• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Colosseum Discussion

Dr Letz Shake

Smash Rookie
I see no Pokemon Colosseum threads anywhere so I thought I should make one, if I'm wrong and totally blind please link where the actual thread is =P

This game is severely underated. It's brilliant. Amazing Soundtrack, unique concepts, stunning visuals. What do you guys think?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The Poke Center doesn't work the same way as most other specific game series rooms, other than like, upcoming mainstream games, we really don't tend to have devoted threads to a specific game, normally we just use the Snorlax room or something to talk about stuff in general.

We just run on a different wavelength, you know?

Oh, BTW this is a really, REALLY old game, so I guess this is better to just casually talk about in the Snorlax Room or something...

Maybe we should get a Pokemon Games general thread....

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I liked old-school Pokemon Stadium.

I still have never fully beaten R2 though because I used rentals only, and that's **** impossible as far as I can see.

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
This was my first Pokemon game. I blame it for my inability to fight at my fullest- some part of me is waiting for Lance to send out his shadow pokemon for me to nab and not focusing on kicking his butt.

I loved this game, which i cannot spell and thus will not attempt. This is probably the reason i'm so vamped for Triple and Rotation Triple battles. Orre-zona was also a lot better than standard regions. Rather than just go from town to town, cleaning up Gym Leaders, and revisiting towns once or twice if theres enough reason, you visit important places a lot, like a more real story.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Interesting.

Well:

Pros:

Jirachi Bonus Disc
Shadow Pokemon
Doubles
Legendary Dogs
Battle Mode

Cons:

Too short
Purification takes too **** long
Useless sidekick
No Celebi :(

I enjoyed it for the most part.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I remember this one rumor saying that If you took a pokemon holding a Time flute (used for instant purification) and transferred it to pokemon Ruby or Sapphire, You could use it to get a Celebi. I actually bought this for a while, as the time flute was a regular, holdable item. I never had a link cable, so blegh, prolly not true anyway. Anyone else heard this rumor before?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, this thread is perfectly fine. We generally don't have threads about the games, but that's just because they don't tend to generate much discussion and die. If this thread dies, so be it, but I'm certainly interesting in discussing Colosseum.

That said, OP, maybe we could expand it to Colosseum / XD discussion, since the games are so closely related?

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the Shadow Pokémon games. I loved Colosseum in the first place, despite its flaws, and XD took what Colosseum had and improved it tenfold, in my opinion -- though, I still prefer Seth's character design, since he's actually decently aged compared to most Pokémon protagonists.

One of these days I'll take the time to purify all of the shadow Pokémon in Colosseum.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Liked Collousieum a lot (not as much as Stadium 1/2) but enjoyed it. Disliked the lack of a way to run though. Loved the character designs, felt great to finally play a character more appropriate aged for infiltrating and assaulting a vast evil empire.

Still need to finish XD, the friggin sister that tagged along made me dislike it. gonna have to force myself to play it more. That and I picked the thunderstone to evolve my eevee and later decided I wanted an espeon :c

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Fun fact: You know how every Pokemon game has a specific starter Pokemon that makes the game easier, ex Bulbasaur in Red or Cyndaquil in Gold? In XD, that Pokemon happens to be Espeon.

Poor, poor Mic :V

Wrath`

Smash Master
Loved Colosseum, It's where I got the Tyranitar I still use today in game. I remember hating it tho as I used the in game masterball on Metagros thinking it was the final battle, and then bam the mayor dude was the real evil

Top Bottom