• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I need some pokemanz. I need the Kanto starters except charmander, Kingdra, Bold Nature Blissey with Seismic Toss, the elemental dogs, Celebi, Rash nature Deoxys, manaphy, darkrai. shaymin, arceus.

I also need somebody to help me evolve some of my pokemon(like making my porygon become porygon2, etc.) and I will need the items that evolve electabuzz and magmar. I would like these pokemon back too. Thanks.

Square-enix

Smash Cadet
I need some pokemanz. I need the Kanto starters except charmander, Kingdra, Bold Nature Blissey with Seismic Toss, the elemental dogs, Celebi, Rash nature Deoxys, manaphy, darkrai. shaymin, arceus.

I also need somebody to help me evolve some of my pokemon(like making my porygon become porygon2, etc.) and I will need the items that evolve electabuzz and magmar. I would like these pokemon back too. Thanks.
I can provide you with almost all excepting the blissey... Just PM me and get ready to trade.

KingBulbinX

Smash Apprentice
anyone got a darkrai or shaymin? i got lvl 1 UT pokemon with egg moves! i have 12 UT lvl 1 duskulls with pain split, 6 UT lvl 1 chimchars, 3 with blaze,double kick,and bulk up,and the other three with flamethrower.

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
looking for the following pokes:
-adamant maril with pure power
-adamant regigigas
-jolly/timid smeargle with 252 evs in speed
-mild/rash typhlosion
-impish hippowdon
-impish cloyster
-any arceus
-the item thick club

i have almost every poke
hit me up if you are interested in a trade

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
I went to the wi-fi battle room in the battle tower, and started fighting this one room, but it seemed like every team was Raikou, Heatran, Empoleon in different orders. This ever happen to anyone else?

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
In the wifi Battle Tower, that has also happened to me before, except the teams were only the final stage starter pokemon. I got wrecked by a Rain Dance team in the 5th battle though, they screwed over my Sandstorm XD.

Canalave City. The guy is one house south of the pokemon center. If you forget where Canalave City is, it's the western-most city in the map.

Personally, I use these pokemon so I never have to worry about HMs.

Bibarel
-Surf
-Strength
-Rock Climb
-Waterfall

Skarmory
-Cut
-Fly
-Defog
-Rock Smash

tshahi10

Smash Ace
maybe a guy kept on battling the same room with his friend.
the battle tower is actually easy if you noobify it. ah well, those timid latios souldewers will get you if you dont prepare.

some thing weird happened to my as well. i will explain in battle sequence

he sends gengar
i send starmie

i switch for vire
he uses tbolt

i use thunderpunch
he switches to tangrowth wtf and it does almost no damge(howd he know my move)

i use ice punch
he switch to weavile(again, howd he know)

weavile use iceshard critical hit(proba had cb too)
vire fainted

i send garchomp. choicescarf EQ
he switch gengar (wtf)

i switch starmie
he use thunderbolt(it doesnt even affect garchomp. howd he know my switch)

i use psychic
he switches to weavile(hating this guy by now)

i try to swtich out starmie
pursuit by weavile

garchomp sent out and use outrage
*kills weavile, kills gengar*

tangrowth comes out and powerwhips until death

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
^ Ouch...that's gotta hurt...

Q: What are the odds of catching a Cresselia on the first try with full HP only paralyzed...and then later finding out it has a Calm nature??

espio87

Smash Ace
Q: my friend says rare candies don't make Pokemons status grow as much as they do when they level up normally, I say they do. who is right?
note: I'm talking about Pokemon yellow. maybe they changed how rare candies work, so I told you the version of the game.

espio87

Smash Ace
Your friend is right... to an extent. Theres a thread in the Rating Room that explains why a pokemon raised entirely on rare candies will have inferior stats to a pokemon with actual battle experience. Look for the section on EVs.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=116651

This mechanic has been around since RBY.
thanks.
also another question: which is better? to give all the hp up, calcium, etc. to the pokemon on an early level or at level 100?

tshahi10

Smash Ace
^ Ouch...that's gotta hurt...

Q: What are the odds of catching a Cresselia on the first try with full HP only paralyzed...and then later finding out it has a Calm nature??
slim
lets see...

calm nature

1/25= 4%

full hp and paralyzed= 0% really. paralyze improves catch rate by 5 in the formula
4 is you use duskball
catch rate is 3 (low)

well if you want to calculate exactly

Catch = PokeballEffect (((( 4 * Max HP - 2 * HP ) * Catch Rate ) / Max HP ) + Status + 1 ) / 256 (from serebii)

Catch = 4 (((( 4 * Max HP - 2 * HP ) * 3 ) / Max HP ) + 5 + 1 ) / 256

thanks.
also another question: which is better? to give all the hp up, calcium, etc. to the pokemon on an early level or at level 100?
doesnt matter, same evs are distributed, but battle experience evs that you got while you levelled your pokemon to 100(w/o rc) may be a factor.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
slim
lets see...

calm nature

1/25= 4%

full hp and paralyzed= 0% really. paralyze improves catch rate by 5 in the formula
4 is you use duskball
catch rate is 3 (low)

well if you want to calculate exactly

Catch = PokeballEffect (((( 4 * Max HP - 2 * HP ) * Catch Rate ) / Max HP ) + Status + 1 ) / 256 (from serebii)

Catch = 4 (((( 4 * Max HP - 2 * HP ) * 3 ) / Max HP ) + 5 + 1 ) / 256
Holy crap I got lucky. :)

teh taco man

Smash Rookie
I'm looking for a Kings Rock in Pokemon

Friend Code:1933-7138-0971
Name:Art
If anyone has any extra one laying around, please help.
Tell me what you want for it.
Thanks

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
No, mew can only be obtained legitimately by going to the nintendo events. The events are over, so the only way to get mew now is by trading via wi-fi(diamond and pearl) or hacking.

On a similar note, how do I get legendaries on pokemon trozei? Do I just visit Mr. Who's den and hope I get lucky?

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
I was looking online at Smogon, and I saw they didn't have Phione on the tier list there. Anyone know what tier it is? Yeah, I'm thinking about using the Hydration/Rest thing as a wall in lower tier play.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Phione and Dewgong have similar stats and abilities and Phione's movepool and stats aren't very impresive so I would say somewhere around UU and BL. But that's my opinion.

I have another question: Sticky plz?

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Yeah that's what I was thinking.... I just kinda like Phione, so I thought maybe I'd use it as part of a new team; wanted to get some kind of consensus on it. We need to start a petition in the pokecenter to get Terywj or W4M as a mod they'd be on top of stuff like this all the time. Chill is just too busy.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I can offer anyone a Modest Mewtwo untouched with the following attacks:

-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Recover
-Swift

Just post here if you have an offer. Don't PM me please.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I can offer anyone a Modest Mewtwo untouched with the following attacks:

-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Recover
-Swift

Just post here if you have an offer. Don't PM me please.
I can offer you a Naive Deoxys, untouched, or I could give you a Celebi from 10th anniversary. I could also give you a Mew from that Toys R' Us thing a few years ago. If you would like any one of them for that Mewtwo, PM me.

Kips

Smash Ace
Sorry if this has been asked before but if Slaking uses Giga Impact, would he be stalled two turns or would Truant and the recovery turn both take place at the same time, making Giga Impact actually useful on him?

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has been asked before but if Slaking uses Giga Impact, would he be stalled two turns or would Truant and the recovery turn both take place at the same time, making Giga Impact actually useful on him?
It's just a 1-turn lag. Giga Impact is more useful than Return IMO. It gets about 50 more base attack points (75 with STAB, and even more depending on the item). If you don't resist/have a crazy high defense, a max attack Slaking will OHKO you. And Slaking isn't exactly slow.

The only advantage Return grants is the option to swap on the turn you lag. And a little more accuracy sprinkled on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom