• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

c3gill

Smash Ace
What 2 moves would work best on a Kingdra, with Waterfall and Dragon Dance- Draco Meter, Outrage, Hydro Pump or Yawn?
drop dragon dance- it doesnt make kingdra fast enough. If you want the speed and power, use it after a teammate has used Rain Dance. Generally the best Kingdra is the wall-breaker, so run Waterfall / Surf / Ice Beam / (some Dragon move).

If you want to power up Kingdra, DONT use Dragon Dance, use Rain Dance! The boost to speed and power is better than a single DD can offer.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Personally I prefer Outrage...

How about a Double Dancer with Rain Dance to power up the Waterfall...?
What he said. It's mega sexy.

EDIT: c3's idea is good too. However, if you do that then I advise using the Mixed Rain Dance set on Smogon, or something along those lines. If you want to find it quickly, it's the third set from the bottom, right above Rain Dance (special) and right below Dragon Dance (Ubers). It seems pretty legit.

aceofdiamonds825

Smash Apprentice
Ok so in my pokemon leaf green game i tried releasing this sharpedo but after it disappeared it suddenly came back and i can't get rid of it now. Does this happen normally and why does it happen? Thanks in advance!

c3gill

Smash Ace
Ok so in my pokemon leaf green game i tried releasing this sharpedo but after it disappeared it suddenly came back and i can't get rid of it now. Does this happen normally and why does it happen? Thanks in advance!
You are destined to have a Sharpedo. I suggest rebreeding and EV training that hoe, and give it a choice Item- run the mixed sweeper set.

That Sharpedo has chosen you, not the other way around. Keep it, for it will serve you well.

aceofdiamonds825

Smash Apprentice
You are destined to have a Sharpedo. I suggest rebreeding and EV training that hoe, and give it a choice Item- run the mixed sweeper set.

That Sharpedo has chosen you, not the other way around. Keep it, for it will serve you well.
Haha thanks actually thats good advice i've been thinking about starting a new team anyways xD

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
so i heard you can breed 2 different types of pokemon. i dont have diamond or pearl. the one i have is sapphire. ive tried before and it dont work so someone tell me what im doing wrong or if thats diamond or pearl?

WouW

Smash Lord
-The two pokés must be of different genders (duh)
-The two pokés must be in the same Egg Group (search on Serebii or whatever what egg group your pokés are)
-No Lati@s

Breeding works the same in every game. Your pokés most likely weren't in the same Egg Group.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I removed the "(ASK ALL POKEMON RELATED QUESTIONS HERE)" in the title because, all Pokemon -elated questions? In the Poke Center? What other sort of questions would one ask in here? It just seemed like it wasn't needed.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Why is Weezing UU? It essentially has no weakness, and learns Will-o-Wisp, Haze, and Pain Split.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone happen to have an extra shiny Deoxys just lying around they don't need...

Always wanted one...

Edit: AH! Everytime I see a Shiny Deoxys on the GTS, and I happen to have the pokemon to trade...I get an error and it resets my game!

I'll trade a LEGAL Shaymin for it...

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Why is Weezing UU? It essentially has no weakness, and learns Will-o-Wisp, Haze, and Pain Split.
Because Psychic usually OHKO's it. Well, depends on who uses Psychic or another Psychic-type move.

I understand your view because of Levitate, but Psychics own Weezing!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Azelf and Cresselia are the only Pokemon that commonly carry Psychic in OU (according to June's statistics). Azelf usually Explodes after setting up SR, and Cresselia would rather have Ice Beam for coverage.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Well, since we're being specific here, maybe a Pokemon EV'd MAX for Sp. ATK and built to be a sweeper would probably OHKO a Weezing with a Psychic-move at or above BA 90.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Well, sure, that would be a OHKO. But Cresselia is OHKOd by a Crunch from a Pokemon with base 200 Atk and max EVs.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Weezing is slow and has mediocre attacking stats. Despite having access to Flamethrower/Fire Blast, Thunderbolt/Thunder, and Hidden Power Ice, it won't really do severe damage to things, except for 4x weaknesses and such. Heatran, an extremely common Pokemon, is like, the best switch-in to Weezing ever. And not only Psychic types, but Weezing has a weakness to Special Attacks in general. Haze is normally considered worse than Roar/Whirlwind I believe, but it still gets the job done.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
When you use a move like Iron Defense, Swords Dance, Roar... boosting moves, how much does one stage equal to? And two stages IS twice that, right?

BTW, let's say you have 236 Defense, Attack, or whatever else as an example.

WouW

Smash Lord
Stage -6: 0.25
Stage -5: 0.29
Stage -4: 0.33
Stage -3: 0.4
Stage -2: 0.5
Stage -1: 0.67
Stage 0: 1
Stage 1: 1.5
Stage 2: 2
Stage 3: 2.5
Stage 4: 3
Stage 5: 3.5
Stage 6: 4

so for a 236 stat:
+1 = 236*1.5=354
+2 = 236*2=472

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Stage -6: 0.25
Stage -5: 0.29
Stage -4: 0.33
Stage -3: 0.4
Stage -2: 0.5
Stage -1: 0.67
Stage 0: 1
Stage 1: 1.5
Stage 2: 2
Stage 3: 2.5
Stage 4: 3
Stage 5: 3.5
Stage 6: 4

so for a 236 stat:
+1 = 236*1.5=354
+2 = 236*2=472
Ok, thank you. Another thing, if it was a stat of 430, would 6 stages bring it all the way to 1720? Or would it stop at some point before that?

And lastly, the effects of Power Trick can be baton passed, correct? So if I were to use Power Trick with Shuckle, then Baton Pass it, would the Pokemon it's being Baton Passed to have the same attack stat as my Shuckle? Or would that Pokemon have their defense and attack switched?

WouW

Smash Lord
Ok, thank you. Another thing, if it was a stat of 430, would 6 stages bring it all the way to 1720? Or would it stop at some point before that?
Yes, you would have a stat of 1720.

And lastly, the effects of Power Trick can be baton passed, correct? So if I were to use Power Trick with Shuckle, then Baton Pass it, would the Pokemon it's being Baton Passed to have the same attack stat as my Shuckle? Or would that Pokemon have their defense and attack switched?
Power Trick can be baton passed, yes, and the recipient will have its attack and defense switches, but it's not a really good strategy as most pokés with massive defense have bad speed greatly limiting their sweeping potential.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Yes, you would have a stat of 1720.

Power Trick can be baton passed, yes, and the recipient will have its attack and defense switches, but it's not a really good strategy as most pokés with massive defense have bad speed greatly limiting their sweeping potential.
Thank You :D

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Ok, sorry, one more question... if you use Endure or have on a Focus Sash then use Explosion, do you still faint?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I need a Cresslia, calm nature, UT, and legit.
PM me the level and stats.

I also need a Latias, timid nature, UT, and legit.
again PM me the level and stats if you have either of these.

just name your price I have plenty of EVd pokes and shinies.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Should I post a thread about the Action Replay codes you need for legal pokemon?
I.E. Nature, pokemon mod, EV mod, IV mod, move mod but they are all legal stats/ moves?
When I found those it was very helpful and I thot I could put them all together for everyone to see.
(Platinum Version)

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
PokeSav is overrated :-(
I remember the days of make the pokemon transfer the code here now put it in ur AR after 55555 minutes ok now test it *game freezes*
I did the AR update on a comp, then had to switch comps now I can't downgrade that update which means it is old-fashioned code typing for me :(
Smaller than putting in a Pokesav code.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Can't you just copy-paste the entire code?
Read my post veeeeeeeeery slowly...
I HAD MY UPDATE ON ANOTHER COMP and I can't reset my AR, this comp wont recognise it because its a higher version.
And this is off topic anyway should I just post it I think it could be helpful in SOME way...
people who had this problem...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So POKeSAV works by connecting into the action replay and entering the codes? ...Interesting.

Does it have a way to make the pokemon shiny?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
soooo ummmm yeah. i just remembered that years and years ago i had a used pokemon stadium game. that meant that the game was finished so i basically had nothing to do now. so i just decided to make use of that and just enter them in contests. well anyways i was going through the team of pokemon i should make so i could enter in gym battles and i came across a mewtwo (shiny) and surfing pikachu (also a shiny). so my question is how do you get these pokemon in pokemon stadium. ive been asking myself this a long time so yeah an answer would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom