• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #12 - Cheapest Character?

Cheapest Character?

• Doctor Mario

Votes: 8 0.6%
  • Mario

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Luigi

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Bowser

• Peach

Votes: 199 15.7%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 5 0.4%
  • Donkey Kong

• Captain Falcon

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 9 0.7%
  • Falco

Votes: 86 6.8%
  • Fox

Votes: 134 10.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 52 4.1%
  • Kirby

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Samus

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • Zelda

• Sheik

Votes: 325 25.7%
  • Link

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • Young Link

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Pichu

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • Pikachu

• Jigglypuff

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • Mewtwo

• Mr. Game & Watch

Votes: 9 0.7%
  • Marth

Votes: 276 21.8%
  • Roy

Votes: 13 1.0%

• Total voters

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who sent me PMs with suggestions for polls. I really do read them and think about them, and this one is actually a variation from a PM suggestion.

So, who do you think the cheapest character in the game is? Are you going to go with the c-stick 'n' grab ***** Marth, or the annoying, up-smashing, shining Fox? Falco's pretty **** annoying when he gets you in those dair-shine-dair combos. Let's not forget Dr. Mario's cape, though, or Sheik's swat. And don't even get me started on Samus and Peach's get back.

So, overall, all things considered, who do you think the cheapest character is? Personally, I'm going to have to go with Marth, primarily since my three mains (Doc, Marth, and YL) have a difficult time fighting them. One tip and Doc's dead, YL is always at the range (when he throws ****) to get c-sticked, and Marth v Marth fights, while fun, can be incredibly unbalanced (if you're down to one stock 90% and your opponent has 2 stock 0%, it's still anyone's game). How about the rest of you, chi?

Edit - oh, I almost forgot - Peach's down C-stick. Man, that's worth it to almost change my vote alone.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Where is the poll? :s

Anyways I think Peach is cheap because she is very difficult to kill, especially with Marth.
I can chip on damage all day but Peach doesn't give a turnip.

EDIT: lol I'm too quick

Some more stuff: In teams, her cheapness exponentially rises. Since noone is solely focus on killing her all of the time, she'll live to 300% before anyone notices

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Marth because all you need to win are arials and grabs and the forward smash >_>
Marth's forward smash is about too broken. And he comes along with an incredible grab range too.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Who said Pichu!!?? Ha, I got a kick outta that!

Cheapest character, definately Sheik. Out of every character, she takes some of the least, if not the least skill to use. D-throw is broken, can chain grab more than half of the cast, and those who she can't get to eat several free f-tilt's u-tilt's or a ridiculous f-air. Needles block out pretty much every projectile. "Samus shoots a fully charged shot only to be out prioritized by a simple needle.... "

JFox

Smash Hero
Where's Sheik...easiest meta game, no need for L cancels, ridiculous change throw, counters almost anyone, and she is the best character in the game.

Glide

Smash Ace
I'd go with Peach. Excellent edge-guarding, minimal lag on aerials, powerful shield eating game, strong projectiles, and crazy recovery. Lots of priority on b-airs, and the constant possibility of that one random stitch-face. It's pretty rough.

F8X

Smash Ace
JFox said:
Where's Sheik...easiest meta game, no need for L cancels, ridiculous change throw, counters almost anyone, and she is the best character in the game.
Gotta agree with JFOX on thsi one. Sheik is just a Cheap Character, it is very easy to be good with sheik. No need for the time and practice like fox or any other respected character :-P
M'kay

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
I hate Marth and his **** "twaa" (up-b noise), just chain throw and short-hop, forward-air spam and you die to easly.

I should be lucky Sheik cannot chain-throw in PAL but Peach more than makes up for that, especially when force of habbit makes you crouch-cancel when she down samshes.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Sheik Sheik and Sheik.

Very good Throws to combo, very good recovering move, can do like 3 different attacks in one aerial juggle all of them strong as hell to knock out ,her anoyying missile that can spike from affar and is multihit , lighting fast dash attack that set up for combos, good clear move (down smash) , very strong up smash and the nasty forward slap that kills everything in sight.

Not to mention her speed and ability to recover from her own lag after an attack.

Garath331

Smash Apprentice
Hasn't it been reviewed over and over that there is no cheap? Just playing to win. The only cheap thing I would ever consider is forcing someone to play an FFA.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
I'm going with Sheik on this one. Her 0-to-death combos are very easy to learn; just F-tilt to the edge then F-air and BOOM! they're dead. Marth and Fox were close, but you have to space your attacks with Marth so you hit with the tip every time, and you have to actually get good with Fox to be cheap with him. Sheik wins in the cheapness contest.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Garath331 said:
Hasn't it been reviewed over and over that there is no cheap? Just playing to win. The only cheap thing I would ever consider is forcing someone to play an FFA.
Well, I'm not saying that something is or isn't cheap, because in tournaments everything goes. What I am asking for, though, is what character, as a whole you think is "cheap" in the general sense. This shouldn't be used to base any tournament decisions on - I just thought it'd be a good poll to see how people view certain characters.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Fox.

All my characters get screwed by his shine. Bye Samus, Falco, Doc.......

OwenMar

Smash Cadet
Well I recently fought a skilled Sheik as Link. At first I got my *** handed to me but I've been catching on.
f-tilt on land and air piss me off. f-tilt in the air just sends me on a low trajectory....but the again I do need to practice all over again since I stopped playing melee a while back. Plus I'm new to the forums and there's a wealth of info here for me to abuse....though it's hard to do so with Link.

zamorac

Smash Rookie
Samus is cheap. She has her sneaky arsenal of projectiles and is quite nimble. All she has to do in a free-for-all is evade everyone until they get a reasonable amount of damage, and then she pops up and shoots them of the screen with a fully charged charge shot.
And of course, jigglypuff with her instant kill and that rolling attack that is quite easy to kill people with.

J Dawg

Smash Cadet
Because I'm a Doc. I'd have to say Marth as well.

I don't really think there's such thing as a cheap character.
If you can defeat the character, It's all good
If u can't, Its a good character.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Dude, Fox is the cheapest because not only is he one of the most powerful in the hands of a master, he's also the most powerful in the hands of a noob. That pestering blaster...that insurmountable speed. Even if a noob doesn't know how to shinespike you, he can still spam F and Up smashes.

Still, I wouldn't trade my precious Fox for the world.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
you guys are all idiots, Ice climbers are THEE CHEAPEST CHARACTER IN the game! CHAIN GRAB ANYONE! ANYONE

need i say more?

random person : hey ken who would you rather fight? IC's or Marth

Ken: MARTH anyday, freaking IC's are soooo cheap~!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
IC's ofcoarse. I sooo frickin hate the chain grabbing.

McRustyJr

Smash Lord
its so marth, he has a frickin long *** sword. u cant use a weapon thats cheating. and wen he hits u off the edge he wont let u get bak on. thats just cheap rite there. if u hit sum1 off the edge, u let them back on so u can fight again. thats how fighitng games are.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Definitly Peach her turnip edge guarding and the fact her air attacks out prioritise everything really add up her cheapness.She kills people too easily.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Marth HANDS DOWN! Ken doesn't know what he's talking about. Almost every character can DI away from ICs chainthrow if done correctly. Marth is CHEAPNESS!!! All you need to do to win a match is c-stick and Ken Combo, Ken said it himself lol.

He out ranges, out speeds, and out grabs almost every character in the game. Every grab leads to some sort of combo, be it another grab, f-smash or an aerial. Not to mention that almost all of his combos either lead to a f-smash or d-air, both which pretty much guarantee a kill. And even if the f-smash doesn't kill you, Marth can edge guard like no other!!! CHEAPNESS!!!

ICs are just hopeless lost Eskimos caught in a world that they don't belong in. They're so bad that the designers had to give you two of them! And if one dies you're useless. Sure they can Wavesmash but what's tha tuseful for when a Marth outranges every one of your smashes?!

Any one right now, who would you rather fight, ICs (not Chu's) or a Marth (not Ken's)

I'm not too fond of Peach either, cant spell Cheap with out Peach. She's just not as dirty as Marth

Volasko

Smash Ace
Peach, any character that has a random chance of pulling out instant kill items is cheap!! Plus that D-smash is just too powerfull of a move not to have any **** lag after its over. At least with Marth you can punish the hell out of him after sheilding his f-smash, peach well shielding her move just gets u owned.

Aiser

Smash Lord
I kinda agree with Ken that IC's are pretty ****ing cheap, however over all Peach gets my vote second is IC. Peach has way to much priority its disgusting hate hate hate her. I main link and I'd rather play against a good shiek then a good peach =\

mathos

Smash Champion
I think its interesting that the higher tier the character is the more "cheap" they become.

Cheap is for people that dont understand their opponent. A character may be easier to play but not cheap.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I seriously hate Sheiks and Samus'.
Sheik-broken,the tilts,priority,speed
Samus-dsmash,missiles edgeguard,ridiculous recovery.Samus may not seem the most cheap,but she has a very high potential of being played cheaply.
Peach as well of course.Her priority is absurdly unfair and thats pretty cheap.I dont hate peaches though,a knee sorts them out pretty quickly.
To some extent I'd agree with Ken about the IC's.They CAN chaingrab everyone and when together I find them overpowered.but it isnt easy to play with just one climber and as long as it isnt chu its not that hard to separate them.

JFox

Smash Hero
Why is everyone saying Fox is cheap? Because of the shine spike? Shine spike is ridiculously easy to avoid. You should not be gimped by a shine spike unless the opponent manages to pull off a lucky infinite shine combo, which is very very rare. He is really tough to play, and I don't see why everyone is calling him cheap.

Mic128- Why does Fox's shine bother you Samus so much?

I'm surprised no one is voting for Falco. Falco's ridiculous SHL allows him to be played by anyone and requires no mindgames. His spike is absurd. And his shine combos are pretty annoying. He counters half the cast, and has no weakness. He is too good.

As for Marth, Sheik and IC, the reason everyone hates them is because of ridiculous chaingrabs. Chaingrabbing ruins the game IMO. I wish they did something about it.

Chimerical_Carl

Smash Rookie
Why is no one mentioning Marth's Down B counter move? that thing is annoying as hell! Mind games galore though.. That can be fun.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Marth's forward smash-1 point, Fox's shine and U-air kills-2 points, Peach's down smash, floating, and turnips-3 points. Peach wins. I would love to say the cape is cheap, but it takes some skill to time it right. Also, no one has said Pikachu because apparently no one has had to deal with a tail whip expert(takes your double jump). If I had a second vote, I'd give it to Pika. A third vote would not go to a character, but the entire sex kick itself, even though Luigi has an excellent one.
Leech, if you're reading this, I hate the tail whip.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Sheik all the way. That fair and downsmash are horrible. And her combos against fastfallers! Bah.

Top Bottom