• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poo (Earthbound) for Brawl!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Before anyone calls me a troll, this is Poo:

Poo is a character from Earthbound. Along with Ness, Paula, and Jeff, he is one of the four major playable characters. However, his mix of PSI attacks and physical attacks makes him, in my eyes, more worthy than Paula or Jeff.

Without further ado, the Poo moveset:

Characteristics:

-slightly heavier than Ness
-fairly fast, like Pikachu
-below average jumps
-not floaty; somewhat like Mario in terms of it

Attacks:

B Moves:

B: A small, green flash of PK energy shoots out of Poo's head, and detonates similarily to Ness's PK Flash just over his head. It does less damage than Ness's, but blows up quicker.
TiltB: Poo shoots both hands out in front of him and a bolt of green energy shoots forward, electrifying anyone it hits.
UpB: Somewhat like what happens if Ness hits himself with his own PK Thunder. Poo becomes surrounded by green PK energy, and shoots out in whatever direction you point the control stick for a short distance. If he hits an enemy, it does very light damage with decent knockback.
DownB: Poo concentrates for a few seconds, then shouts and becomes a copy of his enemy, with all their attacks. He stays in that form for five seconds or so, then transforms back into his regular form. He can only transform into someone he's fighting. If there are multiple enemies, he becomes one of them at random.

Ground attacks:

A: A quick jab.
A,A: A speedy but weak kick.
TiltA: A long-reaching kick that does fair damage but has little knockback. Sweetspots on the edge of his foot.
DownA: A sweeping kick, somewhat like Sheik's. Same sweetspot.
UpA: An upwards punch he does as he spins, like Mario's.
FSmash: He does two very quick and very weak punches, then a powerful martial arts kick. Same sweetspot.
DSmash: A double-sided kick. Like Fox's DSmash. Still has the same sweetspot.
USmash: He jumps up, punching straight up with both fists. Enemies in front of him get knocked forward, while those above him get knocked straight up.
Dash: Like Ness's, but without the PSI energy. Fairly good knockback.

Aerial Attacks:

NAir: He spins around in midair, punching nearby enemies.
FAir: A kick somewhat like Fox's or Kirby's, but it only hits once. Same sweetspot as always.
BAir: A backwards version of his FAir. I'm going to stop mentioning the sweetspot. If it involves his leg, it sweetspots on the edge of his foot.
UAir: A powerful upwards-aimed punch. Quick with good knockback.
DAir: A corkscrew-style kick.

Grabs and Throws:

A: Punch.
FThrow: Poo punches his foe forward.
DThrow: Poo jumps up a little bit and throws the foe down.
BThrow: He throws them over his head.
UThrow: A punch upwards like Ganondorf's, but less powerful.

Style:

Somewhat like a speedier but weaker Donkey Kong. Heavily physical warrior with a few weak long-range attacks. Bad at spamming attacks. Due to bad recovery and down tilt, horrible at edge guarding, so he should transform into his opponent once they're trying to recover.

Whew. So there you have it. Why I think Poo would make a fun, interesting character, and another Earthbound representative, though one with a clear distinction from Ness.

PS: If there's already a Poo thread, my mistake. I couldn't find one, so I started this.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
but his name...its...Poo

Imagine the anoucer yelling out GIANT METAL POO vs. Mario

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
I like the transform VB idea! The only thing I would add would be a Super Smash attack. Fellow Earthbound fans, say it with me:

PK STARSTORM!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Cool idea, but I dont think he would be lighter than Ness. Poo is 15 while Ness is 13, and I think he should be a fast faller. But still cool!

Tron V2.0

Smash Apprentice
Poo would be great for brawl. His up B could be him flying on his cloud and he could do something with his hair maybe. He's also great because he has a totally different fighting style than any of the other characters. Buuuuuut... it would be weird to hear the announcer shout Poo. That's about it.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
*tirkaro comes in*
nurse: what is it Dr. Tirkaro?!
tirkaro: I'm afraid I bring...bad news...
nurse: what happened?!
tirkaro: it seems that kingK.rool has a case of.....having his topic already taken.
nurse: OH NO!!!!
tirkaro: I'm...sorry...
nurse: how long does he have?
tirkaro: I'm afraid he only has under an hour until....his topic....is locked.
nurse: :( !
tirkaro: but, there is one possible cure for KingK.rool's disease.
nurse: what is it doctor!?
tirkaro: he could just use.....the search function to find the existing poo topic and post there
....but it will be tricky....
nurse: whats the tricky part?
tirkaro: you see, the word "poo" wont show up on the search mechanic because its.....too short...
nurse: so what now?
tirkaro: we'll have to be very presice....we can do it if we try hard. it will be difficult though...
we'll just have to hope that K.rool finds it himself. or perhaps mcfox can link us to the topic...

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Cool idea, but I dont think he would be lighter than Ness. Poo is 15 while Ness is 13, and I think he should be a fast faller. But still cool!
Makes sense, though I figured that a skilled martial artist would be somewhat more graceful than a non-martial arts guy. You're more or less right, though, so I'll tweak that just a bit.

*tirkaro comes in*
nurse: what is it Dr. Tirkaro?!
tirkaro: I'm afraid I bring...bad news...
nurse: what happened?!
tirkaro: it seems that kingK.rool has a case of.....having his topic already taken.
nurse: OH NO!!!!
tirkaro: I'm...sorry...
nurse: how long does he have?
tirkaro: I'm afraid he only has under an hour until....his topic....is locked.
nurse: !
tirkaro: but, there is one possible cure for KingK.rool's disease.
nurse: what is it doctor!?
tirkaro: he could just use.....the search function to find the existing poo topic and post there
....but it will be tricky....
nurse: whats the tricky part?
tirkaro: you see, the word "poo" wont show up on the search mechanic because its.....too short...
nurse: so what now?
tirkaro: we'll have to be very presice....we can do it if we try hard. it will be difficult though...
we'll just have to hope that K.rool finds it himself. or perhaps mcfox can link us to the topic...
Let me just say, this is hilarious. I also thought there might be an existing Poo topic, but since, as you say, you can't do a search for the name, I didn't really want to search through forty pages or more one by one until I found a Poo thread. Sorry if it is back there, if so, a mod can feel free to lock this.

But, at the least, I've stayed un-locked for longer than the doctor thought I would. :)

Poo for Brawl! You gotta love that name!

STIK

Smash Cadet
Poo would make a great character and i like hi better than Ness.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord

Let's talk Poo! We need more Earthbound representation in Brawl!

And as a bonus, here's a bigger and better picture of Poo!

SonicMario

Smash Master
I feel bad for this character... what was his Mother & Father thinking. (Not that i care, it is just so odd) And even if they still had his name as Pu. Sick teenager boys will still make the same dirty jokes anyway. POO!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Do you know how funny it would be for Dean Harrington (AKA Smash Announcer Guy) to say "POO!" in his booming voice?. It would be funny just to select him multiple times for a long time until you're bored of him saying "POO!". But then before you select your main, you do it just one more time for laughs.

Top Bottom