• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poker Table Survey

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
Hi,

I am on a Design and Technology course at my school and it requires me to design and make a product. I have decided to make a poker table.
The main element and unique point of this table is that it can be set up and be stored away easily.

I want to do some research into what regular poker players would look for in a poker table.

So here are a few questions:

1)On average how many players do you play on 1 table?
2)Do you usually play with a set dealer or does the dealer depend on where the dealer chip is?
3)How many colours (chips) do you usually play with?
4)Do you prefer felt or wood as the surface of a poker table?
5)How often do you eat snacks when you are playing and if so do you have trouble with space?
6)Average size of cups when drinking at the table (estimate of diammeter)
7)What aspects would you like in a poker table/other suggestions.

Thank you for your time.

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
1) I would suggest making a table for eight players since thats usually the most amount of players that can play one game of poker

2) The dealer chip goes around

3) Four usually

4) Felt

5) I think making space for snacks is a good idea

6) 3-4cm

7) Markings for the river in the middle

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
1. 8-10 players. 8 is probably easier than 10, and works fine.

2. Depends on what the event is. We've done both.

3. Again, depends on the event. Usually 5 colors, so as the blinds go up, we can color up.

4. Felt for sure, but not the kind you get at walmart. Look into quality felt from a fabric store. Tell them what you are using it for.

5. Don't waste table space for snacks. But definitely add cup holders to the border.

6. Go buy a solo cup (those red/blue plastic ones you ALWAYS see) and measure for that.

7. Don't mark the middle of the table with spots for each card. That's silly. Just make it solid green, or else have a logo imprinted in the middle.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
1) 8 players.

2) Set dealer that is not involved in the game (not playing), but there is a dealer chip that is passed around like the Big Blind and Small Blind chips as well.

3) Colors of what? The table, the cards, the chips, or a combined total of those?

4) Felt if you are playing without snacks, Wooden if you are. It is easier to throw in chips on a felt table and not have to worry about them sliding/hitting the surface as hard as on a wooden table though, so you might need to evaluate the trade offs.

5) I usually only have a drink, but other people bring snacks. Usually don't have trouble with space, but if more players are seated at the table then there might be some problems.

6) 1.5inchs-2inchs.

7) Spacious table with plenty of elbow room and enough room to where I don't feel like people can look at my cards easily. Also, don't make the table completely circular, make it more oval like. Just not by too much though. Cool poker Logo in the center, Green fabric, figure out a good height for the table.

Top Bottom