• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
he is weird strange, and would have a stragne moveset (the statement you made on sakurai's decision)
yeah, but it wasn't nearly as popular as another weird strange pokemon at the time (jiggly) and no franchise got more than 2 characters in the first SSB. besides, SSB and SSBB are 2 different games.

Black/Light

Smash Master
sakurai said he is looking for unique characters for brawl. do you think he means that he is looking for characters with moves that fit perfectly, or characters that look awkward in the game, such as kirby? i doubt blaziken would get a chance increase based on its basic structure and style.
Again. . .
Unique=/="OoHHhhHh!,Not human shaped!"
Do you think he will set out to only find things with non-human structure? In fact, 4 of the known new comers have structures seen in melee (human looking). What makes them unique is how they play and what they do to attack (style), NOT their structure.

Blaziken's shape may or may not add to her appeal to the Divs, we don't know.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
their structure and stlye have to come into play. If they based it on style, then half the pokemon in the franchise would be in the game. look at mewtwo. he is partially humanshaped, but is unique in structure with his sphericle like apendeges and tail.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'd think they'd opt for someone rather like Blaziken with a less 'unique' but workable frame than someone like Misdreavus whose unique but would be a pain to fit in as she has no arms or legs and practically floats everywhere. If anything, the only kinds of types of pokemon we can really expect are humanoid types or those like Pikachu.

And I'd rather they didn't replace Pichu with another Pika clone. That just seems a little redundent.

H3L105

Smash Cadet
Lucario would be a pretty sweet addition to Brawl. He could be a less nerfed-out replacement to the fiasco Mewtwo turned out to be. He also has that uber Pulse Bomb technique which would make for a pretty cool move-set. Compared to Deoxys, it makes more sense to have him in the game. I mean c'mon people, it's Deoxys! That's the kind of Pokemon you'd expect in a Pokeball, not as a playable character.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Yeah... deoxys would be a really wierd character... plus its not as cool/popular as mewtwo was...

Blaze would be best in a pokeball with all the other starters...

If anyone should be in it is lucario...

Wrath`

Smash Master
Although I still only know very (very very very) little about lucario, he does sound like he could be swift and strong and SSBB.

I throw it up btwn Dragonite and Lucario
No notdragonite.

I 'd throw it up between lucario,blaze and the bunny mimi

Wrath`

Smash Master
charzard is a cool concept for brawl,hell any fire pokemon is.But in my gut i dont see charzard leaving pokeball status.He would be a sweet addition though.First pokemon with wings in brawl.

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
Speaking of Pokemon with wings, and since Charizard isn't very likely, what winged Pokemon would you say is most likely for Brawl?

Skarmory for Brawl! hehe, yeah right.

Micahc

Smash Ace
Lucario would be a pretty sweet addition to Brawl. He could be a less nerfed-out replacement to the fiasco Mewtwo turned out to be.
If they replaced Mewtwo, one of the most iconic Pokemon characters, with a bipedial, spiky dog I would cry. I'm not against Lucario being in Brawl, but I am against Mewtwo being replaced.
He also has that uber Pulse Bomb technique which would make for a pretty cool move-set.
IMO, some steel fighting techniques could be cooler, unless it was steel pulsating orbs!! :eek: Yeah, that was sarcasm if you can't tell
Compared to Deoxys, it makes more sense to have him in the game. I mean c'mon people, it's Deoxys! That's the kind of Pokemon you'd expect in a Pokeball, not as a playable character.
Agreed
Comments in red.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
i think evee and all evos should be in as pokeball. it would be tight, like in a certain terain (if they have those) it would transform into one of its 1/2 gen forms.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
No notdragonite.

I 'd throw it up between lucario,blaze and the bunny mimi
see wrath? this is what i'm talking about. a nooby post. someone posted that they would like dragonite and what do you do? "no way! not dragonite! not that you care, but i'd rather have a pokemon that i ignorantly support only because i like fire"
and why do you always go against go against dragonite whenever you have the chance? "only" because you think it won't get in? please, that isn't even an excuse.

Black/Light

Smash Master
i'd rather have a pokemon that i ignorantly support only because i like fire"
I agree, he did make a noob post, but how is he "ignorantly" supporting Blaze? He seems to like Blaze which is the only reason I see as to why he supports her.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
fierce, i wouldnt even bother anymore, if you did get an arguement, it would be extremely pstupid anyway.

Mar~

Smash Apprentice
Yes to Meowth

Voto por Meowth, pienso que es mejor adicion que Jigglipuff o Pichu, ya que es mas popular, tiene mas ataques originales y tiene mejor forma de peleador

Ademas, no todos los personajes que incluyan en el Brawl tienen que ser ''cools'' esteticamente. tienen que ser clasicos y representativos de su serie, Meowth es una buena opcion

En fin, es probable que la razon por la que no esta en las pokebolas del Melee pero sin embargo en los trofeos si, es porque pensaban incluirlo en el proximo smash. Ojala asi sea

I vote for Meowth, think that it is a better addition that Jigglipuff or Pichu, since he is more popularly, has more original attacks and has better form of fighter

Besides, not all the characters who include in the Brawl have to be "cools" aesthetically. Have to be classic and representative of his series, Meowth is a good option

In purpose, it is probable that the reason for that not this one in the pokeballs of the Melee but nevertheless in the trophies if, it is because they were thinking to include it in the close smash. I wait like that is

Dew!

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
I agree, he did make a noob post, but how is he "ignorantly" supporting Blaze? He seems to like Blaze which is the only reason I see as to why he supports her.
IMO, he doesn't even seem to care about blaze. he only seems to like fire pokemon, so what does he do? he chooses a fire pokemon that he thinks "has the best chance" to support.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I personly don't think that marits calling his support "igonorant" even if it is true. People have different reasons they support w/e they support. . . his could be that he likes fire types and thinks Blaze has the right stuff to rep his type of choice.

H3L105

Smash Cadet
Dragonite would be a pretty sweet character. He's be crazy strong too. But there's still about as much of a chance of him getting in as the character I most want it it, Fierce Deity. :(

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Dragonite would be a pretty sweet character. He's be crazy strong too. But there's still about as much of a chance of him getting in as the character I most want it it, Fierce Deity. :(
who said there chances are low? besides, i think FD's chances aren't that low anyway. he seems to have that cult fanbase that gets sooo many characters in. he should make some sort of appearence...

Black/Light

Smash Master
yeah, but then he goes on to go against every other pokemon that isn't a fire type that he thinks won't get in.
Which is why he/she is nOObish (at best). That doesn't effect the status of his/her support for Blaze but it does effect his/her status as a debater on these forums.

H3L105

Smash Cadet
I am certain FD Link will be in the game somewhere, but incredibly doubtful that he'll be playable. He also does have a massive cult fanbase like you mentioned seeing as how when I read Game Informer not long ago, it said you can buy a Fierce Deity Link figurine for the prive of a Wii.

H3L105

Smash Cadet
But seriously, Dragonite is really cool and everything, and you can do alot of stuff for movesets...but I just think that there's miniscule chance of him getting in. :(

H3L105

Smash Cadet
Ravenlance...please. You're pissing people off, and you're gonna get banned.

cooler110033

Smash Rookie
Blaziken looks the coolest out of all the pokemon in the poll. And he's swift and packs a punch, what more do you need?

I think Blaziken should get the spot, just imagine the damage he can deal and stuff.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
did you bother to read the other posts?

raven lance, i dunno how you debate, but upping you post count wont change the fact if you suck or not

SpikedbyErdman

Smash Rookie
I would definitly have to say Lucario (in my opinion) not only looks the coolest, but he seems to be more suited (if even possible) for this game. I have actually never seen this pokemon before because of my... age long unintentional hyatus away pokemon but he would be cool to have. I think a problem would be that he would be to similar to Mewtwo as far as attacking goes...or at least thats what i picked up from the various screenshots i saw of Lucario. The hell is he anyway?

kaid

Smash Master
I think a problem would be that he would be to similar to Mewtwo as far as attacking goes...or at least thats what i picked up from the various screenshots i saw of Lucario. The hell is he anyway?
He's a Fighting/Steel pokemon with access to psychic-type moves. I have heard his movements and abilities in the anime compared to Bleach and Naruto.

Top Bottom