• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #2 - How Old Are You?

How Old Are You?

• 10 and below

Votes: 3 0.3%
  • 11 - 12

Votes: 20 2.1%
  • 13 - 14

Votes: 155 16.1%
  • 15 - 17

Votes: 402 41.7%
  • 18 - 21

Votes: 346 35.9%
  • 22+

Votes: 37 3.8%

• Total voters

D.A.

Smash Apprentice
I am 16 years of age and will turn 17 in August, I have a driver's license, but no car, what a shame...

Digamma

Smash Journeyman
Hey Koichi, just wanted to say, great polls so far and I look forward to the new ones.

Anyways I'm 16, 17 later this year. It's good to know there are smashers my age because I really had no clue. =)

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Woah! Someone's 10 and below! That's cool. I wonder if they pwn at smash. That would rock. A 10 yearold beating everyone at Smash. Speak up, I say! Speak up!

Digamma

Smash Journeyman
Uncle Meat said:
Woah! Someone's 10 and below! That's cool. I wonder if they pwn at smash. That would rock. A 10 yearold beating everyone at Smash. Speak up, I say! Speak up!
That would be pretty interesting, I don't know if I'd say it would rock but it would certainly be interesting. Man, I was intrigued when I heard about Bombsoldier and what with him being 14? after I saw his combo vid. So under 10 would be like, messed.

I know this is completely off-topic but I just noticed that at this time Uncle Meat's post count is 606 and Skylink's is 607... WEIRD...

Oh and an Idea for a future poll would be: Where do you most often play smash? (I.E. your home, friend's home, school, solely tournaments etc). Just throwing that out there.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I'm seventeen. Born on the day of all fools in the year of the dragon. [1988]

And for nextweek's poll, I'd have to say, How long [/since when] have you been playing Smash. It's got a simple, definite list of options, whereas others like, "why did you pick your main," might leave out the reasoning of several individuals. So yeah...that is all.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Nihonjin said:
Actually Immortal people do age...they just don't die :lick:
That's why when you wish for immortality you **** well better remember to wish for eternal youth...otherwise, you'll just keep getting older and more feeble, and really chi'd up. :p

And hey, maybe the 10 and under guy is like the Lil' Poision of SSBM ^_<

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I'm sure this has been suggested before, but ask how long people have been playing smash. If they think they've noticed a marked improvement in their skills. If they've been able to find other people to smash with or at least talk strats and stuff. If they think it's good community, or if it mainly turns away newcomers. Oh, and if they have adopted teh smash terminology or still call things by their own names (waveslide, froghop, whatever).

Sorry for the lack of complete sentences, but it's late.

Zero7

Smash Rookie
It's been so long since I posted but I sort of blame that since I'm 18. I don't have alot of time to do alot of the things that I want like post messages on smashboards.

Digamma

Smash Journeyman
Kokichi said:
And hey, maybe the 10 and under guy is like the Lil' Poision of SSBM ^_<
That would have to be, like the coolest thing ever. I've always wanted to play him but I would get so brutally killed lol.
(For those of you who don't get this Lil' Poison is this kid who is like 6 or 7 and he's appearantly really really really good at Halo.)

Oh btw, go 15-17 age group! ^^

Sorry I forgot, welcome to the boards NeoOmega and yes, there are plenty of us smashers. ;)

Linoud

Smash Rookie
I'm 14. :o I'll be 15 in august. >>; How about what's your favourite music theme for a poll? Neh, it's worth a try, I'd probably pick Fire Emblem for catchyness. XD

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Skylink said:
...Uhh, I'm 13...:ohwell:

And i like the Idea of polling about if you have an Action Replay. Hopefully it will convince others to buy it and see how cool it is.:chuckle:
The AR thing would just be yes/no... kind of boring.

I'm 14... we should MM for like 1000 dollars.

JFox

Smash Hero
When did the first smash come out? Cuz....I started when the first one came. And now, I'm 18 and still goin strong.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Yeah, anyone wanna check the release date of SSB? I still remember I was too young to even think about driving then, and that I got it at Toys R Us because I didn't go to a Gamestop...weren't Pokemon cards big then too? And I remember riding my bike to my friend's house everyday after school to play Smash for hours...good times, good times.

WeedLuigi

Smash Apprentice
I am 21...I faintly remember playing pokemon yellow but I guess I became to old to play more of it.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Kokichi said:
Yeah, anyone wanna check the release date of SSB?.
GameFAQs says 4-26-1999 for the US and 11-19-'99 for Europe.
And just for another poll idea to put on the list, how 'bout "What time of day are you normally on Smashboards?"

[P.S. Good times...] ;)

Yokoson

Smash Journeyman
The Smash scene is so young. As long as more babies appear the scene will never die! I bet we get a whole new batch with Smash3 if Nintendo plays their cards right. And hopefully the oldies stick things out so we can have a nice spread at tourneys (and I don't look out of place).

20, turning 21 March 19 (Spring Break!).

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
yea im surre there will be a new "ken" and a new set of rules and shizit when the new one comes out. im 18 and i think ill be into the SSB series for at least another 3 years.......maybe.
But hope fully the young kids get good. the 11-14 year olds ive played play for "fun" and not to get good. i hope that changes on SSBR.

Krekko

Smash Apprentice
15, will be 16 in late March. I feel like if I go to a smashfest or small tourny I will be the youngest one, and everyone will be around 23 =P

Top Bottom