• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Desukan + Slaking

Get your opponent to target Desukan with a contact move so that their ability will change to Mummy. Then send in Slaking. Assuming they didn't switch out as you sent it in, Slaking can then attack them to get the Mummy ability for itself and discard its Truant ability. They'll probably switch once they see it, but you can just use Pursuit to hit them anyway.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I hope I get my copy today.

I've got some translation things that should help me while playing it. I'm just so excited!

A lot of the Dream World Abilities are extremely good; probably intentional.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So my spreadsheet is finished with Isshu overview, past gen. Dream World abilities, and sprites, but now I'm working on new items and moves. Anyone know where I can find a list them?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So what's everyones team idea on 5th gen?

I'm thinking:

Jadora + Desukan + Ononokusu + Croc Pokemon + Eel Pokemon + Hydra (and if he is legendary, some Pokemon for fly)

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
So my spreadsheet is finished with Isshu overview, past gen. Dream World abilities, and sprites, but now I'm working on new items and moves. Anyone know where I can find a list them?
I've been looking for myself, but can't find it. I find incomplete movelist, and no item list at all.

Steelia

Smash Champion
So what's everyones team idea on 5th gen?

I'm thinking:

Jadora + Desukan + Ononokusu + Croc Pokemon + Eel Pokemon + Hydra (and if he is legendary, some Pokemon for fly)
Futachimaru + Gigaiasu + Zoroark + Oobemu + Wargle (trade) + Reshiram

...That would be my ideal team. But, I'll probably be switching out Wargle for something like Swanna, for Surf/Waterfall/Dive and such, so not to clog Futachimaru. Stupid exclusives... ;_;

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Something I just noticed...
Base experience yield has changed, as some Pokemon give more than 255 base.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I don't know if the yield mechanic has changed, or how many old Pokemon have had theirs changed.

It used to max at 255 (for the Blissey family and Arceus), but now it maxes at 390 with Tabunne (lol). All the new Legendaries have a higher base Experience Yield than 255, too.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I guess that's a nice change. I'll still probably use Rare Candies, though.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Lmao.

My sister apparently downloaded a ROM of Black for use on her R4 last night. Where does she GET this stuff?

Also, Reshiram's cry is really... odd.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Lmao.

My sister apparently downloaded a ROM of Black for use on her R4 last night. Where does she GET this stuff?

Also, Reshiram's cry is really... odd.
I heard the ROM doesn't work so well on the R4.

Also, from what I've heard about Feebas, that is a fantastic change.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I just listened to the low HP music for the first time. I gotta admit, that was very creative on GF's part incorporating the beeping into the game. At least it makes it a hell of a lot less annoying since all I'm hearing isn't just a beep anymore. And it fits well into the tune as well

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Lurking Smogon, found some new stuff.

Items:
Rugged Helmet, Rough Skin Equivalent
Rechargable Battery, Boosts Attack one stage when hit by an Electric-type attack

Moves:

Butterfly Dance, Bug, Boosts SpAtk, SpDef, and Speed one stage
Get Even, Normal, Physical, 70 BP, 100%, Boost if opponent knocked a teammate last turn (1.5 or 2.0 boost, unconfirmed)
Power Share, Averages your and your target's Atk and SpAtk
Guard Share, Averages your and your target's Def and SpDef

XACE-K

Smash Master
I just looked at Serebii's updated version exclusive list and now I know I'm definitely getting White. I love all of it's exclusives except for Churine (the Oddish looking pokemon) but it can be traded for Monmen (the cloud thing which I like better).

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Oh god that Fire/Bug moth is gonna be ridiculous with Butterfly Dance.

Anyone know what Fire Dance does?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Code:
Night Burst	Dark	Special	85	10	95%	May decrease target's accuracy
Nitro Charge	Fire	Physical	50	20	100%	May increase user's Speed
Wind Storm	Flying	Special	120	10	70%	Accuracy is 100% in weather
Fire Dance	Fire	Special	80	10	100%	May increase user's SpAtk one stage
Wild Bolt	Electric	Physical	90	15	100%	Absorbs 1/4 of damage dealt

Moozle

Smash Champion
Wind Storm is really good :o If Aakeosu gets the move, it'll be a great addition to sandstorm teams.

Edit: Oops I though it had 140 Sp. Attack and 112 attack, not the other way around. Oh well, 112 sp. attack is still pretty darn huge :)

M.K

Level 55
I believe you'll get the notice that you are now able to wake the Hihidaruma, I'm not sure there is actually a way to wake them up.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Blegh... I'm getting white too. It has Wargle in it, among others, but I want the buzzard from black. Badly.

I like Feebas not having to be made beautiful anymore, it was new, but sorta...off.

>_< I don't see why everyone hates on the designs for the 5th gen, ESPECIALLY when we've had the epitome of bland that is 2nd, and the epitome of awkward that is 4th.

I mean sure we have an ice cream cone, but we have a family of live pokeballs. That doesn't scream creativity. >_< Not bashing the 'torb, I like it myself.

Also, the lantern is cool.

And types not making sense... Well, I saw ONE that doesn't make sense, and that's dark/fighting dino.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
For some reason beyond my comprehension, Gamefreak decided to give the new ant Pokemon Truant as its dream world ability.

The only way I can justify this is that it has 'ant' in it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Apparently Genosect was a Pokémon intended to be revived by a fossil and powered up by Team Plasma, to create the world's most powerful Pokémon ever. I've seen its stats...

Eat your heart out, Isshu Region. Kanto's here to remind you what's up.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Meh, like Mewtwo can do anything to it. Bam, physical bug move off of Genosect's silly Download-boosted attack. All hail Genosect, devourer of worlds.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Meh, like Mewtwo can do anything to it. Bam, physical bug move off of Genosect's silly Download-boosted attack. All hail Genosect, devourer of worlds.
Genosect's probably my favorite Pkmn from this Gen, but it's nothing a Flamethrower-learned M2 can't handle. ;)
...Also, Genosect can learn Fly. AWESOME.

Top Bottom