• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Now that I've gotten used to all the new Pokemon, I thought I'd take a look back at all the concepts/ideas that I'd wished they'd make into Pokemon, and see how they turned out (in my opinion).

What I wanted: A samurai Pokemon!
What I got: Futachimaru/Daikenki
Futachimaru is awesome, but I wish his design carried over a little more into his evolution (rabblerabblerabble). Oh well.

What I wanted: A flying squirrel Pokemon!
What I got: Emonga
I love it! It's cute, though I wish it were a bit stronger. Who cares, it's cute!

What I wanted: A Water/Ghost Pokemon
What I got: Pururiru/Burunkeru
Jellyfish are not quite what I had in mind, nor do they look particularly spooky, but as Pokemon, they're pretty awesome and I'll take them!

What I wanted: A Grass/Steel Pokemon
What I got: Tesshido, Nattorei
I was hoping for something a bit more sharp-edged, and I don't even know what these guys are supposed to be based on. I guess they're still pretty neat in their own right.

What I wanted: A Fire/Ghost lantern Pokemon
What I got: The Shandera line
SWF-Dex FTW! I love these guys; they're just what I ordered! The middle evolution fits the concept I envisioned the most, but they're all very cool Pokemon.

What I wanted: A polar bear Pokemon
What I got: Kumashun/Tsunbeaa
Ehhh...they're not my favorite designs. Kumashun looks sickly and I wish Tsunbeaa was more buff. However, they're still polar bears, which is great.

What I wanted: A Fire/Bug ant Pokemon, and a Fire anteater Pokemon
What I got: Kuitaran, Aianto and the Urugamosu line
I sort of got what I wanted. Kuitaran is spot on, though I wish his prey was Bug/Fire (and that would be how he got his fire power). Aianto is an ant, at least. The Bug/Fire is a moth, and though it's not exactly what I wanted, it's still a pretty cool concept.

So, yeah.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What I wanted: A Dragon/Fighting type
What I got: Nothing...
Fail... :urg:

DLO

Smash Journeyman
Actually that duck is the only Pokèmon i fear. I mean, he's staring right into my SOUL. Those eyes.
THOSE EYES.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
His lack of a 4x weakness is pretty nifty, though. Sazandora lacks Chomp's Achille's heel.

But I agree, his destructive power isn't up to par with the other pseudos.
But he also lacks Chomps 20% Evasion boost. Yache Berry + Sand Veil = Awesome.

Though I'm disappointed that he's not up to par with the rest of them. I like his look and typing but he just doesn't live up to it.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Does anyone understand the Global Link site stuff? I'm not very familiar with Japanese so I'm having some trouble getting myself up and running on there.

Need a Daisuki Club account apparently but I am having trouble making one? lol

EDIT: Okay, I have a Daisuki Club account now, but I don't know what I'm supposed to enter into the 2 fields to get into the Global Link. >.<

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Though I'm disappointed that he's not up to par with the rest of them. I like his look and typing but he just doesn't live up to it.
At least he beats this guy: :149:

Really, it seemed that Gamefreak forgot to give a lot of pokemon stat-boosting moves. Why the hell doesn't Sazandora learn Dragon Dance? Or Nasty Plot?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Not zuruzuking, he's got dragon dance, swords dance, and bulk up

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Stab Brick Break...

And i just noticed Zuru learns Dragon claw/tail... lol

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I just noticed Genosect learns Fly.

What the hell.

Though B/W have a severe lack of useful Flyers. Mamepoto and its evos learn really bad moves. Sazandora is obtained waaaaay too late. Wargle is there, but he's only in White and is also obtained really late.

Every 'useful' flyer is obtained late... Maybe I'll get that Iron Giant thing.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Nattorei is so awesome.
The type alone would've sold it to me. The fact it learns Power Whip/Swords Dance & SR/Spikes/Leech Seed made me squee irl.

Shame I'm choosing the Grass starter for my first run. :c Also, will run a Zuruzukin set w/Intimidate, DD and Dragon Claw for the lulz.

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
My thoughts about this quiet burning fiend:

It ought to make a lovely Anti-Lead.​

Shandera w/Focus Sash
Modest OR Timid
Flash Fire
4 Atk./ 252 Sp. Atk./ 252 Speed
+ Taunt
+ Nitro Charge
+ Overheat/Fire Blast/Flamethrower
+ Shadow Ball/Destiny Bond

SHANDERA is so fast and magical. If Heatran comes, or Azelf, they're outsped. Infernape cannot pound it down with STAB.

Why Nitro Charge? Well, it increases Speed. You break a Sash and then proceed to kill. If Taunted, massive damage will be done. If not, DB will likely take them down.

A Base 145 STAB Overheat does not take down an Occa Metagross. Tyranitar will give it such a thwack, and watch the sandstorm shatter it to bits. An Aerodactyl takes whatever comes and sets up while you struggle to get through. A Blissey will just be completely walled, but nor can you do anything to it. Watch out for Swampert, who will double-switch.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Sorry if it's been said somewhere, but I skimmed and saw nothing.

has there been any word/news on the English names? I really wanna knowww
Only few confirmed bits of data, mostly for Pokémon names.

Jaroda = Jalorda
Gigaiasu = Gigaias
Gochimu = Gothimu

Other than small bits of the like, nothing major has surfaced.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm going to laugh if they use "Smugleaf", "Wotter", or "Pignition".

Because they will.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Only few confirmed bits of data, mostly for Pokémon names.

Jaroda = Jalorda
Gigaiasu = Gigaias
Gochimu = Gothimu

Other than small bits of the like, nothing major has surfaced.
Those aren't English names; those are official romanizations of the Japanese names.

The only confirmed English names are, AFAIK, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Zoroark.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Huh, I suppose you're right.

That said, as much as I want them to, they're not gonna have Genosekuto's romanized name as its English name, for obvious reasons. A shame, since "Genosect" sounds so cool. Maybe its English name will be "Dennis" (if you get the reference). XD

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
And Chillarmy, don't forget about Chillarmy
I don't think so; "www.chillarmy.com" doesn't redirect to "www.pokemon.com", whereas replacing the "chillarmy" with "zoroark", "reshiram", or "zekrom" does. Then again, that doesn't mean that it's not going to be it's English name, it simply means that they haven't registered "chillarmy" yet.

Chillarmy will probably stay the same.

Top Bottom