• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Oh dear, you're currently dabbling in the art of MLP FiM plush. Impressive previous works though, if I had spare money, which probably is never, guess I'll just have to dream of paying for a commission.
Thanks and yeahhhhh MLP plushies oh man so much work xD I may not finish Rarity for like another 2 weeks depending on if I have to redo stuff xD and it's okay my commissions are currently closed anyway till I finish the 4 things on my list :-p

Geist

Smash Master
I can't think of any reason not to so...
I don't like showing WIPs because a good percentage of the time I either don't think it's ready to show, or because I don't actually think it looks good. A lot of my personal stuff is never finished anyways, and my school work isn't worth presenting because it's not really 'art', but more or less tech demos and 3d models that aren't textured or rendered/ never will be textured or rendered.

regardless, I'm gonna post the things I was working on today

Here's a painting I'm working on now for one of my classes. I'm going to do this for both my character models (that I'm making in 3D) My goal is to paint more or less what my final scene is going to look like once I texture the models, light it and render it all out for my demo reel

It still needs lighting and color work as well as some cleanup, but suggestions would be nice either way

Some people might recognize this from my concepts I drew a while back. This is the unfinished character model of that for the short film I'm involved with. Some parts are just blocked out so far and some parts are finished.
When designing it on paper I made sure all the mechanisms and joints would work properly. My biggest pet peeve is robots that couldn't possibly work in real life. If it turns out, I'll be taking this all the way to a finished state.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
..I'd offer you advice but I can't do anything remotely as good as that O_O I tried to do stuff with my tablet on the computer but yehhhhh i'm no good with that :O That stuff is...really really good O_O

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
mknlaslnalknaskmah

Dat painting
maaaaan
You gotta teach me how to digipaint doood

And the robot looks sick!!!! I hope we'll be able to see a finished version : o

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I forget if you have mine, Meno.
I have 2 active accounts (1 art/personal, 1 REBLOG ALL OF THE THINGS account)

:phone:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't have tumblr.

I figured Facebook is all I'll need. If I were to deviate from it, I'll build my own site.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Something I started a while ago and never finished

Geist

Smash Master
Cool stuff. He's kinda floating there in purgatory though lol.
I'd like to see you try your hand at more 3 dimensional dynamic poses, I think you have a nice style that'll look sweet when you really take reigns of it.

Here's the finished painting of the WIP I posted not long ago.

click on it for full rez :D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm! the composition looks kinda empty to me on the left! what do you think?

ah man been a while since ive been on the skype

Geist

Smash Master
I didn't want to clutter the frame too much since I was trying to convey a sense of freedom, so I opted to leave it open.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
What you could do is remove the seagulls, and add a little more to the clouds. Maybe.

:I

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Just updated my site like a champ
6 posts of just Sketchdump stuff? Yeah.
Warning: there is life drawing work. That means nudity. If female anatomy, men in g strings (lol best model ever), or butts offend you, don't click.

If you know my site, yay!
Can't link xD swf rules xP

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone have a problem with everyone saying "You should totally be a tattooist" after they see your art?

It happens to me all the time.

It gets to me, as that is like the opposite of what I want to do. It seems "lowbrow", and I hate the thought of touching random people.

Geist

Smash Master
Good tattoo artists make some big cash man.
Hey Alyssa, Aly and I want to talk life drawing with you :D
I'm going to post our life drawing stuff later today but it's mostly gestures, so nude free lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
gesture drawing is really fun

just gotta do it all the time haha. if u take a break even for a little bit, you'll lose so much. well, it's nothing that you can't relearn, but why lose it when you can keep it? gotta keep that eye trained

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Just updated my site like a champ
6 posts of just Sketchdump stuff? Yeah.
Warning: there is life drawing work. That means nudity. If female anatomy, men in g strings (lol best model ever), or butts offend you, don't click.

If you know my site, yay!
Can't link xD swf rules xP

Too late. Saw it already and it - was - awesome. You're supposed to do those drawings fast, right?

Also, excited for "Rise of the Guardians." Kinda related since Geist does all that 3D stuff?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just tried painting with Acryllic paint for the first time.

I didn't do a very good job

Geist

Smash Master
I just tried painting with Acryllic paint for the first time.

I didn't do a very good job
Post it anyways :D

Too late. Saw it already and it - was - awesome. You're supposed to do those drawings fast, right?

Also, excited for "Rise of the Guardians." Kinda related since Geist does all that 3D stuff?
Yeah while dreamworks isn't well known in the industry for having consistent quality movies, this one looks like it could be up there with kung fu panda or how to train your dragon.
It's interesting, being into 3d/animation really gives you another perspective to judge movies. Like Tintin for example, was the most mindblowing thing I've ever seen from a technical standpoint. Same with Rango. Even though those two get flack for having so-so stories, they're objectively amazing in their own right. If only people knew the true amount of effort and talent it went into making these cg movies lmao

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer

A few of them were >5 minute poses
The shaded ones were 5-10 and then we were allowed to define them afterwards (extra shading, etc) for our final

The ones in black china marker were probably >2 or 3 minute gestures
I'll have to post my 30 second ones later

And thanks bri c: you saw via my fb, so that's not as bad :p bahaha

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Nah I go to Ur deviantART and then I went to Wordpress or w.e. xD

I wish I was better at painting I like water color the most tho. I have a lot of canvas I can use and I just haven't used it all o.o maybe ill try oil painting again see where that gets me xD

Top Bottom