• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polytek Presents POLYBRAWL 2 - April 11th - Brooklyn, NY - SETUPS PM ME!

shanus

Smash Hero
as mentioned earlier, I might be able to come to this, and if I do, I'm bringing the sexiest Brawl+ you'll ever see.

I doubt I'll even enter Brawl singles, but Brawl+ set–up = win! And Snakeee, if you do come, I demand to see how a good ZSS plays in B+ :-P

ANTi_

Smash Hero
man seeing the venue fee 10$ makes me not want to come. make it 5 bro.

nessqk

Smash Journeyman
polytek is really great to keep these tornaments its clean and a steady paced place just a lil hot up in there but o well cant be all perfect

GuruKid

Smash Ace
$10 venue fee is standard for most tournaments, isn't it?

polytek is really great to keep these tornaments its clean and a steady paced place just a lil hot up in there but o well cant be all perfect
The heat thing was really just the people that attended their tournaments. Body heat from 90+ peeps in one room will make you... uhh... warm. Venue can't really be blamed for that.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
$10 venue fee is standard for most tournaments, isn't it?

The heat thing was really just the people that attended their tournaments. Body heat from 90+ peeps in one room will make you... uhh... warm. Venue can't really be blamed for that.
5$ for most tournies

SWR Events
Inuis Tournaments
Viridian City's

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
lmfao yoo people should start putting 2 use the japanese ledge grab rule. papa alphazelot was in wes's tourny thread explaining it.

the japanese ledge grab rule (from what i remember / what i read last time) if an opponent grabs the ledge more than 70 times they lose (u can check this at the result screan after a match)

but what alpha was saying was that u can probably experiment with it and maybe put like, 50 or even 40. it limits the player and be moer wise about how the use the ledge. i think its pretty cool

Snakeee

Smash Master
lmfao yoo people should start putting 2 use the japanese ledge grab rule. papa alphazelot was in wes's tourny thread explaining it.

the japanese ledge grab rule (from what i remember / what i read last time) if an opponent grabs the ledge more than 70 times they lose (u can check this at the result screan after a match)

but what alpha was saying was that u can probably experiment with it and maybe put like, 50 or even 40. it limits the player and be moer wise about how the use the ledge. i think its pretty cool
I hate that rule because how the heck am I supposed to be keeping track of how many times I've grabbed the ledge???

"Alright that makes 64 ledge grabs, I have 6 left....I think. Wait didn't I grab it again before when I got pushed off the stage? Man I can't remember. Oh wait now I got it.....OH SHI (get's f-smashed by random Snake player and loses) X_X

EDIT: I need a teammate for this

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Just to clarify the runing rule..basically..planking is banned lol. I'm not stupid or clueless guys. Of course your gonna run away....but if you spent 2 full minutes completely avoiding all contact with your opponent because you have a stock lead, then there's a problem there. This is a good reason to have a spectator nearby who can call a staff member by to assist with this. If someone planks against you, let me or someone in charge know and we'll come by and watch/warn. If continued, DQ.

blackanese

Smash Lord
I hate that rule because how the heck am I supposed to be keeping track of how many times I've grabbed the ledge???

"Alright that makes 64 ledge grabs, I have 6 left....I think. Wait didn't I grab it again before when I got pushed off the stage? Man I can't remember. Oh wait now I got it.....OH SHI (get's f-smashed by random Snake player and loses) X_X

EDIT: I need a teammate for this
lol i 4got whats the average amount a eprson grabs ledge per game, but it wasnt that many. its just mostly 4 people who stall by jumping on and off the ledge and just wait 4 u. pretty much what im saying is if u just played how u play usually it should be just fine

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I'd actually like that ledge rule... although, like Snakee pointed out, it'd be too hard for the player to keep track on his ledge count without losing focus on the match itself.

We'd need "referees" at every match to keep count... Which I don't think people would want to do. :ohwell:

Snakeee

Smash Master
Woah woah wait is there two of these one this weekend and the other the next??? I could of sworn this was the thread that said the 14th. Now I am really confused X_X

EDIT: Nevermind I found the other thread.

I'll probably team with my brother at this one if he comes

-dMT-

Smash Lord
OK I need full setups for this guys. TV + Wii + Brawl. Any full setups will get 50% discount on venue fee if the setup is used, which it most likely will cuz we have a great amount of space.

If we get a lot of setups, perhaps I can do low tier tourney for this one :D :D

Me and Chaos Marth were discussing this at Apring Fest today..couldn't do it today, but perhaps next week?

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Can't bring a TV but I'll definitely bring my Wii and Brawl. A Low-tier tournament would be awesome.

Argh I can only brimg my wii.

I demand projector cause my wii is awesome. =)
TOO awesome. I wanna play as those mutant pogeymans (and Ridley) again!

blackanese

Smash Lord
omg pls do low tier tourny for like $5 a personi wil have so much fun even if i lose 2 rounds straight lol

i will also need a partner 4 this event. please PM me if u think we'll do good :]. PLEASE dont pm me if youre doo doo lol and dont give me some shiz liek "im not that good but people tell me my falcon is the best" or some shiz lmfaooo

Snakeee

Smash Master
omg pls do low tier tourny for like $5 a personi wil have so much fun even if i lose 2 rounds straight lol

i will also need a partner 4 this event. please PM me if u think we'll do good :]. PLEASE dont pm me if youre doo doo lol and dont give me some shiz liek "im not that good but people tell me my falcon is the best" or some shiz lmfaooo
HAHAHA
I get a lot of those >_>

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Yeah low tiers should be done. but depending on how fast it goes.

Also regarding the ledge rule. I came up with a great idea for it.

IF the match ends by time. whoever has more then 70 ledge grabs is the loser(because that means he was obviously planking) but in a case where both players have over 70 go by stock then percent as normal. Good rule huh? solves everything.

Also i need a teammate for this. but not some scrub as blackanese said. I play a crappy MK and marth but i'm picking up pikachu for this event. :D

Edit: Make the venue fee $5 thats standard this isn't a national event ]:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If I bring a full set-up, do I still have to pay the venue fee?

Why is the singles pay-out so heavily geared towards 1st place? You have more than enough players attend these. Pay out to 5th.

Alex, hook me up/help me out!

Snakeee

Smash Master
If I bring a full set-up, do I still have to pay the venue fee?

Why is the singles pay-out so heavily geared towards 1st place? You have more than enough players attend these. Pay out to 5th.

Alex, hook me up/help me out!
For once I agree with Inui. I thought 70% was a bit much. 1st should be 60% IMO, but the host can make it whatever he wants to

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Argh i hate being at the bottom of a page.

In case no onw saw it. This needs to be inserted in the rules. instead of that ban running thing.

regarding the ledge rule. I came up with a great idea for it.

IF the match ends by time. whoever has more then 70 ledge grabs is the loser(because that means he was obviously planking) but in a case where both players have over 70 go by stock then percent as normal. Good rule huh? solves everything.

Also i need a teammate for this. but not some scrub as blackanese said. I play a crappy MK and marth but i'm picking up pikachu for this event. :D

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Argh i hate being at the bottom of a page.

In case no onw saw it. This needs to be inserted in the rules. instead of that ban running thing.

regarding the ledge rule. I came up with a great idea for it.

Although that's quite a good rule to input, I doubt the rule would be enforced properly, if at all; I don't think peeps would actually want to be a "referee" and actually have to keep count of each player's ledge grabs. Peeps are lazy these days...

-dMT-

Smash Lord
This isn't on the level of GIMPED Inui. Its a regional. The last Poly Brawl had less than 30 entrants. Even with the popularity Poly has gained, I expect no more than 60 people to come to this, though I hope for more.

$10 is fine as venue fee considering our expenses. Full Setup will make it $5. PM me if you're bringing a setup, I need to know about how many there are. Don't just post here, definitely PM me anyone who will/can/might to bring a full setup.

The payout plan seems fine to me, no need to change.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Ok if someone is stalling or planking me, tell me what to do. Should I have a judge with me before the start of the match if I feel it will happen? Do I pause the game and call a judge/host? Reply back please.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Ok if someone is stalling or planking me, tell me what to do. Should I have a judge with me before the start of the match if I feel it will happen? Do I pause the game and call a judge/host? Reply back please.
If you strongly feel that someone is planking you, and I mean they are attempting to avoid all conflict with you after gaining a lead and just playing at the edge for a matter of minutes almost, then call a staff member. I'll make it clear who has authority once at the event, though most of you in general will be able to tell, or will know who is.

Let me make this clear, you must have good reason to believe this is the case, and the game should provide some proof (as in one player at 3 or 2 stocks whereas other at 2 or 1 respectively and the time limit is near being up would support the notion of planking.)

The accused player will receive a warning and will then be watched during that set, and if he proceeds through the bracket, will be watched frequently and randomly for the rest of the tournament. Any planking henceforth will result in a DQ.

Planking is a relative term, and one where it is hard to draw the line to define what is legal and what is illegal. Therefore, I suggest anyone planning on playing excessively campy, please think over your strategy as you will be placing your tournament participation at risk at your own will, and will be relying on the staff's better judgment.

The 70 ledge grab rule sounds petty solid. I would like to look into this during this tournament, ONLY as support to a planking accusation. I want to see the trend before relying completely on a new-found rule. Anyone who would like to check the ledge grab count at the end of a game please go ahead and do so. If you witness over 70 edge grabs, notify a staff member and it will be taken into account. Please understand however, that by notifying a staff member of an opponents edge grab count exceeding 70 will be taken as an accusation of planking.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
If you strongly feel that someone is planking you, and I mean they are attempting to avoid all conflict with you after gaining a lead and just playing at the edge for a matter of minutes almost, then call a staff member. I'll make it clear who has authority once at the event, though most of you in general will be able to tell, or will know who is.

Let me make this clear, you must have good reason to believe this is the case, and the game should provide some proof (as in one player at 3 or 2 stocks whereas other at 2 or 1 respectively and the time limit is near being up would support the notion of planking.)

The accused player will receive a warning and will then be watched during that set, and if he proceeds through the bracket, will be watched frequently and randomly for the rest of the tournament. Any planking henceforth will result in a DQ.

Planking is a relative term, and one where it is hard to draw the line to define what is legal and what is illegal. Therefore, I suggest anyone planning on playing excessively campy, please think over your strategy as you will be placing your tournament participation at risk at your own will, and will be relying on the staff's better judgment.

The 70 ledge grab rule sounds petty solid. I would like to look into this during this tournament, ONLY as support to a planking accusation. I want to see the trend before relying completely on a new-found rule. Anyone who would like to check the ledge grab count at the end of a game please go ahead and do so. If you witness over 70 edge grabs, notify a staff member and it will be taken into account. Please understand however, that by notifying a staff member of an opponents edge grab count exceeding 70 will be taken as an accusation of planking.

Ok look. Do the rule i said about the ledge grab rule.

AFTER A MATCH LOOK AT THE STATS AND IT TELLS YOU HOW MANY LEDGE GRABS YOU HAVE DONE. The winner loser screen gives out stats including how many ledge grabs

-dMT-

Smash Lord

AFTER A MATCH LOOK AT THE STATS AND IT TELLS YOU HOW MANY LEDGE GRABS YOU HAVE DONE. The winner loser screen gives out stats including how many ledge grabs
read what i said lol..its in the last paragraph... >_>

GuruKid

Smash Ace

Oh wow. Never really noticed the ledge count stat at the end.

This rule should definitely be instilled in tournaments from now on.

Vinnie

Smash Master
It says low tier in the title now, huh. Can you list all the characters you classify as low tier on the front, since there are like a bunch of tiers?

I hope I'm able to go Ness / Lucas / Samus...

Snakeee

Smash Master
Like I said though, there's no way for someone to keep track of how many times they've grabbed the ledge during the match. However, 70 sounds like a bit much so I don't know. I'm going to start looking at that just to see where I usually stand there though. I don't think I do quite that many. I don't think what I've ever done was illegitimate or anything either.

Also, what if there is about only half a minute left in the match, I am up by an extremely small margin and I stay on the ledge to try to keep the lead? Is that illegal?

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Like I said though, there's no way for someone to keep track of how many times they've grabbed the ledge during the match. However, 70 sounds like a bit much so I don't know. I'm going to start looking at that just to see where I usually stand there though. I don't think I do quite that many. I don't think what I've ever done was illegitimate or anything either.

Also, what if there is about only half a minute left in the match, I am up by an extremely small margin and I stay on the ledge to try to keep the lead? Is that illegal?

Stalling for more then a minute is. not 30sec.

But you wouldn't do that many ledge grabs anyway. try and see

and if you think you made that many ledge grabs in a match make sure you end the match before time runs out :]

Edit: Low tiers: Mario, sonic,lucas,ness,samus,pk trainer, yoshi,link,ganon,falcon,jiggz

-dMT-

Smash Lord

Stalling for more then a minute is. not 30sec.

But you wouldn't do that many ledge grabs anyway. try and see

and if you think you made that many ledge grabs in a match make sure you end the match before time runs out :]

Edit: Low tiers: Mario, sonic,lucas,ness,samus,pk trainer, yoshi,link,ganon,falcon,jiggz

what he said.

Need more setups guys! :(

Inui

Banned via Warnings

God you're so gay just fight people instead of planking them.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Well Snakeee had to stall the edge or else he`ll get bucketed by Dire/Wes @ GIMPED XD =(

Wouldnt it be a hassle for each ref to stand by the tv just counting for BOTH playera when he can just enjoy a fun match? lol.
Btw need a teammate for this. How many ppls estimated r coming??

Top Bottom