• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
If your logic tells you your favorite Pokémon can't possibly make it to SSBB, then you can at least hope it will appear from a Poké Ball or as a cameo in a playable stage. Or as a trophy-like thing.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
That's right :). With Super Smash Bros. we enjoy a game series that is a tribute to the Nintendo characters and stories we love so much. That includes Pokémon.

People who like starter Pokémon in SSBB should be happy because chances are that they will appear at least from Poké Balls. That includes Blaziken (I mention him because he appears as second in the poll).

I hope they use large legendary Pokémon as cameos in playable stages (and short ones from Poké Balls). So far, previous Pokémon stages have been really cool but they focus more on the Pokémon species and types than on the actual plot of the games. We'll have now more than three times as many legendary Pokémon as we did in 2001!

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . Im confused, was he talking directly at you bud? Cause it didn't seem like it. .

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If Blaziken was a pokeball character, he should just run towards an opponent and use Blaze Kick...not in a way you could easily dodge it like you could dodge Scizor. Besides...pokeball appearance is better than having no appearance at all.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That would b sweet if every Pokemon could appear out of the pokeballs in BRAWL, including or not including playable characters. Sure there like 500 of them, but htat would be neat. Plus, they should all be more interactive (ex: Charizard using Flamethrower on opponents, while chasing them via flying). Plus hopefully they have a option list of wat Pokemon appear/don't appear, like the items list. The interactiveness, much like Scizor, somewat Clefairy, Snorlax, and Togepy ris better 4 BRAWL! Imagine trhowing a Pokeball, wondering "which 1 of the 500 pokemon is gonna come out!" It will drive u mad with that...doubt memory could hold that...unless they worked on it 4ever.
Then again, BRAWL will probablly come out late 07 or sometime 08! Melee had like 30-50, so I expect up to 100! If they have over 100 I'll b heavily impressed by their loyalty to SSB fans (especially heavy item users), as well as pokemon fans alike. It probablly the most popular item, becuase every1 I no loves them, wether they like Pokemon or not! Plus, they had 2 more generations of Pokemon, adding 2 generations 2 the 2 in Melee (2 many 2's)! This means near double the # of total Pokemon, and a total change in Pokeballs. Also, having diffrent types of Pokeballs (Greatballs , Ultraballs, Masterballs, lol...only 1's i no) would b another cool feature. I guess all we can do is wait it out...& hopefully get a new trailer soon! $100 says they add 2-3 Pokemon at least as playable characters! I don't doubt this, to any extent at all considering how many Pokemon fans there r, & how much $ they have made off Pokemon; BRAWL will probablly have 2-3 new LOZ & 2-3 new Mario characters, 2!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Flareon is actually one of the worst Pokémon ever... But yeah, he's cool looking atleast.

H3L105

Smash Cadet
Ninetales is pretty hardcore though. Easily the coolest fire type from the first 150 Pokemon.

H3L105

Smash Cadet
That would b sweet if every Pokemon could appear out of the pokeballs in BRAWL, including or not including playable characters. Sure there like 500 of them, but htat would be neat. Plus, they should all be more interactive (ex: Charizard using Flamethrower on opponents, while chasing them via flying). Plus hopefully they have a option list of wat Pokemon appear/don't appear, like the items list. The interactiveness, much like Scizor, somewat Clefairy, Snorlax, and Togepy ris better 4 BRAWL! Imagine trhowing a Pokeball, wondering "which 1 of the 500 pokemon is gonna come out!" It will drive u mad with that...doubt memory could hold that...unless they worked on it 4ever.
Then again, BRAWL will probablly come out late 07 or sometime 08! Melee had like 30-50, so I expect up to 100! If they have over 100 I'll b heavily impressed by their loyalty to SSB fans (especially heavy item users), as well as pokemon fans alike. It probablly the most popular item, becuase every1 I no loves them, wether they like Pokemon or not! Plus, they had 2 more generations of Pokemon, adding 2 generations 2 the 2 in Melee (2 many 2's)! This means near double the # of total Pokemon, and a total change in Pokeballs. Also, having diffrent types of Pokeballs (Greatballs , Ultraballs, Masterballs, lol...only 1's i no) would b another cool feature. I guess all we can do is wait it out...& hopefully get a new trailer soon! $100 says they add 2-3 Pokemon at least as playable characters! I don't doubt this, to any extent at all considering how many Pokemon fans there r, & how much $ they have made off Pokemon; BRAWL will probablly have 2-3 new LOZ & 2-3 new Mario characters, 2!

Are you just pretending to sound stupid? As a joke or something?

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman

No big chance that it happens, but it would be totaly awesome, only Mew and Ditto, or everyone. Choosing for only legendaric. Cool!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Did I say that would happen? I bet at least 80 Pokemon will be in BRAWL as pokeballs, if they keep all or 90% of MELEE & return all the SSB 64 Pokemon only, primaraly unchanged. I expect at least 70 Pokemon (Melee has like 30-50 i'm pretty sure...just 40 more at least), and I expect them unchanged from Melee and SSB 64, or only slightly changed mostly. I also want more of the new pokemon to be more interactive, with Scizor as a exellent example. I also would like to c (i don't expect this, but it would be neat) if u could choose which Pokemon appear and which ones don't, much like the items list. Wouldn't that b a sweet feature? That would make the options and give more control 2 the players, the way I like it! Cmon, how would having every Pokemon as a Poekball option not b sweet (i give it a .1% chance, lol)!

MasterGary

Smash Ace
one of the things that make the pokeball a fun item is NOT knowing what pokemon wud come out. if they gave u that option then u cud just put on pure ho-oh's or sumthign like that.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
So does marril.

Flareon? FLAREON? Every time I look at that thing, I think about a metrosexual wearing one of these:

PS: *backhands H3L105 for his prattery*

I dont like Blaziken because it's a pokemon I would make. It's not very original or special at all. I prefered Combusken.

H3L105

Smash Cadet
PS: *backhands H3L105 for his prattery*

I dont like Blaziken because it's a pokemon I would make. It's not very original or special at all. I prefered Combusken.

That kitty looks somewhat similar to my kitty. Anyways...isn't Combusken pretty much the same thing as Blaziken though?

H3L105

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but I mean to say they're at the very least too closely related to make a difference...they're both fire types of the same evolution. idk Lucario is cooler anyways.

Wrath`

Smash Master
They are but Blaziken would probably belong more because he would have moves that combusken does not have.

I think Lucario and Blakizen are both cool.
SOmeone with some scence on both Louie and blaze in it.

If they keep M2 how will they vamp him up?

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
I want another duo, and there's the chance Ice Climbers might not make it to Brawl, so I vote the pichu things

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I still think Deoxys has a good chance, just because some of those would be overpowered (Dragonite, mainly). The overpowered Pokemon should be expected to be in Pokeballs, as well as most, if not all legendary and ancient Pokemon. Giraadina seems too heavy, and is probablly bound to being used in a pokeball. Elecivire is one of the few pokemon that I know of that I think looks pretty cool. I wonder how Elecivire would play...intresting!

I bet there will be 5 or 6 pokemon in brawl, easily. I doubt there will be any less, though i would be impressed (and heavily surprised) if they had 7 or more, and disappointed if they had 4 or less, considering all they need to do is add one. Pichu basically gone, but that leaves almost 500 other pokemon to choose from. That means there tons of diffrent options!

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
I think the Ice Climbers might make it to Brawl. Why don't you think Ice Climbers might not make it to Brawl?
Just saying it's a chance, no reason in particular. Only voting for the pichu twins for the off-chance that the Ice-Climbers do disappear, and I'll still want a dual type character. It was the only reason I could give to vote for any pokemon, because otherwise I don't care specifically which ones get put in.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Just saying it's a chance, no reason in particular. Only voting for the pichu twins for the off-chance that the Ice-Climbers do disappear, and I'll still want a dual type character. It was the only reason I could give to vote for any pokemon, because otherwise I don't care specifically which ones get put in.
Oh, okay.

Don't the Pichu Bros. have their own series or something?

Top Bottom