• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Wrath`

Smash Master
It could also be like...

You know in the name create mode when you can make a name right?You know when you go to the japeneese symbols and you clikc one you get 3 others including the one you selectid.Well lets say on cha. selection screen you see norm. form deoxyes,but when you click on him the other 3 forms apper like on the name screen.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
QFT. . .
(don't care if it's me)
lol, i posted this as well,

for king, that would be plausible. The best thing to do would be to make 4 different characters, as more that about 2 tranformations are kind of broken, unless you explain a way of staying in the tranfo, and having completey different movesets. And hell to all kirby players(lol)

PurpleEqualsDoom

Smash Cadet
You can't put a character in smash brothers that is totally devoid of personality or trademark popularity.

Pikachu, Pichu, and Jigglypuff are in there because they actually are all recognized as symbols for the Pokemon franchise (at least in Japan).

Mewtwo is in there because he actually has his own personality and his power and poke-god rank gives him fan appeal.

Pokemon like "Blaziken" won't make it in there because all they are are mindless pokemon. Nobody wants to control something as dumb as an animal. Blaziken would just be a mod-clone of Ganon or CapFalcon anyhow.

DEOXYS is going to be in there, probably with LUCARIO or whatever that kamehameha wave shooting dog thing is. These are human-shaped poke gods ideal for any combat game.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Come in here and diss up blaze.Nice job.Blaze is not mindless.Give instead constructive critism and stse better reasonse than that.As f oni and kaid would say"thats BS":newbie:

Wrath`

Smash Master
I could say the same about pika,pichu and jiggy.
And if we only had pokemon no traner on the anime had....well thats a small bunch

kaid

Smash Master
Jigglypuff had a whole string of episodes where, the heros were in some impossibe situation, a wild Jiggs comes along, sings, and then draws on their faces.

The Pichu Bros had an entire short devoted to them. They were wild, too, and had a chance to express themselves.

Pika is the Hero's loyal Companion. There's even a line in the lucario movie... "Are you Pikachu's master?" "Nothing like that. Pikachu is my friend!"
Pikachu has also had 8-10 seasons to develope a personality, despite being tied to Ash.

Has Blaze ever expressed an opinion that differed from it's master? has it ever been curious? Awed?

Wrath`

Smash Master
Jigglypuff had a whole string of episodes where, the heros were in some impossibe situation, a wild Jiggs comes along, sings, and then draws on their faces.

The Pichu Bros had an entire short devoted to them. They were wild, too, and had a chance to express themselves.

Pika is the Hero's loyal Companion. There's even a line in the lucario movie... "Are you Pikachu's master?" "Nothing like that. Pikachu is my friend!"
Pikachu has also had 8-10 seasons to develope a personality, despite being tied to Ash.

Has Blaze ever expressed an opinion that differed from it's master? has it ever been curious? Awed?
Um Ithink masters have nothing to do with it.The only truth is wait and see

kaid

Smash Master
My question was, has Blaze ever had a personality of her own. If Blaze is only ever blindly following it's trainer's orders, however gleefully, then it has no personality of it's own... only it's master's, imprinted upon it.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Actually, COMBUSKEN had a good deal of fighting drive to protect. Thats how Torchi evolved into Combusken, she was protecting Sqritural (w/e) from braloom(also w/e) on her OWN (they where lost at the time). http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/358.shtml
youtubes took it off. . .

And Combusken evolved when she was trying to protect the pokemon TR took. . . on her OWN.

And Gardevoir has one epis. . . does that matter when it's the most wanted pokemon in Japan?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm pretty sure most Pokemon in Mysterious Dungeon had a personality. Since you can start with Torchic and become Blaziken later on, he has a personality. So I find the no personality reasoning to be pointless. Then again, I've only played part of a demo so I don't really have a say in it =/.

kaid

Smash Master
Actually, COMBUSKEN had a good deal of fighting drive to protect. Thats how Torchi evolved into Combusken, she was protecting Sqritural (w/e) from braloom(also w/e) on her OWN (they where lost at the time). http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/358.shtml
youtubes took it off. . .

And Combusken evolved when she was trying to protect the pokemon TR took. . . on her OWN.
This is exactly what I was asking for. Thank you.

Black/Light

Smash Master
This is exactly what I was asking for. Thank you.
Your welcome, and because 2 =/= a actually pattern I will one up you.

http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/367.shtml

Combusken's first contest, she goes all out from the start and does a coo looking fire spin that looks like fire blasting from all sides of her inner arms that spins her (think, water shooting up and pulling outward from all sides). Well, she over did it and May was about to get burned (she had to fall to the floor to dodge the fire). May didn't know what to do so she froze and Combusken saw that what she was doing was starting to hurt May. So, on her own, she stopped the fire spin and used peck to put out all the loose flames going towards May.

You should know by now that I can do some deep research :p

PurpleEqualsDoom

Smash Cadet
Characters are selected for SSB rosters for much simpler reasons than you guys are brining up. The production team doesn't sit down and discuss which pokemon have appeared most requently in the cartoon. All they care about is how familiar the character is. Blaziken is no more familiar than a Charizard or a Jinx.

Deoxys for the win. He is a pokegod parallel to Mewtwo. Pure and simple.

Also, they could easily put in Mew as a faster and more agile mod-clone of Mewtwo.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Characters are selected for SSB rosters for much simpler reasons than you guys are brining up. The production team doesn't sit down and discuss which pokemon have appeared most requently in the cartoon. All they care about is how familiar the character is. Blaziken is no more familiar than a Charizard or a Jinx.
ehhh... you dont really know what you're talking about. where's your proof that all they care about is recognisability? we know that our assumptions may not be correct, but it doesnt mean your one is. we all know popularity plays a major role on the deciding of what characters get in. without it, cult favourites such as Pitt would have not been confirmed, or may not even have a chance of being characters. we also know that significance plays a major role of deciding what characters get in. i dont have to provide proof for that, because it is obvious... by the way, none of us make assumptions based on the most frequent anime appearences... where did you get that idea?

yeah, and all they care about is how familiar the characters are? even though deoxys is only available as an extremely rare promo pokemon 3 games? your opinions sound kind of hypocritical if you ask me... by the way, deoxys being an equal to mewtwo is just an opinion. in game stats dont tell everything. Dragonite has more attack than Mewtwo. do you think that means it is stronger in everything? i'd say that deoxys wouldnt have a chance against deoxys outside the game where nonlegendary pokemon auctually pose a threat to legendarys.

Also, they could easily put in Mew as a faster and more agile mod-clone of Mewtwo.
does anyone want anymore clones?

Wrath`

Smash Master

You have no idea.Blaziken is more framiiar then jinx.And the reson games take so long to make is because for characters to be in it they sit down and look at all aspects.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Deoxy FTW? Because EVERYONE knows about him? I played and beat my Pokemon C game over and over again yet I had to see "Deoxy for brawl!!!" on the Nsider to even know who he was because he is a EVENT ONLY pokemon that I never knew of at that time.

This whole argument fails, pokemon are chose by fan-base and NOT anime (which you are correct in saying) but having a high Fan-Base = alot of people recgonize it.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
does anyone want anymore clones?
If you are asking if I want Mew & Mewtwo in the same game as clones, then no. Of course, I would have no problem at all if characters like Fox & Wolf were "Luigified" & same goes for Marth & Roy.

As for pokemon, if Blaziken makes it in Brawl & has an impressive moveset, then the best "Luigified" clone for him would be Goukazaru from the 4th generation starters since there both Fire/Fighting.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
(for purp)characters for SSb rosters arent as simple as it may sound. Although you have a fan base there, there are soo many characters to chose from. think about, there are approximately 500 pokemon right. could you chose about 3-4 on the spot for say a project that would be presented in front of everyone. most people, who havent even thought of this topic, would say no, and be truthful.

The only reason you pick Deoxys is the same reason that fire starters always are faves, and the reason that pokemon like Mewtwo got popularity. Pokemon like that are always popular, and such is the nature of things. Deoxys was is probably the only pokemon aside from Ditto who can change shape at will (i havent really researched), and everyonel ike the fact that a pokemon could have different forms, each raising/lowering the stats of the said pokemon to make it best for a certain situation.

The main things that seem to have an effect on chosen pokemon//pokeball pokemon are fan base, importance in anime (ex. Jigglypuff was a reoccuring character throught the firs season, that everyone loved), and w/e the hell else can raise the sale of the game.

putting my info aside, before Deoxys got in as a playable, There are countless others from the first season who would get a spot.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I do agree with the you support who you like.And castform also changes forms too.

If on this poll we were to throw out blaze,lucrio and deoxys who would be popular then?

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I love both Lucario and Blaziken and I wish they could both get in.

I mean you could get rid of Mewtwo and Pichu and BAM two free spots in the pokemon section. I'm just saying

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
how could you get rid of mewtwo. He is a staple in the series, being the first big villian
in pokemon ( i dont count Team Rocket because they are more of a comedy relief)

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Gengar all the way I would love to play as him
(PS: Mikurage (a pokemon to those who don't know(Wow, brackeets within brackets within brackets) as an item would work well it could switch everyone's damages around and could represent the 4th generation)

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Gengar all the way I would love to play as him
(PS: Mikurage (a pokemon to those who don't know(Wow, brackets within brackets within brackets) as an item would work well it could switch everyone's damages around and could represent the 4th generation)

Oops double post srry

Wrath`

Smash Master
I love both Lucario and Blaziken and I wish they could both get in.

I mean you could get rid of Mewtwo and Pichu and BAM two free spots in the pokemon section. I'm just saying
You cant just boot mewtwo that quickly.Although I suck with him he is one of the 2 darkness user.Other being gannon.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
If on this poll we were to throw out blaze,lucrio and deoxys who would be popular then?
Gengar. That's who I'd vote for, at least. I can already imagine all the tongue-based attacks...

But seriously, without those three (though I feel inclined to point out that Meowth is beating Deoxys), I think it would be a toss up between Hitmonlee, Gengar, and Cubone. Just a guess.

Anyway, I really think the options should be trimmed down. Eevee, Hitmonchan, Sandshrew/Sandslash, and Pichu Bros/Plusle and Minun could be cut without any big resistance. Farfetch'd too, I guess. If you want to go even further, drop Dragonite, Charizard, Scizor, and Hitmonlee. This brings the list of options to:

Lucario
Blaziken
Deoxys
Meowth
Cubone
Gengar

Though Munchlax should definitely be added as well. That makes 7 choices, which would be much cleaner and more specific.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Anyway, I really think the options should be trimmed down. Eevee, Hitmonchan, Sandshrew/Sandslash, and Pichu Bros/Plusle and Minun could be cut without any big resistance. Farfetch'd too, I guess. If you want to go even further, drop Dragonite, Charizard, Scizor, and Hitmonlee. This brings the list of options to:

Lucario
Blaziken
Deoxys
Meowth
Cubone
Gengar

Though Munchlax should definitely be added as well. That makes 7 choices, which would be much cleaner and more specific.
your opinion seems a bit bias. there wouldnt even be a good point in dropping selections, unless they are hogging up votes even though they are obviously demanded. you only seem to want selections you dont like to be dropped.

Wrath`

Smash Master
It's not biasd.And blaze and lucario hold the most votes,so they kind of are hogging the poll.
When did meowth get above deoxys?

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
It's not biasd.
ehhh... dictionary time!
dictionary.com said:
bias: An unfair act or policy stemming from prejudice.
dictionary.com said:
prejudice: an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
he made an unfavourable ignorant opinion. thats basicly what i said, no?
And blaze and lucario hold the most votes,so they kind of are hogging the poll.
thats why they should be cut from the poll and be made a seperate poll. everybody knows that they are the 2 most demanded pokemon by far, so they are basicly wasting votes on the poll because noone stands a chance against them. theres no chance that other pokemon can become as demanded as them, and we all know that more than 2 pokemon will be added.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
your opinion seems a bit bias. there wouldnt even be a good point in dropping selections, unless they are hogging up votes even though they are obviously demanded. you only seem to want selections you dont like to be dropped.
I just picked those with the least votes. I personally support half of them. Those six I left in my list are the six with the most votes. I wasn't biased at all when making it.

I mean, Hitmonchan and Farfetch'd are at the top of the list for me.

As to why I suggest dropping anyone at all, I personally don't think anyone but Lucario, Blaziken, Deoxys, Meowth, and Munchlax have a real chance at getting in. I thought we made a new poll in the first place because of that very reason, and yet we still have too many options, in my opinion. I mean, Farfetch'd has one vote, Pichu Bros two. I don't think anyone would mourn if they dropped off of the poll.

kaid

Smash Master
Alright, how's this for a newpoll?

Newcomers
Mimiroru (popular in Japan) Possible Jiggs Replacement (Who was also popular in japan, but not so much anymore)

Mimiroppu (the evolution of the above, also really popular in japan)

Gardevor (Popular in Japan) 3rd Gen Japaneese choice

Erureido (popular in Japan) A blade pokemon.

Lucario (somewhat popular in japan, and tied with Blaze here in the states)

Blaziken (American 3rd gen rep suggestion)

Returners
Jiggilypuff. Was popular in japan, but has been overshadowed by recent pokemon on this list. Rocked in Melee.

Mewtwo. The only character that can really be called a Villian in the poke-verse. Sucked in Melee.

Pichu. Also a victim of popularity loss. Also sucked in Melee.

(Pikachu is in anyway, so I'm leaving him off)

Multiple choice. Pick as many as you like.

----------------------------------------
Should I send this to McFox?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
My picks are Mewtwo, Lucario, & Blaziken. Not Jigglypuff, definately not Jigglypuff.

& Kaid, yes send it to McFox, it's a great upgraded poll.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Out of Kaid's characters, I would want Lucario, Blaziken, Jiggs, Mewtwo and Pichu. For the poll, i voted Lucario. Previously said, this guy just LOOKS like he is ready to brawl.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
a unique fun good character has been in for the last 2 games, and now people want it cut from the roster? bah... i'd go with mewtwo, jiggly, lucario... then the other new pokemon slots could be filled with pokemon like gengar and dragonite.
if there is a new poll, i think mcfox should make it multiple choice, add a few japan popular pokemon and take off lucario and blaziken so they can have a seperate poll... (everyone has one of them as their most wanted character, so they're poinhtless choices)
if blaze and lucario would be taken off, i guess the poll could still be single choiced and work to, because after those 2, the character popularity's are pretty close.

for jiggly, do you guys realise that she is a fun unique, not to mentoin good character from the first and second game? how could you want that type of characater to be cut? nothing could really replace it because of its uniqueness.

Black/Light

Smash Master

Newcomers
Mimiroru (popular in Japan) Possible Jiggs Replacement (Who was also popular in japan, but not so much anymore)

Lucario (popular both in japan, though less than the oothers on this poll, and here in the states)

You forgot one, http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimilop
Mimilop is with Mimirol in popularity.
And if 4 pokemon are in front of Lucario in Japan that makes him the 5th (at most) most popular pokemon there. From what I can see Meowth over here is 4th most popular (and no one really calls Meowth "popular") so I would only call Lucario "some what" popular over there.
(. . . I don't even know the "5th" most popular pokemon over here so I wouldn't call being 5th "popular")

In other news. . .
Go Nintendo- After more than 10 years as one of the most popular entertainment franchises in the world, Pokémon® video games are once again shattering sales records. Just three months after launching on Sept. 28, Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl shipped a record-breaking 5 million units to retailers in Japan, making them the fastest selling Pokémon games ever.
http://gonintendo.com/?p=12574#comments
Wow, I wonder whats up with that 0_o.
I also wonder if it's all true. . . seems odd but w/e.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
this sux, cuz all the five black/light quoted are ones that would be great in brawl

i agree with oni. a separate poll for Lucario and Blaziken should be made. It seems reasonable. Like a presidential race, candidates from the two leading parties go and get voted for in a big election.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace

Newcomers

Lucario (popular both in japan, though less than the oothers on this poll, and here in the states)

Returners
Jiggilypuff. Was popular in japan, but has been overshadowed by recent pokemon on this list. Rocked in Melee.

Mewtwo. The only character that can really be called a Villian in the poke-verse. Sucked in Melee.

Pichu. Also a victim of popularity loss. Also sucked in Melee.

(Pikachu is in anyway, so I'm leaving him off)

Multiple choice. Pick as many as you like.
I like the poll choices, but maby add cubone, gengar, and meowth. because they seem
to be doing pretty well on this poll.

Top Bottom