• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Who said Munchlax was unpopular? According to Wikipedia, he's already appeared in 4 Pokemon games - quite a feat for a 4th generation Pokemon. Anyway, characters that are widely known tend to be more popular than the others. The only exception I can think of right now is Tingle, and he's very popular in Japan - he even has his own game.

In summary, I'd rather have that ball of fluff ^ than the current ball of fluff. Of course, I don't care very much one way or the other, to be honest.
I think what Fierce meant was that Munchlax's popularity is strong, but it's not up there with the cream of the crop & the elite of the pokemon universe like Deoxys, Lucario, Blaziken, etc.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I think what Fierce meant was that Munchlax's popularity is strong, but it's not up there with the cream of the crop & the elite of the pokemon universe like Deoxys, Lucario, Blaziken, etc.
True, but there's really not much "etc" there. After those three, I'd say Munchlax is probably on the same level as Mimirol and Gardevoir (just a guess, probably not exact). We have many Pokemon up on our list that are both less recognizable and less popular than Munchlax.

Black/Light

Smash Master
^^^I like fire attacks so I chose Blaziken. . .

Really, he seems like the perfect fighter for such a game. Lucario looks coo and all but that seems to be his calm to fam. . . he just looks coo (not too strong from what I hear).

Plus, I don't really like the whole movie thing. It seems way too easy for a pokemon to get popular just by being in a movie. . . plus if pokemon were choosen by movie than we would only get Deoxy and Lucario (don't likey Deoxy). Blaziken is great imo because it's just a greatly popular popkemon that has nothing like a movie/ anime specail to give him the fad fan fav I see with Lucario. People have always (and still do now) wanted Blaziken in and that says something more than "new movie pokemon!!! Coo!" imo.
I like this quote :p

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
who is that person. that is the most retardedest sentences i've ever read.

look, my typing and grammar even failed me again. this quote has put a strain on what intelligence i actually had.

darn you red x

and black/light, did u make the One Piece Gif....if you diid, great job. do you know the dimesions for how big a sig can be. i want to make a Chidori sig and i need to know

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
z00t! lucario is winning...

as for jiggly, I would be mad if she were taken out, only because killing off originals isnt cool... i wish she was never in though...

Id be happy with 5-6 (though 6 is a little much) pokemon... pika, mewtwo, and jiggly... lucario and maybe two more to represent the 3rd and 2nd generations (though 3rd generation suck IMO)... i dont really know if there are any important enough pokemon from those generations though...

Wrath`

Smash Master
z00t! lucario is winning...

as for jiggly, I would be mad if she were taken out, only because killing off originals isnt cool... i wish she was never in though...

Id be happy with 5-6 (though 6 is a little much) pokemon... pika, mewtwo, and jiggly... lucario and maybe two more to represent the 3rd and 2nd generations (though 3rd generation suck IMO)... i dont really know if there are any important enough pokemon from those generations though...
3rd gen rocks.Lucario is not all that he's cut out to be.Pichu should be diched for that bunny and blziken needs his moment to shine.

Micahc

Smash Ace
3rd gen rocks.Lucario is not all that he's cut out to be.Pichu should be diched for that bunny and blziken needs his moment to shine.
No blaziken doesn't, he has as much reason to be in as Marowak. Blazikens just a fad, give it a few months and blazeken will be dead popularity wise.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
No blaziken doesn't, he has as much reason to be in as Marowak. Blazikens just a fad, give it a few months and blazeken will be dead popularity wise.
Just wait till the new gen comes out and blaz will be old news everyone will want the fire monkey. Anyways 3rd gen was the worst generation in my opinion.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Just wait till the new gen comes out and blaz will be old news everyone will want the fire monkey. Anyways 3rd gen was the worst generation in my opinion.
. . . Alot of people already know about that monkey and he seems to be the least liked of the starters (Water/Steel fatty bird is kicking his a$$).
And Blaze seems to be to the US/UK what Gard is to Japan. . . Erlcard came in the 4th gen and Gard is still on top there (but now both are highly wanted).

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
^ lol

The two fighters that could also have long range attacks are almost tied (or were until I voted for Blaziken :p), what a surprise. I think Deoxys could be a good choice actually, but we already had a Psychic this time around. Come on Sakurai, it's a no brainer. The fire starter from D/P is actually fighting also,... but it's a monkey that looks it came straight out of the circus. So I'd have to go with Blaziken there.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read the posts up there about the fire monkey. That's what I get for just posting without reading.

Wrath`

Smash Master
No 2nd gen was the worst.Exept for tyranitar.

I dont like the fire monky.Just snother fire/fight type.

But if blaze was popular when the game was in the making then he could have been created during his time of popularity.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
its dumb to say its only a fire and fighting type. in actuallity, there are only 4 fire/fighting in the whole series, including 4th gen.......

goukazaru though, will come second to the almighty wrath of Mecha penguin (Enperuto). I always liked the water over fire anyway

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Normally, I would take the elemental starter of a fire pokemon as my immediate choice for starting out my pokemon journey, but since the developers at Game Freak were all smokin a blunt when they designed Goukazaru as a fire/fighting monkey pokemon, I think I'll take the steel/water penguin & make an exception. All of the previous starting PK (Typhlosion, Charizard, and Blaziken) were all tight & cool in my eyes, but not Koukazaru. He just looks.....like a Blaziken repeat.

Wrath`

Smash Master
its dumb to say its only a fire and fighting type. in actuallity, there are only 4 fire/fighting in the whole series, including 4th gen.......

goukazaru though, will come second to the almighty wrath of Mecha penguin (Enperuto). I always liked the water over fire anyway

I say that because all the f starters have had a diffrent type scheem.Charzard=fire/fly typlosion=fire blaze=fire/fight Gokuzaru screews this up.

Normally, I would take the elemental starter of a fire pokemon as my immediate choice for starting out my pokemon journey, but since the developers at Game Freak were all smokin a blunt when they designed Goukazaru as a fire/fighting monkey pokemon, I think I'll take the steel/water penguin & make an exception. All of the previous starting PK (Typhlosion, Charizard, and Blaziken) were all tight & cool in my eyes, but not Koukazaru. He just looks.....like a Blaziken repeat.

I have to stick with fire no matter what.I actualy think the grass looks the coolest.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
i still dont get it wiht the fire thing. almost all gamers like fire, and neglect some of the best elements.

and i like the land turtle and penguin the best.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I think he means the new ghost/electric type. However, I don't see any ghost type becoming playable in Brawl. They would most likely be a Pokeball one if they are in at all.

Edit: Actually, he's Electabuzz's new evo's new English name. My bad. I see him more as a Pokeball Pokemon though.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I dont even know what electrive is.

Based on my sources the evo of electibuz is elikible.

For further info go to www.serebii.net

And the only ghost/elec pokemon there is is rotmu.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I dont even know what electrive is.

Based on my sources the evo of electibuz is elikible.

For further info go to www.serebii.net

And the only ghost/elec pokemon there is is rotmu.
Electrive is Electivire spelled wrong. Thanks for linking me to the page that just announced Electivire is Elekible's English name XP. That's exactly how I knew what he was talking about. You should check the front page and read it.

darkganon666

Smash Rookie
Blaziken! Blaziken!

My choice is Blaziken because he:

A: Has greatere than average strength
B: Hes fighting + Fire
C: His attacks would look awesome and do more damage
D: I have a lvl. 100 Blaziken that kicks butt!

All good reasons to why he needs spotlight in Brawl!!!

darkganon666

Smash Rookie
Blaziken! Blaziken!

A: Has greater than average strength

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace

A: Has greater than average strength

All of those were bad reasons...
Strength means nothing
His type doesn't matter much.
Looks don't matter, and do more damage?
and a lvl 100 blaziken has nothing to do why he should be in brawl.

honestly anyone can say those things about any pokemon.
I am just not being convinced.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Can't you respect that thats HIS personal reasons for picking Blaze? Because, ya know, he actually likes the character at hand? What more does he have to say. . ."I like w/e character" is enuff reason to want ANY character in. :ohwell:

He wasn't tring to "convince" you, he was saying why he likes Blaziken and why he wants her in. . .

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Can't you respect that thats HIS personal reasons for picking Blaze? Because, ya know, he actually likes the character at hand? What more does he have to say. . ."I like w/e character" is enuff reason to want ANY character in. :ohwell:

He wasn't tring to "convince" you, he was saying why he likes Blaziken and why he wants her in. . .
I can respect it, but I keep seeing these lists for why blaz should be in, and I haven't
seen one good list. Anyone can like a character, and he/she could give a better reason for blaz being in brawl then I have a lvl 100.

I know he wasn't trying to convince me, I just don't think any of those are good enough reasons to "why he needs spotlight in Brawl!!!"

Black/Light

Smash Master
What "reasons" should people have? What other than "I like w/e character" is needed to want said character in brawl? I can list a ton of reasons why Pachirisu should be in (I really don't care it is makes it in as the "latest Pika rip") mainly because it's one of the few pokemon that has alot of in-your-face reasons . . . but I don't want that character.:p

What, you want reason why she "deserves" to be in? Characters that are well liked/ wanted/ loved with high fan-bases are the ones that "deserve" to be added imo. . . But I can't talk for how Sakurai thinks so I just say "[insert w/e character I want] should be in" cause in the end thats all that matters.
(Example, Kaid likes Lucario and thats why he wants him in. If he didn't than he wouldn't even try to support him no matter what Lucario crap is out. Same with F-O and Dragonite)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
if i may butt in, if people really mean what you are explaining ("he was saying why he likes Blaziken and why he wants her in. . ."), they shouldnt be saying "All good reasons to why he needs spotlight in Brawl!!!". by saying this, the person is basicly saying that the character deserves to be in for the reasons over why they want the character for those reasons. besides, if someone is going to present an idiotic opinion on this thread, there isnt any problem with anyone convincing them that they should double check on why they want their character, is there?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Actually, as you (somewhat) said, it's his opinion. He likes this character because of those reasons. . . hell, he stated that thats why he wants Blaze in as his opinion. Really, you all seem to be looking to deep into stuff. I red the last part as reasons he thinks blaze should be in. It's his opinion. . . I can't see why he has to change or look over his opinions because someone doesn't agree. Does "All reasons she should be in" mean anything if he has already showed that that whole thing is his personal opinions about her?
It's clear he was just saying thats what he thinks. . . he was not trying to pass that off as "in-yo-face reasons".
I like Blaziken. . . the end. Thats why Im so good a supporting her, I have alway loved my Blaziken in the games and I don't go "wooow, looks cool!!!" and I tip my hat to anyone who supports who they like and not just because they look coo.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
om... do you expect me to reply to everything? i have better things to do. B/L didnt state anything i can or want to argue about. what do you expect me to do? flame him? unlike you, i dont enjoy arguing just to waste my time and i dont mind letting others end arguments. the main point of arguments is to teach and learn. i'm not gonna go on with some BS now because i dont have anything to say.

Top Bottom