• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Yeah while dreamworks isn't well known in the industry for having consistent quality movies, this one looks like it could be up there with kung fu panda or how to train your dragon.
It's interesting, being into 3d/animation really gives you another perspective to judge movies. Like Tintin for example, was the most mindblowing thing I've ever seen from a technical standpoint. Same with Rango. Even though those two get flack for having so-so stories, they're objectively amazing in their own right. If only people knew the true amount of effort and talent it went into making these cg movies lmao
I haven't seen Kung Fu Panda and I saw the end of How to Train Your Dragon. Haven't seen Tintin or Rango either. I haven't even seen commercials for the last 2 o_o I'd imagine you'd know more about the work that goes into these movies. To me, they all look the same. Kinda sad that the average person, like me, can't appreciate the finer details that goes into these 3D animated movies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah. generally movies like tin tin and rango will get that kind of flack. that's because that's what general audiences will always see first. it's us, the fellow artists, who will appreciate and admire the clearly visible effort. when it comes to 2d animation, that's how i felt about akira. the art was mindblowing, but the story was strange and just freaked me out.

it is truly a gem, though, when that kind of beauty coincides with an excellent story. i want to see more of that.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
xD Okay I was so hyped i got two new watchers in 33minutes yaaaaaaaaay lol My dA is just plushies though xD LOTS OF PLUSHIES

I'm making stuff for my artist alley so like i'll probably post them once they're all done so you guys can see :3

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Lol looking at your first new watcher, I assume it is chok, so I might as well watch too~

Geist

Smash Master
@Loli: I'm sending you a watch too :D

it is truly a gem, though, when that kind of beauty coincides with an excellent story. i want to see more of that.
Yeah Pixar is pretty cool

It's dumb. In a good way

Bren, Aly: did I tell you two my 3d homework for this week?

:phone:
No you didn't. Spill the beans :0

I haven't seen Kung Fu Panda and I saw the end of How to Train Your Dragon. Haven't seen Tintin or Rango either. I haven't even seen commercials for the last 2 o_o I'd imagine you'd know more about the work that goes into these movies. To me, they all look the same. Kinda sad that the average person, like me, can't appreciate the finer details that goes into these 3D animated movies.
Yeah it's always hard to remember that most people don't see these animations the way an artist involved in them would. And it's really hard to explain to someone who just views them as 'kids movies' as to why they're so spectacular.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
yeah. generally movies like tin tin and rango will get that kind of flack. that's because that's what general audiences will always see first. it's us, the fellow artists, who will appreciate and admire the clearly visible effort. when it comes to 2d animation, that's how i felt about akira. the art was mindblowing, but the story was strange and just freaked me out.

I actually really like Rango

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i might too, i haven't seen it. i only know that those are some comments that have been given to it

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm trying to work with Blender, but all the tutorials are outdated.

Geist

Smash Master
Nah they use 3ds max there. I can't say I'm a fan at all of the modeling tools in that program.
As for blender, it's pretty much as good as freeware gets. The limitations that it does have is well past the point that hobbyists need.

But zbrushh all the wayyyyyyyyy

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
So I'm working on plushies for my Artist alley table thing and I was making a bunch of onigiri plushies and got extremely tired of doing the normal faces stuff SOOOOOOOOOOO I made an onigiri plush with Mei Misaki eyes from Another

*crossesfingers* Pleaaaase work picture thing >_<

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
So I'm working on plushies for my Artist alley table thing and I was making a bunch of onigiri plushies and got extremely tired of doing the normal faces stuff SOOOOOOOOOOO I made an onigiri plush with Mei Misaki eyes from Another

*crossesfingers* Pleaaaase work picture thing >_<
Aww, how cute! Keep'em coming! :D

There are many anime related things I want and I missed my best chance to get figurines and plushies at anime boston. Next year... next year.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
xD Thanks :) yeah there are sooo many anime things out there xD I have never seen someone do the whole anime eyes on onigiri thing tho so i think it's cool. I'm currently doing ichigo right now but like half his face normal and the other half wearing that w.e. it was he has xD

Editing so I can just add something else that I just finished. Once I do the bigger plushies I can show you guys ~ I had to paint this one with a pin....xD

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Sup. For years I have wanted to draw, but have failed to do so. I lack the motivation and inspiration. I do not know what to draw. Also I am terrible at drawing, my art is like a huge mess no one can understand. The tutorials here are awesome, but even they are too advanced for me. What should I do to start from the beginning? Drawing is awesome.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sup. For years I have wanted to draw, but have failed to do so. I lack the motivation and inspiration. I do not know what to draw. Also I am terrible at drawing, my art is like a huge mess no one can understand. The tutorials here are awesome, but even they are too advanced for me. What should I do to start from the beginning? Drawing is awesome.
I just draw whatever I feel like, or in other cases whatever I need to for my story.

I've been working on one story since I was 6 years old, though of course it's changed through several different incarnations over the years. I've kept elements in it throughout the years though. The story almost literally is a representation of my life/ mental states through various periods of my life.

I also spontaneously have ideas for other stories, which may or may not go anywhere, but if I have a good idea for a character in it I draw it. Also, whenever I have a dream with something interesting in it I TRY and draw it (Even though I can't really remember much most of the time. Sort of a vague concept).

There is still a lot of stuff I need to learn and DO learn every day. Every time you even draw a shape you can learn something. I've taught myself to draw my whole life (Though there has been months sometimes in between where I draw nothing).

One thing you can do is learn human proportion by studying people, including yourself.

I remember when I drew a picture in Kindergarden and a fellow student offered me advice on studying anatomy. The conversation wasn't that eloquent, but surprisingly insightful for such a young age.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Interesting. So what you are saying is that I should try to create something, a story or something like that and then make it into a picture or did I totally miss your point?

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
ehhh when I started drawing I would just look at things and try to recreate that same picture. Then I started learning the Anatomy of people and such~ I still have problems drawing without looking at references or w.e. but I don't draw often either =/ since if I'm not in this "mood" then I can't really draw well xD Like it just doesn't come out very well :-p

TheBluAssassin

Smash Apprentice

A lot of other sub-forums have one, so I figure it couldn't hurt to have one here. I'll try to change the imagery in this post periodically, just to keep it interesting.

So yeah, feel free to talk about whatever, regarding the usual forum rules (spam, trolling, and so forth).

Go.

-AE Crew-

Chronodiver Lokii

The picture is okay, I guess. It seems like you got a little lazy with it when you left it colorless. A little color would be nice. Overall, meh. I've seen better, I've seen worse.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Interesting. So what you are saying is that I should try to create something, a story or something like that and then make it into a picture or did I totally miss your point?
Yeah, it's good to have some sort of goal in mind when you're drawing and want to improve.

It doesn't have to be anything seriously complicated ("I'm going to sit down and draw a masterpiece comic book today"). Draw what you enjoy, and when you run into trouble look for reference to make it look like how you want.

But unless you plan on making a career out of your drawings, seriously, who cares if they look 'terrible'. Just have fun with it for your own sake. :D Drawing is awesome but only do it if you want to.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Lol for crit on 2 year old picture that I didnt ask for critique on/didn't color because it wasn't supposed to be colored.

Yay wempzies
You got dis

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Chok, I was just unaware of the fact that there are no such things as pencil sketches, so it's my fault (haha I kid. This is what happens when i talk with my classmates too much xD alllll of the sarcasm)

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Chok, I was just unaware of the fact that there are no such things as pencil sketches, so it's my fault (haha I kid. This is what happens when i talk with my classmates too much xD alllll of the sarcasm)

wait what? i don't get it
Sarcastic remark about what was going on. (She's pretending to kid about being sarcastic and blaming it on her other sarcastic classmates)

That was what I got from what she said xD
Unless she knows the person in which case Lokii...wtf you sayin? O_O

Top Bottom