• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't want to jump to conclusions (especially since this has happened so many times before), but...

If these are FINALLY G/S remakes, I will be really happy, especially since I just started replaying Gold and finally got a working Crystal and am remembering just how awesome that generation was...

Good times, good times...

c3gill

Smash Ace
Im expecting this to be something cool involving the DSi- and Im assuming they will wait a little longer before announcing the next gen, as Platinum only came out.... what, a month ago? ( i loses track of time easy)

Mewter

Smash Master
I don't want to jump to conclusions (especially since this has happened so many times before), but...

These ARE FINALLY G/S remakes, I will be really happy, especially since I just started replaying Gold and finally got a working Crystal and am remembering just how awesome that generation was...

Good times, good times...
Fixed.
Can't wait either.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Im expecting this to be something cool involving the DSi
Better not be. If this thing is DSi-exclusive someone will die, because then I have to buy the piece of crap.

Fixed.
Can't wait either.
There have been far too many rumors to say it's confirmed until we see REAL confirmation, so I'm stickin' with what I said for now.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I thought this post on NeoGAF was pretty neat, too.

I can confirm to you all that this announcement is indeed a Gold and Silver remake as I JUST heard news of it from my buddy in Treehouse who has known for a while and while I knew (and actually told through PM a few people on GAF) I feel as though now is as good of a time as any to let everyone know.

Release is Late 2009 Japan release, Spring 2010 America.

Also, expect an announcement soon after E3 of a new Wii based Pokemon game compatible with these new games as well as Platinum.
Link if anyone's curious: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15698464&postcount=141

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Hmm, they just released Platinum in America a few weeks ago, and the next game is already about to come out? Nintendo really does know how much of a goldmine Pokemon is...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Actually, it's been a little more than a month now, but yeah...

Although, Spring '10 isn't exactly "about to come out", in my opinion.

Still, Nintendo has to know that Pokemon fans will fall all over this one. We've been asking for it FOREVER.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I have Pearl, so there's no way I'm gonna spend money to buy Platinum when it comes out in the UK.
However, I would buy a G/S remake, as it is the only Pokemon Generation I have never played.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Heard some discussion about GSC remakes on Shoddy last night, didn't think they were remotely true... awesome.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'd still prefer a game that combines the worlds of all four generations to pave the way for a 5th gen that will completely restart the franchise completely, basing it in another part of the world completely, far away from the Japan-based regions we know already. This would set up a world that could host an entirely new 150(1) Pokemon with no connection to the past four gens (besides maybe Tentacool and Magikarp).

But whatever, G/S remake would be alright.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'd still prefer a game that combines the worlds of all four generations to pave the way for a 5th gen that will completely restart the franchise completely, basing it in another part of the world completely, far away from the Japan-based regions we know already. This would set up a world that could host an entirely new 150(1) Pokemon with no connection to the past four gens (besides maybe Tentacool and Magikarp).

But whatever, G/S remake would be alright.
I would love that too, but I've thought it over many times and have discovered it to be nearly impossible with how each of the games have been introduced into the series. I would go further into this, but it's sort of a lot to explain. :\ If you really want to know, just shoot me a pm or something.

As for what I think, GSC remake is really the best thing I can think of them introducing right now. And with that alone, it makes me hyped for this announcement. :D

Niiro

Smash Ace
ew, it better not be something dsi exclusive. that thing is so stupid.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I am so hyped for this. If you think about it, it would be the only promising first party Nintendo title that's officially announced.

*waits for E3 to prove me wrong*

Croija

Smash Rookie
So keen for a G/S remake, hopefully that's the announcement they're making.

It won't be DSi exclusive, not without backwards compatabiliy. Although, it would be an excellent way to boost the sales of the DSi.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Let's just hope the batteries don't just decide to erase all your data on these games:)

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Serebii said:
Earlier today, in the Pokémon Sunday variety show and it's website, it was announced that, during their episode next week, they shall reveal a world-exclusive bit of news. Their website states this will be done within the Game Area of their show so it is more than likely a brand new game. There is much speculation as to what the game is, with the general consensus being a Gold/Silver remake which does match up with some new figures of Chikorita, Cyndaquil & Totodile being released in Japan on September 19th 2009, but nothing is confirmed yet, so if you see other sites reporting it as a specific game, remember it is not confirmed that it is that game. CoroCoro is also due out soon after that so that should also contain information on the game announcement. We'll bring you more on this as it happens so keep your eyes here
^Seems interesting. First off, they'd better expand Kanto. I'd absolutely love that. Or add another region same size as Kanto, I don't mind that.

But yeah, I've never actually played GSC besides a little unsaveable bit on my computer. Got a Typhlosion then was done. However... this might bring Cyndaquil up on my favorite Pokemon list, seeing I haven't played with him much.

Oh, and new moves (much like how Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant) were for FR and LG. Hoping that this really is a GSC remake, that way I can see why so many people think it's the best generation!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It better be a GSC remake, that would be pretty awesome.

Of course, it would have to be named something like Pokemon Glittery Gold/Shiny Silver.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I love to be a kill-joy, so...

Has "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky" been officially announced for a U.S. release? Or is the official announcement set for the tenth?

rhan

Smash Hero
I have Pearl, so there's no way I'm gonna spend money to buy Platinum when it comes out in the UK.
However, I would buy a G/S remake, as it is the only Pokemon Generation I have never played.
You are missing out. G/S/C is the best out of all the pokemon games. I'd still play my Gold version if I didn't lose it. :(

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
You are missing out. G/S/C is the best out of all the pokemon games. I'd still play my Gold version if I didn't lose it. :(
It was also the biggest of all Pokemon games.

I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played yet, but beating the Elite Four of G/S/C is only the first half of your adventure.

Incidently, I like the names Quick Silver and Fool's Gold.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I love to be a kill-joy, so...

Has "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky" been officially announced for a U.S. release? Or is the official announcement set for the tenth?
Mystery Dungeon EoS is already out in Japan, so yah. This is national to..

Well.. I have to say I'm looking forward to this game whatever it is. There is no OFFICIAL word of it being a GSC remake, but it's mostly possible. I'd really find anything better than 4th generation as of right now. Kind of boring me.

I just hope they fix one thing that they didn't do to Platinum enough: MAKE BATTLES FASTER. I know I can just turn off animations easily, but even then they go too slow. Platinum kind of fixed this but I still prefer 3rd generation battling over anything else.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Mystery Dungeon EoS is already out in Japan, so yah. This is national to..

Well.. I have to say I'm looking forward to this game whatever it is. There is no OFFICIAL word of it being a GSC remake, but it's mostly possible. I'd really find anything better than 4th generation as of right now. Kind of boring me.

I just hope they fix one thing that they didn't do to Platinum enough: MAKE BATTLES FASTER. I know I can just turn off animations easily, but even then they go too slow. Platinum kind of fixed this but I still prefer 3rd generation battling over anything else.

Have you tried increasing the text speed?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't wait for it to be announced!

..I'm getting me a red gyarados and a Typlosion!

I just read the news about it.

How much more obvious can they get with it by showing gold and silver pokeballs? There is going to be some retribution if they get our hopes up and reveal something else!

Top Bottom