• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll of the Week #4 - How Much Would You Pay For SSB3 Downloads?

How Much Should SSB3 Addons Cost?

• <$5

Votes: 38 11.1%
  • $5-$10

Votes: 61 17.8%
  • $10-$20

Votes: 48 14.0%
  • $20-$30

Votes: 31 9.0%
  • $30-$40

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • $40-$50

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • $50>

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • I don't care, I'd pay anything!

Votes: 54 15.7%
  • Nothing, it should be free or I ain't buying!

Votes: 78 22.7%

• Total voters

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Okay, time to begin our 4th PotW (****it I should really be doing Japanese homework now...I have so much to do, and a test tomorrow at 9 AM....arghh). This week I ask about SSB3 downloads. With Nintendo coming out with their online system, I wonder, will they follow in the footsteps of M$'s Xbox Live? In Halo 2 you were able to pay extra for new maps (or you could wait about 3-6 months for them to come out free). I personally never dropped the gil to get the maps, because I knew that they'd be coming out for free anyways. PC games are following this style as well; BF2 is now releasing "bumper packs" as opposed to full blown expansions, each one basically a big patch (or a small expansion) that you pay extra for. I don't think I'd spend money on those either. However, with SSB3, I'd have to reconsider whether or not I'd be willing to spend money on upgrades.

So I ask you, how much are you willing to spend to get a new character / item / stage? Let's assume that when you buy one of the "mini-expansions" that you get some of everything (i.e., one character, two stages, a few items and options, etc.). That way we remove the argument of "Well I'd pay for a new character but not new items." Let's also assume that if you don't buy the addons when they come out, that in 6 months they'll be free.

I think that I personally would pay $20 max for any kind of add on. Anything more and I'd have to reconsider (or just make my friends buy it). What about the rest of you?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That'd be roughly $14-$21 US.

If they make new characters, stages, ect, I believe they should be free.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Free! I'm a poor 13-year old guy without income :p Also, they will become free so it's just to wait. :) Or go to friends with the upgrades :)

Vall3y

Smash Lord
if it will be like the GC, and i wont buy any other GC game besides few, then i am willing to pay alot... 50$>

rezz

Smash Journeyman
well going back to my rune scape years i wood say 6 bucks..............but i sead that ssbm is beater and i got alot of mony but im cheap so i say 10-20$
:yoshi:
:goomba: <oh snap....

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
For one character, two stages, and a few options? No more than $5, and that's if the character looks 1337. But if there's an expansion pack w/5-6 new characters, 5-6 new stages, and 5-6 new items, I'd probably pay up to $15 for that.

I think if Nintendo releases downloadable material, it should be $1 per character or stage or item, and there should be certain packages that save people money. Or it's free for certain people. Like those who get the "You've played 4,995 versus matches! That's about a cent a bout!" bonus.

Oh, and those prices I mentioned are if SSB3 is as awesome as I expect the sequel to SSBM to be. If it's not as good as SSBM, I probably wouldn't get any downloads.

Krekko

Smash Apprentice
I'll pay for any amount just long as it doesn't go overboard. I bought all the expansions for Halo 2, and I didn't like that game nearly as I do this one, so surely I will be buying anything they put out.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
If it's worth it (a fair amout of stages, items, characters), then I'd pay around 15$ max, but if they did, they probably wouldn't release it in such high quantity, so I wouldn't be paying. Free is good.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Around 5-10 is already high enough. Really why should it be expensive? You can always buy the game at Ebay if it's too pricy. XD And then again, around $20 is kinda high, do you expect anybody actually do that? =/

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
Depends on how good the add-on actually is. I'll pay a max of $3 for a character, $5 for a stage, $1 for a trophy (if they continue with that), and $2 for an item. If just playing the game for a helluva long time unlocks stuff, I'll go with that.

Of course, free is good too.

DeadManWalking

Smash Rookie
StripesOrBars said:
Someone please post something stupid so we can argue.
You asked for it. XP

Why would you want to download more stuff for the frickin game!? It's gonna kick enough @$$ as it is, so we don't need to download more stupid crap to try to make it "better" and more "fun!" Geez, you people are never satisfied! :mad:

Some one had to do it. :p

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
I really don't think nintendo will make us pay for new maps or characters. I don't even think they'll release new ones. If they did I'd probably pay <5$ for it.

If it were 300$ and i had that much id buy it,(the game) but if it was any more id steal it. :laugh:

for downloads...60$ max!

Nigzel

Smash Ace
i took 5bucks, and that's if: lets say, one new upgrade per month. 10-20, HELL NO. 6-9 times per year, 5, "that's ok". what im talking about is upgrades, not bug fixes and such.

DaPerson

Smash Apprentice
I would pay whatever they charged myself, unless it was something outragous like the price of the actual game. Heck, i might even pay a full games price if it was 7 chars, 12 stages, 20 items, or something of the sort. Although, i doubt that would be the case seeing as nintendo is trying to push their new system as the affordable one.

IF nintendo does offer upgrades, which they probobly will, then they would probobly be free, maybe
10$ at most.

Skylink

Smash Lord
A house made of brick, wood, and plaster (I think)
I don't really care. My parents or whatever do all paying for my game related stuff. The less often I ask, tho, the more they're able to pay, usually.

It's not really worth more than 20$ EVER. .................. :ohwell:
I dunno. Whoever buys it first might talk about it. And, like a few of you said somewhere before, a one time thing would be very nice, or at least scarce updates, or free updates.

Top Bottom