• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

Hylian - Snake
Guest - Ice Climbers
Ch33s3 - :troll: || But in all seriousness, Meta Knight
Smoooooooooooom - Snake
Toobusytocare - Meta Knight || may have voted elsewhere
kackamee - Meta Knight
B0NK - Snake
Rubberbandman - Snake || May have voted elsewhere
(Lux) - Pokémon Trainer
2-DJeff - Peach

Smoom77

Smash Master
Uhhh.

This is an odd question. Irrelevant unless you tell us why you're collecting this data.

The reason this makes no sense is because your most important matchup would be the character most used in your area. But what if you travel oos every weekend? Then it would be every matchup because there's so much diversity.

So please explain better.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Changing my vote to snake.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Uhhh.

This is an odd question. Irrelevant unless you tell us why you're collecting this data.

The reason this makes no sense is because your most important matchup would be the character most used in your area. But what if you travel oos every weekend? Then it would be every matchup because there's so much diversity.

Which match-ups someone finds important is completely subjective. Just because someone may have a lot of DDDs in their area doesn't mean that DDD is their most important matchup because he/she may find the MU to be insanely easy for them so they don't worry about it. Even if he/she travels out of state every weekend and there is no majority of characters he/she plays in any given tourney, one may still have a match up they feel is important. They don't have to follow a criteria specifically entailing "which character has the most presence in the tourneys you attend = most important character mu"

tl;dr: Speak for thine own self. :p

Personally it's the IC ditto for me. o.o Just because it's so different from all of the other MUs so I feel you really have to change the way you approach it.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Meta Knight.

He's the only character that I feel I sometimes lose to even if I'm the higher skilled player. He's also, IMO, our only truly disadvantaged matchup.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Uhhh.

Personal opinion. I know results will vary.

All will be made in 4-5 days. Just trust me on this please. :urg:

I would say diddy, just because I feel like it's the hardest match-up to play without much prior knowledge. After would probably be snake.
Pick one. I put Diddy.

Personally it's the IC ditto for me. o.o Just because it's so different from all of the other MUs so I feel you really have to change the way you approach it.
Cool. One of the first that realized I'm allowing ditto votes. Also I think this is the first ditto vote. *thumbs up*

Meta Knight.

He's the only character that I feel I sometimes lose to even if I'm the higher skilled player. He's also, IMO, our only truly disadvantaged matchup.
:troll:

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm going with Snake because most people don't quite understand how to do a regular bthrow-dthrow chaingrab. Without the chaingrab, it hurts the matchup. Plus you gotta know how well he can punish things with his ftilt that's so big, DACUS that can punish you when you're not expecting to be, and uptilt because you gotta know stuff like uptilt beats it.

;-;

I don't like voting.

Smoom77

Smash Master
there's been a lot of drama in houston regarding PR voting sooooo....

i didn't vote in that one so I was tempted not to vote here either.

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah, just go to their public profile, click user lists, and put them on your ignore list. Problem solved for you.

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
lol nah, but i have seen lain and cheese get beat by yoshi... in more then one occasion, and i struggle with yoshi, very very good yoshi in my province, second on the PR, i have lost in winners finals to him twice now, just a personal character i find difficult to play against.

also sup bandman been a while since i went MIA and we talk on skype with cheese and them. is that skype group still around? lol

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
lol nah, but i have seen lain and cheese get beat by yoshi... in more then one occasion, and i struggle with yoshi, very very good yoshi in my province, second on the PR, i have lost in winners finals to him twice now, just a personal character i find difficult to play against.

also sup bandman been a while since i went MIA and we talk on skype with cheese and them. is that skype group still around? lol
Yeah, I made a new skype chat though, you gotta add me on Skype. We sometimes do some good research. The rest of the time we just chillin.

Near.

Smash Rookie
Snake

He's the Icys worst matchup for a reason; my friend plays snake and its impossible

Top Bottom