• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: Would you rather have Sakurai work on the dlc ot would you have him fix the online

choose

• Total voters

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Ah yes, I'd love to see Sakurai, the only person who is working on Smash content currently with NO HELP, fix the online.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
How to fix the online: make more characters for me to use online

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Given the choice between the two, I'd pick online by a mile. It has always been laggy since day one. Give us regional options a la Mario Kart 8, and most of the input lag will vanish overnight.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I'd say DLC. Online can only be "fixed" so much, people's net connections are ultimately going to determine how well that works. Ideally you'd be match with people within your region first before it gives you someone on the opposite side of the world but whatever. Also FD only sigh.

More characters however woo!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's best he continues with DLC since there ain't **** we can do about the online since shane pretty much summed it up on the issue.

salaboB

Smash Champion
It's best he continues with DLC since there ain't **** we can do about the online since shane pretty much summed it up on the issue.
Not actually true, there's better netcode than what this game is using.

I believe even Mario Kart's netcode is better.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe there will be any more character DLC until October... (Maybe stage dlc but that's it) Sakurai is hyping tournament mode up for next month so I believe we will get Online lag fixes to make tournament mode more enjoyable.

NixTrix

Smash Rookie
NNID
NixTrix
Definitely DLC. Online = Net Fighting as you are too. I love knowing too that they are having polls to see what the community wants in terms of adding to the roster.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I don't believe there will be any more character DLC until October... (Maybe stage dlc but that's it) Sakurai is hyping tournament mode up for next month so I believe we will get Online lag fixes to make tournament mode more enjoyable.
Same....i think in august we will get tourney and stage and in october we will get 3 more chars. And more you know Mii costumes and maybee more stages but then i believe thats all for Smash DLC it will be over by the year.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
I'd say DLC. Online can only be "fixed" so much, people's net connections are ultimately going to determine how well that works. Ideally you'd be match with people within your region first before it gives you someone on the opposite side of the world but whatever. Also FD only sigh.

More characters however woo!
In the game mario strikers charged ( if anyone remembers that game). When you went online and you got paired with someone, it will show you how good the connection is. It also allowed you to decline or accept. I wish smash 4 did something similar to that.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
In the game mario strikers charged ( if anyone remembers that game). When you went online and you got paired with someone, it will show you how good the connection is. It also allowed you to decline or accept. I wish smash 4 did something similar to that.
There is some hope they might add more and improve things, Tourney's are coming with online modes and the new improved nintendo account rewards system thing coming at the end of the year could allow for them to make any changes in case they were holding back due to that.

Top Bottom