• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

magnet20

Smash Rookie
@Joeadok:
Those are some pretty good models. From the interface my guess is that you use Blender3D? I dabbled in 3D modeling in Blender for a while, though it never really got anywhere. I gave up once I got to rigging and texturing and gave up even more when trying to use UV maps.

@Everyone Else:
As far as programs go there are two I mainly use. I sketch in openCanvas4.5e and color/ink in PaintTool SAI. I tired Photoshop and gimp but they didn't work out well for me for some reason, at least for drawings. Both are excellent for making signatures and photo editing. Also, I have a DeviantArt.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I think im getting out of my art block <3 I've been on a drawing binge since i bought a new sketchbook/mechanical pencil/microns and now my sketchbook is all colory~ <3

Sadly, comp is still out of comission along with scanner unless i use my dad's computer

aish

Smash Journeyman
Saw your journal about your tablet loki xD I say installing the tablet driver through the wacom site instead, since it's updated and things ouob

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Saw your journal about your tablet loki xD I say installing the tablet driver through the wacom site instead, since it's updated and things ouob
ZOMG!!! <3 I HASNT SEEN YA ON SWF IN FOREVER ; A ;
I'll do that when i get my computer back xP Tech guy has it since i ended up not being able/was too lazy to fix it myself

matt4300

Smash Ace
Please do! ^o^

Might wanna leave out the part about the *****... Might give people the wrong impression >_>

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Eh, I think I'll post it tomorrow...

And the ***** must be included because they are extremely important and relevant to the plot.

edit: still can not get over this. I... want this on a coffee mug, on a giant poster in my house, on my PS2/Xbox/Wii.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nikon D5000. I <3 it so.
Ah. I can tell it was a DSLR due to the blurry background effect.

I just recently bought a D3000. I could've gone a step up and got yours, but I couldn't afford it. Now, if I ever wanted to get a better camera, I'm sorta screwed since they're so pricey already. It's fine, though, as I don't photograph enough to require any better.

Good picture, and I want to see more.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
ahh, i love it. the ladybug is perfect. have any more pics with 'cute' bugs and flowers?--caterpillar, butterfly,etc.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Those cameras are no joke. If you want to see those bugs, you'll want a picture of them at a distance because they aren't pretty up close.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Cammycario

That is so cool!!! That's some top notch work! In fact i think i'll do my own one. I shall name it, Dandoof!

matt4300

Smash Ace
Wtf? This thread didn't move for like 4 days, and now everyone likes cammycario?
Its weird that I put all of 2 hours into cammycario, and zero makes that hilarious post along with a cammycario appreciation thread. That people Joined!?! awsome...

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Wtf? This thread didn't move for like 4 days, and now everyone likes cammycario?
Its weird that I put all of 2 hours into cammycario, and zero makes that hilarious post along with a cammycario appreciation thread. That people Joined!?! awsome...
Well yeah...

And her comes a new challenger? :urg:

Anyway I'm kind of put to shame by matt4300, but I tried :ohwell:

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
my newest piece--made it a couple days ago, finally uploaded!!
it's Drumstick from DDR--

i gotta fix that eye though.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Gee, I wonder where the inspiration for that piece was from . . .

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Since we're posting pictures, here's something I've had in progress for a while ~

I sorta not sure how to make a destroyed city. This is what i did without reference. I'll include the side walk at some point.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's also in the plans. I just felt I had to draw them out before I tore them down . . . Fortunately, each building is a Layer, so it'll be easy to outline where I want to break them.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
More road signs.

It'd look cool if you had a few crooked stop signs/bus stop signs/etc. near the to-be sidewalk.

Also, maybe like a broken down looking bicycle in the street to show that people were once there but then something happened. Depends on what sort of destroyed city you want I guess.

I don't like Drumstick in DKR. He's not that great for being a hidden character. Tiptup all dai.

Your painting of him is great though.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
haha, thanks guys; yeah, zio, it came from doc's avatar. i actually joined swf bc i paint ssb characters and my bro introduced to me to here...

i dont limit myself to just ssb, i do a variety.

zio--i can see what youre going for and i really like it, im sorrie, i just cant stop staring at the crooked line. when it gets closest to the edge of the piece, it expands oddly.

but i especially love the detail of the broken buildings in the back. ive seen some of your work, and youre really good at what you do.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
im gonna go work on a piece rt now so we can have 4 posts for the next 5 days about it.

thinking about landscape but i really want to do some more fun pics--ill surprise you guys!

XD

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Since we're posting pictures, here's something I've had in progress for a while ~

I sorta not sure how to make a destroyed city. This is what i did without reference. I'll include the side walk at some point.
You know, your picture reminds of the opening of this one show, 12 oz mouse.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
-cries tears of joy- MY COMPUTER LIVES ; w ;
And tablet is functional.

...Life is good <3 I can finally upload some traditional work ive been doing and work on digital stuff

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Hi y'all.

I find myself not liking my art much right now :/ Anatomy isn't that great, and coloring/lighting just sucks. Plus I have no sense of composition.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
We should have a celebration for Virg becoming an admin :D

Global, good luck!! D: Art blockish moments are the worst!!

Top Bottom