• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer (Red!) Discussion

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
That is a good point, but you also have to think about it like this.

The Chikorita line can use Vine Whip like the Bulbasaur line, yes? Then how about the Turtwig and Treecko line? They can't learn Vine Whip, so they cannot recover the same way a Bulbasaur and Chikorita would.

Look at Squirtle. He might use Rapid Spin or Hydro Pump to recover, but Totodile, Mudkip and Piplup don't move the same way Squirtle do.

It just seems way too complex to expect the alternate trainers to have alternate Pokemon as well. There's a chance that the alternate trainers will be costumes, but having new Pokemon designs take over Ivysaur, Charizard and Squirtle? Seems like a bit much.

And thank you. ^^ Today has been a very good day for me. I want to make a Brawl team in Pokemon Diamond now because of the announcement. XD

the grim lizard

Smash Master
THe pokemon trainer doesn't fight because that's the job for his slaves, the pitied Pokemon. They have to do his bidding, even sacrifice their lives for him. D:
the fact technically you control the pkmn kinda relieved me a little..
Is that what you were freaking out about?? It said in the update that you control the Pokemon, not the trainer...>_>

Their colors reflect their type, water, grass, fire.. you wanna make Charizard blue? :/

I guess doing the accessories thing again is possibility.
Are you talking about all pokemon? >_>; Abra is a yellow pokemon that has the psychic typing not the electric typing. Octillery is a red pokemon that has the water typing... not the fire typing. Numel is yellow and fire type... Jumpluff is blue and grass type... >_>;

I think an alternate costume would be their shiny forms! I would love to see a green ivysaur and a black charizard!

Rune

Smash Lord
Are you talking about all pokemon? >_>; Abra is a yellow pokemon that has the psychic typing not the electric typing. Octillery is a red pokemon that has the water typing... not the fire typing. Numel is yellow and fire type... Jumpluff is blue and grass type... >_>;
Nah, was talking starters.

Markus Aralius

Smash Cadet
F yeah guys this is sick, i was so psyched to see this update! this is really going to be an amazing game i thing, im glad to see they are reaching far beyond what they did with melee...
the count down continues we'll see whats in store tomarow morning

Dynamism

Smash Lord
F yeah guys this is sick, i was so psyched to see this update! this is really going to be an amazing game i thing, im glad to see they are reaching far beyond what they did with melee...
the count down continues we'll see whats in store tomarow morning
Give credit to the IC's for opening this game up. Zelda too. WTF is next!?!?!!?!
I like tints for colours...that's all they need.
I FINALLY GET CHARIZARD!!!! YES!!!!!
I'm guessing he'll have the flying ability like Meta Knight and Pit. Ivysaur will grapple the edge of stages with vines and Squirtle will have a Koopa like UpB, but higher and not as far.
What's Charizard's B gonna be? Flamethrower!!! BLAAHHH!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Their colors reflect their type, water, grass, fire.. you wanna make Charizard blue? :/

I guess doing the accessories thing again is possibility.
Well I'm guessing they could have one alternate color [all Pokemon have one alternate color], and also have the party caps, bows, and watno as needed.

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
i wounder if he would have other pokemon because in the game you are able to have six pokemon maybe the other pokemon might be in his final smash or when he is at a moving stage he will be on a flying pokemon.

i wounder if he would have other pokemon because in the game you are able to have six pokemon maybe the other pokemon might be in his final smash or when he is at a moving stage he will be on a flying pokemon.
That'd be cool to see him on Pidgeot or something... Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Snorlax, Gengar, Pidgeot... Wasn't that everyone's team or something? It'd be cool if you could like alternate pokemon between those 6... Although it will never happen... X_X;;

tect

Smash Journeyman
Maybe for color changes, they could have different trainers you could appear as. Kinda like in the recent Pokemon games, you get to play as male or female trainers; maybe it could work like that.

As for the Pokemon themselves, I can't see anything other than headwear or other accessories to distinguish them.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i like the idea of different trainers being alt costumes. i could see red, blue, misty and brock. that way the anime and games get equal rep

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Give credit to the IC's for opening this game up. Zelda too. WTF is next!?!?!!?!
I like tints for colours...that's all they need.
I FINALLY GET CHARIZARD!!!! YES!!!!!
I'm guessing he'll have the flying ability like Meta Knight and Pit. Ivysaur will grapple the edge of stages with vines and Squirtle will have a Koopa like UpB, but higher and not as far.
What's Charizard's B gonna be? Flamethrower!!! BLAAHHH!
High five for charizard! His up B could be FLY which works like a warp stay where you fly off screen and land a little left or right (by holding a dirrection) nad hit the ground with an impact.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Maybe for color changes, they could have different trainers you could appear as. Kinda like in the recent Pokemon games, you get to play as male or female trainers; maybe it could work like that.

As for the Pokemon themselves, I can't see anything other than headwear or other accessories to distinguish them.
I imagine having a normal appearance of each Pokemon. Then there is a party hat outfit for each, a ash-like hat for each, and another hat for each. And then a diffrent coloring for each. Squirtle is dark blue, ivysaur is orange, and Charizard is black. And with the color alternation you put on the party hat, ash-cap, and another hat for each, but also with color changes. That's 8 Pokemon outfits.

For the Pokemon Trainer him or itself, have each alternate outfit be a diffrent outfit. Have the male and female rep of all 4 gens as the 8 outfits. You got 8=YIPPE! :)

Edit: BTW, Dizzynecro, NICE SIG! :) FALCON PUNCH FTW! :)

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I wonder if Zelda/Sheik will have stamina this time if Sheik returns.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
I have like the most comments on my sig on the whole site i swear.
probably cuz its so awsome.

KevRed

Smash Apprentice
So Kirby will have 3 copy abilities from 1 character? talk about awesome.

Also, i wonder if each Pokemon has a different final smash o_o
it's probably not likely, but it could happen.

-KevRed

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
So Kirby will have 3 copy abilities from 1 character? talk about awesome.

Also, i wonder if each Pokemon has a different final smash o_o
it's probably not likely, but it could happen.

-KevRed
Im thinking 50/50 it will be individual final smashes or ash sending out a legendary.

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
Red's Final Smash may be:
Fire + Water + Grass Trio Elemental attack.
All three will be on screen at once.
Or Red will just send out another Pokemon that will last until it gets KO'ed

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
im thinking each will have their own uber power

charizard will have siesmic toss from the anime which did major damage
squirtle will use tidal wave
and i don't know what ivysaur could use

Tidal Wave? You mean surf right?

Ivysaur could use Solar Beam...

Blast Burn would be better than seismic toss cause seismic toss would probably be limited to one character

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman

seismic toss could be his up throw.. :)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Lots of replies.

I'll just reply to someone who doubted that the trainer will also be able to turn into trainers from other generations because these starters are directly connected to the first generation.
Well, I beg to differ.
If they had taken any other set of starters, the connection to their respective generation would be undeniable.
However, these are the very first starters, the very first Pokemon in the list. They are by far the most iconic. They are essentially just like Marth: "Main protagonists" from the first game in a long series of games with characters that change each time.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
i am thinkin the final smash for PT will be him summoning some ultra brutal pokemon as opposed to having 3 individual final smashes. its gonna rock either way though (still so stoked about the update)

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Lots of replies.

I'll just reply to someone who doubted that the trainer will also be able to turn into trainers from other generations because these starters are directly connected to the first generation.
Well, I beg to differ.
If they had taken any other set of starters, the connection to their respective generation would be undeniable.
However, these are the very first starters, the very first Pokemon in the list. They are by far the most iconic. They are essentially just like Marth: "Main protagonists" from the first game in a long series of games with characters that change each time.
agreed.....

Top Bottom