• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No Jynx can't be gay since they're always female am I right? The most gay Pokémon out there... Well I think that would be any female Mr.Mime minus the Jolly nature ones -since they might only pretend to be lesbian.

splat

Smash Lord
Pokemon aren't gay. The move attract doesn't work on pokemon of the same gender. There are some gender confused pokeys though. Female Mr. Mime, Male Gardevoir etc..

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
Some pokemon are gay.......Not jynx though. Gayest poekmon would have to be....meowth. He is always cross dressing.....

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.. Meowth is kinda... out there sometimes. I don't really know which pokemon is gay.. if they even are.. but I have a male Gardevoir... I mean, it kinda confuses me how it can be a male.. with.. those features.. o_0

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Female Mr.Mime and Male Gardevoir would make a nice couple...

But yeah, I believe they made this cross evolution for Kirlia just because Gardevoir looks odd being a male. It's still a kickass looking Poke though.

Micahc

Smash Ace
This thread has gotten fricking off topic. It's supposed to be who should be in Brawl, not who's the most homosexual.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
If they can get Mewtwo's voice actor to do his voice again then Mewtwo should be in no matter what. 'Cause that voice stabs jaws.

And if all the characters get dubbed for English mode...don't dub Mewtwo, especially with Mewtwo's voice from the first movie. :/

smasher_25

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo was awful, and deoxys is the only one besides dragonite who desererves to be in smash.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Looking at this thread, I really have to wonder how many people actually like Lucario, Deoxys, and Blaziken as Pokemon. (Frankly, I hate them all. They're freakishly butt ugly and un-cute, not like my precious dunsparce and wooper. <3)

What makes you people like them at all? "He'd have good moves for Brawl." Yeah, I really dont care. That's supporting Brawl as a game, not the pokemon itself which, I think, is a big mistake. You'd think people would support the pokemon that appealed to them to be in Brawl. Instead, you have people creating perfectly good movesets for perfectly crappy pokemon they probably dont even like. Trust me guys, you want Pokemon in Brawl that you LIKE, and not some shabby Pokemon who would "fit in" better with the rest of the cast. Dont fool yourselves into forcing yourselves into liking these stupid Pokemon.

It might seem fun for you guys to customize your Lucario with his wickedly sweet side B shadowball ("Yeah, that'd be amazing!"), but just think how much more fun you'd have playing with your favorite pokemon whom you actually like. Jigglypuff is a fat ball who has ****** hands, but she's one of my favorite characters in Melee because I LIKE JIGGLYPUFF. (and because she can kick some butt too) How many "popular" pokemon suggested on these boards have similar physical characteristics?

So in a nutshell: Dont let your love for Brawl overcome your love of the characters who make up the game. Please dont make yourself like Blaziken, Lucario, and Deoxys. You'll find Brawl to be a more enjoyable experience if you play with characters you truely love.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
That remidns me!

I was watching thsi flash cartoon, and these two guys were talking, and one of them asked, "How do the guys at Pokemon know which Pokemon to make their mascots?"

And the other guy replied, "Cuteness, and a neat hat." :p

H3L105

Smash Cadet
You brought up some really good points and everything, don't get me wrong...but I seriously like Lucario. And I also think he'd be a good Brawl character. Not everyone in here is just hoping for him to get in because he'd a be a bonified Smash God. Some people seriously do like Lucario. And if you think about it, Mewtwo was a cool Pokemon, but he wasn't any more popular than Blaziken or Deoxys...maybe even less popular than the former.

H3L105

Smash Cadet
Also, sorry I forgot to mention this, but to some extent you have to think about some aspects with characters that you would like getting into the game. For example, my favorite Pokemon since I was about 9 or 10 was Ninetales. But for Ninetales to be in the game would be so unnatural looking. He's...a dog. With alot of tales. Even though he is cool loking, it's still very hard to imagine playing with him.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Yeah, I realize there are people who truely like these pokemon. I'm just thinking that a lot of people are joining the bandwagon on this. I cant believe that 44.28% of those who voted liked Lucario, Blaziken, and Deoxys best. I admit I could be wrong on this, but it doesn't seem likely.

Black/Light

Smash Master
CommonYoshi (Yes, I have come out of lurking in the shadows just to say this) you, for the most part, hit it right on the head.

I don't like to argue on the Nsider or with alot of the members here (the title of this thread shows how much SWF are becoming like the Nsider. . . ) so I mostly just lurk around in threads I find interesting. You would be shocked at the over-the-web peer pressure I see going on. I have seen people simply support the likes of Lucario or Deoxy because ". . . it had a movie, there fore it has more of a chance". Im not going to exclude Blaziken. . .I have seen Grovyle/ Sceptile supporters say " I like Gro/ Scep more but Blaziken would fit-in the best".

And I will be direct, I haven't seen more than one person who actually supports Lucario after seeing him in game. His appeal comes more from looking "coo" and having one lackluster movie to those who don't have the game. . . once those who liked him got the game they saw that he was just arvg and started going ". . . Meh" (as seen in Japan gamers) from the US people I have seen who imported. (He really isn't as unique as people want to think).

Im happy to say that I haven't seen this type of thing happen in real life. Most of the reg people I know that like smash only care about Sonic getting in because they know the game will be kick A$$ nomatter what characters get in but everyone wants the Mario VS Sonic fight. A random smash fan at my school happened to look at me replying on the Nsider about a Blaze or Lucario thread and after I showed him a lucario pic (after he said "WTF is a Lucario?") he said this. . ." Oh, Ehhh. . .I don't want a pokemon just because it looks kind of coo and had a movie. Just look at what they did to Mewtwo. I think Blaziken would be pretty coo. . . man EVERYONE I knew had a Blaziken and named it after somekind of Bar B Q Sauce! It's soo coo, you can give him anykind of Bar B Q Sauce name! ". (I personally like Blaziken because I created a strong bond with her well playing my game, always my fall back pokemon. . . but his reason is just as good)

Just my observations. . .Back to lurking for me.:p

Top Bottom