• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon stadium 1 banned?

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
now that the edges have changed in pokemon stadium 1 since melee, will this stage no longer be neutral? i wish there had been at least one neutral carry over from melee.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Why? O.o I love Green Greens and Pkmn Stadium 1...

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
The list is no where you idiots. Stadium 1 will not be banned. Stop making crazy statements and think about what it takes to ban a stage first.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Dude, Pokemon Stadium should TOTALLY get a band! Are you serious? It's a giant-*** auditorium, get K. K. Rider in there as a huge ***-kicking world tour show!

...Or something.

And yeah, it's still pretty neutral as a stage IMHO.

Mama

Smash Ace
I see no reason to just ban it. The windmill is really annoying now though.

And I also see no reason to care if all the Melee stages are banned since there are more Brawl stages I like anyway.

Icelement

Smash Cadet
I see no reason to just ban it. The windmill is really annoying now though.

And I also see no reason to care if all the Melee stages are banned since there are more Brawl stages I like anyway.
Keep in mind though, that maps won't be banned unless YOU really hate them. Don't be unfair to the other players.

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
i could see why all the melee stages would be banned though...the only other one that comes remotely close to neutral is corneria...and i dont care for getting wallshined too much.

but yeah...that windmill is really annoying.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
The windmill isn't annoying enough to warrant a ban, at least not at any of my tournaments. I'm keeping it as neutral for now.

KonradGabreil

Smash Cadet
I think it will be banned, though I am against the decision.
IMO, I think that the stage makes you utilize all of your characters moves, and, in some cases, utilizing all your skill WITH your character.
NOW, I think that some characters are amazing in the air (Falco, Tlink, etc.), but there are also some who really aren't, imo, and I will let you come to your own conclusions with that.

perezo

Smash Cadet
Well the only aannoying thing is when it becomes a mountain, people hide at the left side of the mountain. It's really cheap.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Pokestadium1 will not be banned, it will be neutral.

Look at battlefield in melee, not only were the edges crap but they were glitchy.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
To my knowledge, no stage is banned, as there isn't an official list or anything.

If anything, it's now a counterpick. There is NOTHING that could get it baned if temporary infinite shining and camping spots were there and it was still Neutral.

~Strong Bad

tense

Smash Cadet
Was there any reasoning behind people saying that all melee stages should be considered banned? No one's said that yet on this thread, and I haven't seen it anywhere else yet.

Adi

Smash Lord
Yeah the new PS' windmill is awful, and the edge has weird mechanics. Change it to Counterpick imo.

Wrath`

Smash Master
dudes, this will be neutral, damzn.

and what "edges" are we talking about, I have yet to experience anything wrong when i recover here. if we keep looking with a pesimistic outlook we will be stuck brawling on one stage whiel you go an bann the rest

Krusiv

Smash Rookie
dudes, this will be neutral, damzn.

and what "edges" are we talking about, I have yet to experience anything wrong when i recover here. if we keep looking with a pesimistic outlook we will be stuck brawling on one stage whiel you go an bann the rest
They're probably talking about the conveyor belts on the sides.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
The fact that they messed with the windmill really pisses me off, but not enough to warrant a counter pick, let alone a full out ban. Haven't had any problems with the edges.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
In 1 week of Brawl I got battlefield'd more times on PS1 than I ever did in my 7 years of Melee on the actual Battlefield, on top of that the windmill is just plain silly sitting there spinning and whatnot. However, I don't think this is reason enough to ban it I still think it's a semi decent level(Didn't really like PS in Melee that much) and should be counterpickable at least

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Lol, the stage will stay Neutral. It won't be Counter-Pick, much less banned.

The windmill is far less disruptive than the Rock formation ever was/is. The edges are not glitchy, they simply have a corner like FD does, only smaller and tighter to the stage. Characters with tighter edgegrabs out of recovery moves like Wolf just need to sweetspot less into the stage, going for edge, not the nook. Pretty simple.

Top Bottom