• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PokeMonday @ Next Level Lan, Orlando, FL

Eddosan

Smash Cadet
http://www.nextlevellan.com/

Join us for an evening of battling, trading, and general Pokemon madness! Side tourneys like 4v4 Doubles, 3v3 Ubers, and Lv. 20 Level Cap may be held based on attendance and popularity. THERE WILL BE PRIZES!

WHEN: 6:00 PM - August 2, 2010

WHERE:
University Corporate Center
6947 University Blvd.
Winter Park, FL 32792

WHAT TO BRING:
-Nintendo DS
-Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, or Soul Silver
-$2

FORMAT:
-3v3 Singles via Pokemon Battle Revolution (Level 50 All)
-Double Elimination/Single Elimination (depends on attendance)
-3 Pokemon minimum per player
-Players will be given a chance to see their opponent's pokemon before each battle, and must strategically select 3 pokemon against 3 of their opponents' pokemon.

-All participants must be registered before the cutoff time given for each event.
-Players will have to fill out a sheet with the pokemon they're using. Throughout the event, you will only be allowed to use what's on your sheet. Players caught modifying their team will be disqualified.
-Please, PLEASE, DO NOT USE HACKED POKEMON. Pokemon Battle Revolution has a built-in hack detector, and will not let anyone using hacked pokemon into the game at all. If PBR catches you using hacked pokemon, you will be given one chance to get another team together. Otherwise, you will be disqualified.

ADVANCEMENT:
-Participants are expected to be ready to play when their names are called. After one minute, participants not ready will forfeit the match.
-PLEASE remember to tell the tournament organizers who won a match.

CLAUSES:
-Species Clause
A player's team may not contain two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number.
-Sleep Clause
Two or more Pokémon on a team cannot be asleep at the same time. Self-induce sleep via rest does not activate Sleep Clause.
-Freeze Clause
Two or more Pokémon on a team cannot be frozen at the same time.
-Evasion Clause
Moves that boost evasion (i.e. Double Team and Minimize) are not allowed. Moves that reduce accuracy, like Sand Attack and Flash, are allowed.
-One Hit KO Clause
One-hit KO moves are not allowed.
-Self KO Clause
If both players have only one Pokémon left, moves which KO both the user and the opponent are not allowed (e.g. Explosion, Destiny Bond). If recoil damage would cause a tie, Self KO Clause does not activate, and the player who last attacked is the winner.
-Hax Item Clause
Quick Claw and Focus Band are not allowed.

BANNED POKEMON:

*Rotom Appliances cannot be used in Pokemon Battle Revolution

(Pokemon VGC List)
-Mew
-Deoxys (all forms)
-Manaphy
-Darkrai
-Shaymin Sky Form
-Arceus

(Smogon Uber List)
-Garchomp
-Salamence
-Wobbufet
-Wynaut
-Mewtwo
-Lugia
-Latios
-Latias
-Ho-Oh
-Kyogre
-Groudon
-Rayquaza
-Dialga
-Palkia
-Giratina (all forms)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'd advise using a better hack-check system. IIRC, PBR's only checks for hacked EVs. Otherwise anything can get in.

ss118

Smash Master
The way PBR hack-checks is by looking at the location. Even with a good hack-check, people could easily abuse the RNG to get perfect IVs. That's not "hacking", per se, but it does remove the element of actually working to get the pokemon's good IVs.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
The way PBR hack-checks is by looking at the location. Even with a good hack-check, people could easily abuse the RNG to get perfect IVs. That's not "hacking", per se, but it does remove the element of actually working to get the pokemon's good IVs.
RNGing is hard work in itself >.>

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's the GTS that hack-checks by Location (among other things). PBR doesn't IIRC.

Eddosan

Smash Cadet
So pokemon on both lists are banned, correct?
Yes. I just wanted to include Pokemon VGC to have some credibility with the locals that don't know smogon. However, the list in its entirety is based on Smogon's uber tier.

I'd advise using a better hack-check system. IIRC, PBR's only checks for hacked EVs. Otherwise anything can get in.
PBR's probably the best thing we have so far, aside from blatantly obvious things like a Charizard with Thunder or a sweeping Shuckle. We can also do random checks on stuff like OT, ID, and catch location. If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. ^^

Honestly though, last time we had a PokeMonday, one girl had to change her team completely because her other team was hacked and PBR wouldn't let her in. So it worked out pretty well in that situation.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
She used a hacked team with impossibly high stats, then. That's PBR's only check.

But the easy checks are: moves, ability, and location. If no red flags show up there, then the only things not being checked are hacked EVs, and PBR kicks those out. Between them nothingbut "legit hacks" can get through. There are even tricks to get those out too, but they require an AR.

ss118

Smash Master
RNGing is not hard. Anyone that says so is lying lol.

I don't thinkt there's a problem with legit hacks but meh w/e. So basically we have a team of six, show the pokemon to the other player prior, then pick three to play with.

Eddosan

Smash Cadet
RNGing is not hard. Anyone that says so is lying lol.
I wish I could RNG, but I don't have my own non-radar'ed shiny.

I don't thinkt there's a problem with legit hacks but meh w/e. So basically we have a team of six, show the pokemon to the other player prior, then pick three to play with.
I don't have a problem with legit hacks either, since what matters in the end is each player's skill. It's just that PBR hates badly hacked Pokes, so if it doesn't work out for the player, they're responsible for getting another team together or facing disqualification. Also as a non-hacker, it's nice to have a level playing field (i.e. almost impossible odds to get the right Hidden Powers on legendaries, among other things).

Needless to say, I will be very suspicious of things like HP Ice Zapdos and HP Fire Shaymin.

And yes, both players' teams will be shown, then each player picks 3 out of their 6.

Top Bottom