• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-major

Smash Champion
I'm looking for a Female Pokemon with a Jolly nature, that would be able to mate with a Cubone. EV's and IV's don't matter, as I don't know much about that stuff yet. make an offer and I'll see what I can do.

... also, if you have an extra Thick Club to trade with it, that would be nice! :D

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
Okay, can someone just clear this up for me?

I can only get a Pokemon via the GTS, if I have seen it?
If I have seen it online with other people, during battle, can I acquire the Pokemon then?
No, seeing it online with other people doesn't count. You have to have seen it within your own game. So yes, you can only get a pokemon via GTS if you've already seen it during in-game battles.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Okay, can someone just clear this up for me?

I can only get a Pokemon via the GTS, if I have seen it?
If I have seen it online with other people, during battle, can I acquire the Pokemon then?
There's a Q&A thread...

But to answer your question. The Pokemon you can request must have already been seen.
WiFi matches do not count.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Anyone have a cascoon (I need it as my cousin is giving me a slaking for it as it's the last pokemon he need to complete his sinnoh dex)

congrats on 2000 posts terywj :)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
would anyone happen to Raikou Suicune or Entei. I can trade Manaphys, Phiones, Giratina, Heatran, Dialga, Palkia, 4th gen starters, and most any 4th gen hatchable pokemon. All are legit

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Well you could consider this a bump(as much as I hate doing it). I think this tread needs to come back due to all the questions from people turning into threads.

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Can someone tell me what the exact odds are of encountering a shiny? I'm not quite sure where to look for that figure. I just restarted Diamond, and the very first battle was against a shiny Starly. You know, the ONE wild encounter where you can't capture pokemon... I'm wondering how unlucky that is.

I don't have a good answer to JP8's question, but I don't want to bury it (and I'd kinda like to hear an answer for it myself).
What would be the 3rd gen equivalent of Specs-Mence?

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
Can someone tell me what the exact odds are of encountering a shiny? I'm not quite sure where to look for that figure. I just restarted Diamond, and the very first battle was against a shiny Starly. You know, the ONE wild encounter where you can't capture pokemon... I'm wondering how unlucky that is.

I don't have a good answer to JP8's question, but I don't want to bury it (and I'd kinda like to hear an answer for it myself).
Aw ****. That must really suck! It reminds of the time that I encountered a shiny Marrill in Emerald, but then my battery died. The actual probability of getting a shiny is 1/8192, so the odds are that you'll never see one again, unless you're super super super super super lucky.

sonofthesky

Smash Journeyman
Aw ****. That must really suck! It reminds of the time that I encountered a shiny Marrill in Emerald, but then my battery died. The actual probability of getting a shiny is 1/8192, so the odds are that you'll never see one again, unless you're super super super super super lucky.
*shoves picture of my legimite Tentacool, zigzagoon, nidoran male, and onix in your face*

There not hard to obtain. Im just lucky.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
my pokemon silver wont save (I just got it). Yes it's used. Could someone explain this and possibly tell me a way to fix it.
The internal battery of gold and silver games, the thing allowing it to save, only lasts 7 years. After that, your game will be unable to save and all save files will be erased. You can ask nintendo about this problem...
or you play a ROM of the game on your computer using an emulator.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Dosent that cause a curropted file? Cause in my game I save it and everything is fine but when I turn it off and then on the file wont be there all thats there is new game and options.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Dosent that cause a curropted file? Cause in my game I save it and everything is fine but when I turn it off and then on the file wont be there all thats there is new game and options.
That's not quite what I meant. I meant that the game can't save save. As in turning it off and expecting the save file to be there when you turn it on again.

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Stupid 7 year battery life. I just checked my 2nd Gen games, and they're all dead. (Time for a remake!)

Do the 3rd Gen game cartridges have a similar death clock ticking down on their battery life? Or is the battery life at least extended by...a lot, lol.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Stupid 7 year battery life. I just checked my 2nd Gen games, and they're all dead. (Time for a remake!)

Do the 3rd Gen game cartridges have a similar death clock ticking down on their battery life? Or is the battery life at least extended by...a lot, lol.
I just put in a new battery in both my gold and silver (the file gets deleted, if it hasnt already).

As for your question, im not sure (I hope it lasts a LONG time).

sonofthesky

Smash Journeyman
Lulz. My crystal still stands strong.

Does anyone know how much damage a flinged soul dew does?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Ditto. If not that then make sure your cyndaquil/quilava/typhlosion are female, if they are the hatched pokemon will always be cyndaquil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom