• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pool Room Music Reccomendations and Muxtape topic (hey you guys)

Rampage

vx
Hai, I've been wanting to make a GREAT playlist for a while now, but I don't know any good groups/bands or remixers so could you guys give me some of your fav. songs it can be from trance to rock It doesn't matter to me just as long as it's AWESOME :]

Hiemie edit: Yo, Hiemie here, now, even though this isn't Media metropolis, pool room is still kind of a general discussion room. Since I highly enjoy music anyhow, I'm gonna bend the rules in this case. Post music recommendations, but it's really preferred that you post a MUXTAPE, aka http://muxtape.com

Go there, make one, and post it. If incapable, recommendations are good too. If a band you like has a website or myspace, pimp it out. Your band have a really cool music video on youtube or it's a good sing with a bad video on youtube? Post it. Share some music.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
K.

Here are a couple of my favorite songs.

Song: Better Living Through Chemistry
Artist: QOTSA
Album: Rated R

Song: Just Like You Imagined
Artist: Nine Inch Nails
Album: The Fragile

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
-Rush - Villa La Strangiato
-Boston - Don't Look Back
-Coheed and Cambria - Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)
-Megadeth - Holy Wars: The Punishment Due
-Steve Vai - For The Love Of God
-The Sleeping - The Climb
-Joe Satriani - Crushing Day
-Iron Maiden - The Trooper
-John Petrucci - Glasgow Kiss
-Hoobastank - Running Away
-Pantera - Cemetary Gates
-Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
-Pearl Jam - Once
-Blue Oyster Cult - Burnin For You
-Van Halen - I'm The One

Just some off the top of my head

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Radio Head: any song they've done though I particularly like Body Snatchers, Myxomatosis and Paranoid Android.

A Perfect Circle: Pet (for something a bit darker)

Tool: Vicarious.

I like that kind of stuff, but hey that may just be me.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
The Pixies - Debaser. Or how about nearly anything by the Pixies.

The Servant - Milk Chocolate

To give you a couple bands not mentioned yet.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't believe it Muggo, your muxtape isn't enfuriatingly bad at all. You even got Melt Banana on it. I love melt banana. (Only thing I didn't really like was "AGAINST ME! - Stop!")

So, in celebration of me being in a good mood cause of music, I changed this topic to be a more official music topic for the Proom. SHARE AWAY. The Proom tyrant actually does have something he really likes, and that's music.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer

Nava

Smash Journeyman
A few bands/artists that I listen to...

-Bloc Party
-Ratatat
-Spoon
-The Postal Service
-Maximo Park
-Muse
-The Strokes
-Lisa Shaw
-Iron & Wine
-Alexisonfire
-Explosions in the Sky

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Well, I take my music pretty seriously, so I'm glad you approve of it. I like yours as well. That David Bowie song is one of my favorites.

The only reason I have to explain why Against Me! is on there is that they had a song on the radio a lot when I was working in Vermont back in January and February that buried itself in my subconscious and must have been incubating until about a month ago when it popped back into my head. I hadn't heard it since the end of February when I moved to South America, but decided to download the album and give it a spin. Not my usual stuff, but it's pretty catchy after awhile.

But I'll bet you the lion's share of other muxtapes from this site will be along the lines of either the standard "active rock" radio format or more metal and video game oriented, judging by the Media Metropolis's usual music threads.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I updated mine, actually, took out 2 songs and added 2. The song by Free the Robots is now my "Hiemie in the PRoom" theme.

Also, Goldshadow, your tastes are kinda standard, generic, boring, and kinda... bleh. But that's my opinion.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I tend to say the same thing about most of the mainstream stuff coming out nowadays.

I enjoy the classic rock and 80s stuff. In my opinion, that was the golden age of music.

Some of the music that you listen to is interesting, but I find that most of it is inaccessible. Also just my opinion!

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Of course, I'm not saying the songs you picked were bad. They're actually good songs, it just is old hat to me unfortunately. It's the side effect of kinda becoming eclectic with music. It also makes it REALLY hard for me to buy music. Also, as much as I am a fan of New Wave, I thought the 80's was the beginning of the downfall of mainstream music.

Edit: Actually, I liked the What a Wonderful World cover. But that's cause I like the Ramones, and you don't hear this song too often. Generally, these are all neutrally good songs. It's just, I don't know... radio-ish. Cause C'mon, Queen? Sugarhill Gang? **** Dale? Awesome. But, some of it is just toooooo radio-y. I'm personally not a radio kinda guy.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Cashed, that muxtape reads like the front page of Pitchfork. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. I've been trying to decide if I like Wold Parade or not recently. And I can't decide. Sometimes they just sound a little too Canadian for me, if that makes any sense.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
You know, it didn't cross my mind before you mentioned it, but holy **** you're right. It's a very Pitchfork list.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
I suggest listening to Motionless In White. They have plenty of stuff on their MySpace that you'd love. They're the best thing to come out of Northeast PA since Breaking Benjamin. Everybody keep your eyes on NEPA, who's got some great bands on the rise.

Motionless In White
The Life To Come
Machine Arms
To Outlive The Beginning
Goodbye Soundscape

Overload

Smash Lord
Animal I Have Become -three days grace
best of you- foo fighters
most nickleback
aenima -tool
pink floyd

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I can't believe it Muggo, your muxtape isn't enfuriatingly bad at all. You even got Melt Banana on it. I love melt banana. (Only thing I didn't really like was "AGAINST ME! - Stop!")

So, in celebration of me being in a good mood cause of music, I changed this topic to be a more official music topic for the Proom. SHARE AWAY. The Proom tyrant actually does have something he really likes, and that's music.
Melt Banana is awesome. Saw them with Ampere and An Albatross like a year ago in Wallingford, CT. Really fun show, gotta say.

Muxtape is kinda like last.fm, huh?

Lately I've been really into Daft Punk and The Black Mages.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q23d-RqxD9s (TBM)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vl1XYK72J3g (Daft Punk)

Not sure if anyone here is into hardcore or grindcore but Trap Them and Hacksaw to the Throat are probably my favorite heavy music right now.

http://www.purevolume.com/trapthem

http://www.myspace.com/hacksawtothethroat

Heimi, I see you like Ilkae? Ever listen to I Am Robot and Proud or Locust Toybox? You should check them out if you haven't. Might like 'em.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I've been looking for Locust Toybox.

And that Grindcore isn't grindy enough.
Sprinkbreak! might be able to fill the grindy enough requirement for yah. Ex-members of the defunct screamo group Deadseraphim.

Alas, Locust Toybox is tight. Hope y'find some stuff by them.

My ext-harddrive broke recently and I lost 80gigs of music, and 120gigs of other stuff. -___-;

JLynn943

Smash Ace
Sprinkbreak! might be able to fill the grindy enough requirement for yah. Ex-members of the defunct screamo group Deadseraphim.

Alas, Locust Toybox is tight. Hope y'find some stuff by them.

My ext-harddrive broke recently and I lost 80gigs of music, and 120gigs of other stuff. -___-;
I checked out the bands out mentioned in this post, as well as Ilkae, but I've got to say, it's all totally lost on me :ohwell:

just not my thing I guess

always looking for new stuff though

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Well i happen to be an avid music fan, so i'll see what i've gottt......

Bloc Party-Banquet
Bonobo-Flutter, Pick up,
Placebo-Bitter End
Chronic Future-NY
Yellow Card-Way Away

And uhmmm....yea
Not my main choice of music, but definitly one of my favorites

Top Bottom