• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Anime & Manga Discussion

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's really not bad nowadays. I just watch their reruns in the morning. If Ash and pals would stop giving away all the good Pokemon.

UberMario

Smash Master
I've watched virtually every episode since the first one (that were english-dubbed anyway, haven't seen Dratini or Electric Soldier Porygon obviously), there's just something about the show I still enjoy, though I can't put my thumb on what it is about it.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I do still enjoy the early anime. Meaning, the Indigo League. I need to get it on DVD at some point.

I'm not sure if I actually still enjoy it or it's just nostalgia, but either way I like watching it.

UberMario

Smash Master
I was about to post that. lol

I understand the 4Kids part, but what does Leo have to do with Pokemon?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yo Ash, i'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish, but Pokemon Special is the best non-game piece of pokemon media of all time! The best non-game piece of pokemon media of all time!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Of all time! Where can it be found online in English?

On a separate note, the anime will one day be spun off or canceled.
Onemanga has all the chapters up to the early GS arc. Other than that I don't know.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
All of them used to be on MangaFox, but THE MAN is cracking down, so good luck trying to find the past chapters. /a/non scanlations is handling the more recent chapters though.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I think I have the first 4 American Pokemon comics somewhere in a box. I do remember ti having Red getting his trainer acceptance or something or other and pikachu totally disobeying him.

UberMario

Smash Master
All of the first 7 issues are available on Amazon, both old print and new (2009-).

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Holy crap, people know how to Google?

I got two chapter 13 or so.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
All of them used to be on MangaFox, but THE MAN is cracking down, so good luck trying to find the past chapters. /a/non scanlations is handling the more recent chapters though.
WAT! WARE!? I... must... have... more... Pokesupe...! Like, is it on the internet or available for download anywhere? Sorry, can't torrent.

UberMario

Smash Master
Why does everyone act like it's not available to purchase anywhere? >_<

Unless everyone is referring to issue 8 onward . . . .

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Why does everyone act like it's not available to purchase anywhere? >_<

Unless everyone is referring to issue 8 onward . . . .
for me Its because

A)I get issues 8-onward
b)its faster
c)I have no money
d)free is fun
e)I dont know where to buy them
f)even if I did, I cant drive
g)because I can

Pick one of the above

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm still waiting for the day someone takes the time to make a duplicate of the gym theme in the anime that plays when some amazing **** is about to go down. Charmeleon evolving, Victor riding that enormous wave, etc.

Or the ones in charge could release it in a CD. If they did, I'd get it in a heartbeat.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm still waiting for the day someone takes the time to make a duplicate of the gym theme in the anime that plays when some amazing **** is about to go down. Charmeleon evolving, Victor riding that enormous wave, etc.

Or the ones in charge could release it in a CD. If they did, I'd get it in a heartbeat.
Mind sharing the song with us if they released it on Youtube?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The song has never been released on CD before, that's the problem. I think it's the only song from the original soundtrack from the first season that has never been released. The closest I can provide of the song have scenes from the anime playing alongside it, so those voice and sound effects get in the way.

The song was used once again in the recent DP anime Summer School Arc, after I think about 10 years since it's last usage, in the Orange Islands, so the ones in charge still know it exists, lol.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh...

Funny how Ash's Charizard has been able to hold on it's own against legendaries, but oh wait, all of them have been NU :p

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Charizard has only battled one legendary (a real, legitimate one), Articuno. And in that battle, he won it.

Tiers don't really apply in the show - in the anime, legendary Pokemon, some of them at least, are portrayed to be very powerful, versatile, and necessary to keep the environment stable. And the writers essentially dictate who wins what - Pikachu beat a Dragonite in the Orange Islands, but then lost to a Magikarp in Sinnoh. It's up to them, in the end.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well, so just because Entei was imagined, he doesn't count?

And the only reason why Pikachu beat a Dragonite, but lost to a Magikarp is because you forget that the writers of the show decide to lay a curse upon Pikachu and make him weak as hell at the beginning of the next saga.

What level IS Pikachu canonically btw?

UberMario

Smash Master
He doesn't have one. lol He ends each saga around 60 and gets back to 10 so that he's slightly above even with whoever is Ash's new "starter" pokemon.

Also these two = My favorite two songs of the anime all-time. (Imagines them playing as Giovanni's theme in a 3DS remake of Yellow for the 1st one and the second for facing Jessie & James):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFC3mYlxC5E&feature=related&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzMF6BzGge8&feature=related&fmt=18

I love this one too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsh2p_Ku6-w&fmt=18

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Well, so just because Entei was imagined, he doesn't count?
Yes, because it wasn't a real Entei, and so it had some powers provided by the Unown. And Molly was assisting it in the battle by mentally providing the crystal spikes for Entei to use as stepping stones, whereas Charizard avoided them by a hairsbreadth.

And the only reason why Pikachu beat a Dragonite, but lost to a Magikarp is because you forget that the writers of the show decide to lay a curse upon Pikachu and make him weak as hell at the beginning of the next saga.
Then here's a another comparison: Bulbasaur beats a Scyther in the Indigo League. He loses to a Bellsprout in the same episode.

Tears After the Cloudy Weather is on of my favorite songs from the show. Ranks right behind the Gym Theme, and Faunsu E.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Didn't James have a Victreebell? Lol I recall it failing pretty hard too. What ever happens to the Pokemon they never use anymore?

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I believe he traded that Victreebel away for a Weepinbell being sold by that con-artist Magikarp Salesman. It evolved in the same episode and then ran off with James' old Pokemon because they'd fallen in love.

I really miss that Arbok and Weezing though. You could tell they loved their owners so much. I'd pay the anime writers just to have an episode where we'd see what happened to them afterwards. Sigh...

If only James had kept his Gyarados.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Didn't James have a Victreebell? Lol I recall it failing pretty hard too. What ever happens to the Pokemon they never use anymore?
Let's see, Weepinbell happened exactly as RR said, his Wheezing and Jesse's Arbok stayed behind to take care of a pack of it's species, similar to Pidgeot staying to help a flock of pidgey/pidgeotto, Jesse left her Dustox for the same reason Ash left his Butterfree, Jame's Chimeco stayed behind to get cured of some sickness or something, Jesse's Lickitung got traded for her Wobb, Cacnea is training with Gardenia, James's Magikarp evolved into a Gyara after he kicked it into the water and got pwned by Gyara afterwards, and James's Growlie is still at his mansion... he should bring his Growlie back tbh

Yeah, that's pretty much what happened to all their pokemon I believe

UberMario

Smash Master
The reason he didn't was addessed in a Hoenn episode where he told Growlithe he did not want it to go through the pain of blastoffs every day. (As it was his childhood friend and he couldn't bear the thought of it in pain)

Top Bottom