spiritomb with wonderguard
yes i know it's like uber cheats but i need to teach a guy a lesson, all his pokes are 31 in all IV's and have 252 EVs in EACH stat

tshahi10

Smash Ace
wonder guard spiritomb can be countered by status, with out safeguard. or roar + roxicspikes.

pm me if you have an ev'd/ ived up pokemon that you don't need anymore.

I'll give you any of the following
hooh
lugia
celebi
mew
438 modest kyogre
all holding lucky egg or rarcandy, or anything i can clone on emerald

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't matter that it can be countered, give it something like Recover or such. Can someone give me lvl 50 Spiritomb with Wonderguard and Recover?

Square-enix

Smash Cadet
Guys...
Spiritomb as it was said, can be destroyed...so in order to make it invincible, baton pass it with an spd boost, and sp atk boost, as well as substitute....
If you can make a baton pass chain to a spiritomb, you can make a beast pokemon....
(Also try slaking with Pure Power)

Though its illegal playing by all means - hacking its cheat, so using the poke too...

asob4

Smash Champion
haha
slaking + speed boost + protect = pwnage
ninjask makes wonderguard tomb evil
anyone have one?

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
wonder guard tomb can be beaten by fire fang. me and my friends have tested this out and it is true. if u dont believe me try it 4 yourself.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Gengar@Wide Lens
Jolly 252/252/4 pure sp.sweeper
Shadow Ball
ThunderBolt
Focus Blast
Hypnosis

I used an IV calculator and learned that my Gengar can use a 69BA Water HP. I was pretty surprised and I was wondering if I should replace any of my current attacks with HP. If so, what attack should I replace?

Also, I've seen a lot of Gengars with Sludge Bomb and not Shadow Ball. They're both good STAB moves, but Shadow Ball covers two types, including one of Gengar's weaknesses. Sludge Bomb only covers one type, Grass. Shadow Ball is ineffective against 2 types and is useless against Normal. Sludge Bomb is ineffective against 4 types and is useless against Steel. In the end, Shadow Ball outweighs Sludge Bomb. I'm wondering why players do this.

If I could get a good combination of the following moves, I'm willing to give it a try. Include any ideas you may have.
Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb/HP(w)/Tbolt/Focus Blast/Hypnosis

I'm considering the potential of a CSpecs Gengar by using: shdw/sldg/HP(w)/Tbolt
Thoughts on this set?

asob4

Smash Champion
fire fang won't hit, it's not super effective, nothing is
that's the point of wonderguard tomb
only thing that can beat him is status and a simple sub can prevent that

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
haven't u ever heard of glitches. like i said in my previous post try it. also i know of a few other ways to gimp wonder guard tomb reguardless of the sub.

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'm kinda confused over this. I keep reading everywhere that people don't wanna release pokemon. What's the bid deal with releasing them?
There isn't really any big deal, some people just get a bit sentimental. Although, if you have space and are willing to organize properly, holding on to stuff can be useful for future breeding.

Gengar@Wide Lens
Jolly 252/252/4 pure sp.sweeper
Shadow Ball
ThunderBolt
Focus Blast
Hypnosis

I used an IV calculator and learned that my Gengar can use a 69BA Water HP. I was pretty surprised and I was wondering if I should replace any of my current attacks with HP. If so, what attack should I replace?

Also, I've seen a lot of Gengars with Sludge Bomb and not Shadow Ball. They're both good STAB moves, but Shadow Ball covers two types, including one of Gengar's weaknesses. Sludge Bomb only covers one type, Grass. Shadow Ball is ineffective against 2 types and is useless against Normal. Sludge Bomb is ineffective against 4 types and is useless against Steel. In the end, Shadow Ball outweighs Sludge Bomb. I'm wondering why players do this.

If I could get a good combination of the following moves, I'm willing to give it a try. Include any ideas you may have.
Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb/HP(w)/Tbolt/Focus Blast/Hypnosis

I'm considering the potential of a CSpecs Gengar by using: shdw/sldg/HP(w)/Tbolt
Thoughts on this set?
Sludge Bomb is a bit more powerful (by 10 base I think), so the only reason it would be on a set is for blunt power.

Kenji's right, keep what you have. It's a very good set, and HP water has meh coverage.

Square-enix

Smash Cadet
No matter the point of ninjask with wonderguard - still has weakness...

For a reason there's is armaldo, and golem...even tyranitar kills it

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
We're talking about Spiritomb with Wonder Guard.
Could someone with AR give me a :
Spiritomb with Wonder Guard
Psychic, Shadow Ball, Giga Impact, Substitute
Quiet nature. lvl (under 90)

Thank you.
Don't ask me what I want to do with this, just wanna have it.

Square-enix

Smash Cadet
We're talking about Spiritomb with Wonder Guard.
Not really...the whole thread is about trading, not talking if a poke is super invincible or not

Could someone with AR give me a :
Spiritomb with Wonder Guard
Psychic, Shadow Ball, Giga Impact, Substitute
Quiet nature. lvl (under 90)

Thank you.
Don't ask me what I want to do with this, just wanna have it.
Thats weird...

AKZuM

Smash Rookie
im trying to get rid of all my legedaries from emerald. anyone want to trade for them????

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
How do you breed? I know it's simple, but I don't know how you do it.
First, you need to have access to the DayCare Center. Simply deposit two pokemon into the daycare. The only requirements:

A) Pokemon must be opposing genders unless you're using the manwhore ditto. In fact, certain genderless Pokemon (like Metagross) can only breed with ditto.

B) The pokemon must be in the same egg group. This is just another classification of each pokemon. You can find a pokemon's egg type in any pokedex (excluding the actual in-game one).

Once you've stuck them in the center, waste time riding your bike until the guy outside the daycare center moves from his spot. He'll give you the egg. Also, before he has an egg ready, he'll tell you how likely it is that an egg will be made.

EDIT: huh...200 posts, and it only took me 16 months.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I'm not sure how to ask this question, so I'll just make an example (I already retyped this first sentence like 30 times)...

EX: I trained my Mew (because his name is short) to Lv99 with the EVs, 252sp.atk 252spd 6hp. At Lv99, I use berries to reset all my sp.atk and spd EVs to zero. Then I retrain my Mew on low leveled pokemon for 252def and 252 sp.def EVs. When I finish that and level up to 100, what will happen to my stat gain?

I have a Mew from the Toys R Us event with a Modest nature, Lv98 with 252spd, 252sp.atk, 6hp EVs. I was wondering on trying the above method to get very good all-around stats. My current moveset is undecided. Serebii.net has a good guide for Mew, but I want to know what the best moveset would be in the OU and Uber environment together. I was planning on...

Mew@ChoiceSpecs
Modest/Synchronize
252sp.atk 252spd 6hp
-Dark Pulse
-Grass Knot
-Aura Sphere
-Ancientpower/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam

TSK

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure how to ask this question, so I'll just make an example (I already retyped this first sentence like 30 times)...

EX: I trained my Mew (because his name is short) to Lv99 with the EVs, 252sp.atk 252spd 6hp. At Lv99, I use berries to reset all my sp.atk and spd EVs to zero. Then I retrain my Mew on low leveled pokemon for 252def and 252 sp.def EVs. When I finish that and level up to 100, what will happen to my stat gain?
When you reduce the EVs of a stat to 0, the stat's value will reduce to what it should be at 0 EVs. Then when you EV train other stats those values will go up accordingly. Lol sorry but you can't cheat around the 510 EV limit otherwise everyone would do this.
As for the moveset, I can't really help there as I don't really play Ubers :\

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
So, when I level up, it's actually possible to see my stats drop points? I've never seen anything less than +0 before.
I think they drop as you give Mew the berries. Whenever I feed something Iron or whatever, the corresponding stat rises without leveling it up. I'd assume its the same for the subtraction of EVs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom