• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I feel like meta knight is the most important matchup to learn, simply due to the abundance of meta knights, even though there aren't that many meta knights in my area.

D

Deleted member

burnstocks SuSa's snake is borderline ranked
Its burntsocks not burnstocks :p

1. No its not even close to being ranked (no offense)
2. I beat hall, who is ranked, a few months ago (he has played me many times and beat me many times so its not like he doesnt know yoshi at all)
3. i beat mojo, who is better than susa, at SD in tournament
4. Snake is bad and only unorthodox snakes like hall or super reactive snakes (idk if theres any good reactive snakes in cali) make it hard
troooolll but seriously

D

Deleted member

Game and watch is pretty simple though difficult.
Mk still strikes me as most important, theres a lot to learn and a lot of different ways to play him depending on how they play.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
After 7 months of playing competitive i'll list Some characters (Not all) that I've played in tournaments and out of these i'll choose the one I know nothing about but had a hard time winning/losing against willist in the fight.

Meta Knight - Faced only decent ones, no pro MK's yet in tourney sets.
Snake - Morningstar Big boss Pyledriver and Mike2 the only snakes so far. I can handle this MU though
Diddy Kong - No pros yet, beat them all.
Wario - Pyle's Wario I beat, Loko's I could've beaten but suicided in tourney set.
Marth - Played only Nike's Marth but never beaten.
Olimar - Played Tofer and denti, beat Tofer's lost to Denti's.
Pikachu - Only Pikachu i've played is K Prime, lost all matchs against him.
G&W - No pros yet, but they're kinda difficult to win against.
ZSS - Only played Paw, won against him barely.
Toon Link - Played Santi only, lost once to him, Beat him at Laurels Ragequit
R.O.B. - heytallman only I believe, Beat him.
Pit - Wingless, random pit, -Krystedez-, Beat two lost to Krys
Peach - Only played Castro, He beat me once in tourney set, I beat him at Laurels Ragequit
Luigi - Only Big Lou, lost badly against him
Sonic - Espy and Turbo, Beat Turbo lost to Espy
Samus - Only played Xyro, Almost won but sadly lost.

For a MU Yoshi probably needs to learn and also a bit difficult... My vote goes towards Game And Watch

:320:
Just needed a vote man. =P But thank you.

LMFAO you fool

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
maybe marth is our hardest (beside lucario)
but in relation to all of the mk's and snakes out there, the mu necessity isnt that important

the most interesting mu's for us i think, are still mk and snake, because there are way too much of them, and they are top
i'd really think that mk is the most important mu for us
the next top char i was thinking about is diddy. but the mu isnt that hard so: mk and snake for #1 imo

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Diddy is harder than snake IMO. Also, marth isn't terrible. Toon Link and wolf are more difficult from my experience.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Diddy is harder than snake IMO. Also, marth isn't terrible. Toon Link and wolf are more difficult from my experience.
If you get familiar with the nanners, it becomes a lot easier.
and snake... is snake.. he's just hard.
yoshi can be as annoying as diddy himself, just by using the nanners properly

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well, diddy isnt very hard either. Snake just never dies so it takes 5 mins to get one kill. But if you play uber gay, you shouldnt be dying either. Just deltacod the whole game.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Well, diddy isnt very hard either. Snake just never dies so it takes 5 mins to get one kill. But if you play uber gay, you shouldnt be dying either. Just deltacod the whole game.
No, you should **** Snake until you have a very large lead, or until you're a stock up, and then you should Deltacod until you find a very very very easy opening. snake can't catch you if you use platforms.

And this, kids, is why you learn to not stale your uair.
Eh, sometimes you need to juggle with it. Still, this lets you kill with Usmash on the ground, which is weaker, but still easy to land on an airborne Snake.

Snizz

Smash Rookie
Pretty much Lucario and Wolf. They're annoying as hell. Lucario's got that Dair and that invisible aura range which I always underestimate when it comes to distance. Same thing kinda happens with Wolf and his forward smash, he always gets closer than expected. Metaknight....well he's metaknight some I can beat, others I can't, its just a top tier rule like with Snake and Diddy, it really depends on the status of the player.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
That's a pretty good point. If he comes back, I'll unlock it for him upon his request.

*lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom