• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #12 - Cheapest Character?

Cheapest Character?

• Doctor Mario

Votes: 8 0.6%
  • Mario

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Luigi

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Bowser

• Peach

Votes: 199 15.7%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 5 0.4%
  • Donkey Kong

• Captain Falcon

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 9 0.7%
  • Falco

Votes: 86 6.8%
  • Fox

Votes: 134 10.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 52 4.1%
  • Kirby

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Samus

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • Zelda

• Sheik

Votes: 325 25.7%
  • Link

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • Young Link

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Pichu

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • Pikachu

• Jigglypuff

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • Mewtwo

• Mr. Game & Watch

Votes: 9 0.7%
  • Marth

Votes: 276 21.8%
  • Roy

Votes: 13 1.0%

• Total voters

InfiniteFalco1337

Smash Cadet
This is getting ********, Sheik is not cheap, neither is falco,Fox or marth, noobs believe they are cheap because of there certain moves, marth's blade, Sheik's speed and tilts, Fox's speed and priority(highly doubt noobs know what priority is but anyway) Falco's Pillars.

kyokunchan

Smash Rookie
Peach
Fox
Ice Climbers
Sheik
Link
Jigglypuff
Marth

I would have to say that they all are pretty cheep...

Eggm

Smash Hero
Ice climbers win this, hands down by the highest margin possible. The fact that 1 grab = 1 stock on every single character in the game, exculding only maybe another ice climber, is absurd, yeah you can say don't get grabbed, but honestly COME ON, thats nearly impossible. Thats just... so cheap if you ask me, peach/shiek are highly overrated IMO too, they aren't that cheap, just DI up and d smash hits you once, peach is only cheap if every pull is a death turnip(stictchface)

arrowhead

Smash Ace
but shiek can still do a good amount of damage before she reads DI wrong. not too many people can do wobbles, and doesnt shiek get easier grabs than ICs? If ICs grabs make them cheap by the largest margin, shiek should recieve SOME recognition of cheapness instead of saying how shes overrated

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Pichu is cheap. He has thunder and damaging himself is a really good mindgame.

I hope people can sense sarcasm

CHUK

Smash Ace
I would say Peach without a doubt, then Marth, his priority and range is rediculous and wave dash forward smash destroys everything. I have seen people that I easily 4 cap be good with Sheik. I beleive Sheik takes less skill than any other character, thats just my opinion.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Link can be cheap, normally my friend pulls out a bomb, throws a boomarang, throws the bomb, and shoots at me with arrows, not to mention he can be a pain with that up + B edgeguarding.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
bomb/boomerang/arrows aren't exactly the best projectiles out there. All three combined are worst than Fox's sasers, Falco's sasers, Peach's turnips, Samus's Missles/charge beam, Young Link's bombs/boomerang/arrows, etc.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I know. It doesn't do much, it only slows my flow, I never get killed because of them. It's just annoying....

arrowhead

Smash Ace
how is fox's laser better than all of link's projectiles? all it does is a miniscule amount of damage that doesn't add up to much. link's you have to try to avoid since it stuns

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to say Kirby with the Kirbycides.

Just kidding, he's easily my favorite character, even though I would never play competitively with him.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Why do people call Sheik a freakin boy... Honestly...

Marth, Fox, Falco, Peach, Samus and Sheik. I guess that's my 6-in-1 vote. Hmm, 'high tiers'. Doesn't that strike you as 'odd'? That 'high tiered' characters are 'cheaper'?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
how is fox's laser better than all of link's projectiles? all it does is a miniscule amount of damage that doesn't add up to much. link's you have to try to avoid since it stuns
Fox's laser is harder to avoid since it's way faster and because of how fast it is, it racks up way more damage. Watch a video of a good Fox player spamming and you'll notice how fast they can rack up damage with just lasers.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I do manage to rack up high damage with my laser when my friends start spamming the same moves, funny how to combat spamming I had to spam :chuckle:.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
Fox's laser is harder to avoid since it's way faster and because of how fast it is, it racks up way more damage. Watch a video of a good Fox player spamming and you'll notice how fast they can rack up damage with just lasers.
so if link's projectiles were replaced by fox's laser and somehow he was able to SHL like fox but keep everything else the same, he would be better than he is now? or is the laser just better cause fox's mobility allows him to abuse it better?

Gran Smasher

Smash Journeyman
so if link's projectiles were replaced by fox's laser and somehow he was able to SHL like fox but keep everything else the same, he would be better than he is now? or is the laser just better cause fox's mobility allows him to abuse it better?
hum.. I was about to inmediately say "Hell no! Fox´s blaster is better by nature", but, after thinking a while, I have to admit the answer is not that easy. I totally agree that Fox's blaster is better than Link's three projectiles, but, if Link had Fox's blaster instead of his arrows, bombs and boomerang, is quite hard to analize if he would be better. Fox's blaster is great, but Fox's gameplay suits it perfect. Since Link is slow and not that nimble, he needs projectiles that stun the opponent, otherwise, he would be an easy target(well, more than he already is!). Indeed, with the blaster, Link would do way more damage, but he would be hurt more often since the opponent won't have any obstacle to get to him. My conclusion is that the blaster does more damage by far, but Link needs those projectiles to compensate his gameplay. So, my answer is weird but makes sense: the blaster is better than those three projectiles, but Link needs his projectiles more than a blaster.

Whirlwind

Smash Rookie
I think that 'cheap' means a character than anyone can pick up, and then win or do extremely well just by button mashing his way through the match. HENCE: Peach, flight powers, damage absorbtion, super side-b attack,
Sheik: insane speed, needles, and that CHAIN!

Gran Smasher

Smash Journeyman
I think that 'cheap' means a character than anyone can pick up, and then win or do extremely well just by button mashing his way through the match. HENCE: Peach, flight powers, damage absorbtion, super side-b attack,
Sheik: insane speed, needles, and that CHAIN!
Your definition of cheap is quite accurate, but, you call Sheik's chain cheap??? Not even in a million years, the moments where that chain is useful are too less and the same goes for Peach's side B. Sheik is fast indeed, but to say "insane speed".... actually, Fox is way faster. I got to admit Sheik has some cheapness (just a little), but is deffinetively not because of its speed.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
I find it strange how top tier people are considered most cheap. lmao

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
I was goona say shiek because of how easy it is to techinally play her

buttttt since ice climbers have like 7 diferent infinite combos im goona have to say them

i mean commmmme on theres TWO OF THEM.

IC's

Top Bottom