• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popcorn Mafia | town wins

SuperKatalingo

Smash Rookie
Tempted to shoot Katalingo. Making longass cases out of nowhere that are hard to respond to and accuse lots of people at once are usually done by scum.

:059:
wat r u srs omg wii worked hard on that post

Not to mention, you want to shoot us because we did WORK! golly

@gheb he did the same thing in Phoenix Wright mafia. He was the mafia godfather.
you push suspicion on this hydra for something ONE of the halves did in another game?

Not a good comparision, swords. Kat replaced in late in that game - he had to play like that. Most of the cases were in that game were just attempts to throw me under the bus.
and it turns out not to even be a good comparison!

Though I can see Mayling actually playing like that as town now that I think of it.
this!

mayling holds this hydra back and makes it look like scum. this hydra's name shoulda been ScummyMcScummerson cus both halves are so naturally scummy

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
So if you wanna try to flip go flip on the next man
Cause I grab the clip and
Hit you with sixteen shots and more I got
Going to war with the melting pot hot - raekwon

prodded kevin

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Le Sigh, prodded when V/LA what is this garbage.

At this point I'm still saying shoot Frozen or Cello, having either of them clear is a godsend for me :)

SuperKatalingo

Smash Rookie
switcheroo didgeridoo says:

swords.super.scummy

aka his circular thoughts:

@gheb he did the same thing in Phoenix Wright mafia. He was the mafia godfather.
Hm, i guess you're right. Still want cello to give GOOD reasoning for his "shootpool"
...lots of circular thoughts. This isn't the only time this Day - I believe you came full circle with Cello. You jump from one conclusion and correct yourself with another. What's that?...townie camourflage?! This is something wii, the didgeridoo, have been discussing and we're so so sorry Gheb but come on now... what exactly are you expecting? There's 2 times as many thoughts we need to address and no gun is muting us.
_

switcheroo didgeridoo says:

Frozen vs Cello is a battle between the relentless inspector vs Mr Discussion Sponge, and not a productive one at that. We've talked about it and we're on the same line of thinking as Kevin at this point in the game (well I am anyway lol). But let's produce some pointers!

1.) Don't worry, I'm not going to tunnel on you or anything.
I promised I'd stop tunneling him though so I'm gonna get to working on that.
So Frozen you've highlighted on multiple occasions that your intentions with Cello are not to tunnel. Yet... here we are! For this reason we're more interested in what you think of other players! Tell us, Cello aside, who is on/off your super scumdar at this point in time and why?

when that gun hits my hands, the bullets are hitting their heads.
Cello you're coming across as a little executive - we're still interested in why you would want to tunnel with town's only hammer. Thankyou please.

We want one or the other cleared by the power of the gun if someone told us to shoot right here right now.
_

Handorin you sort of kind of agreed with some of our points so we still maintain the same position to accuse you for contributiing without contributing - but your other points we are cool with. One quick question - would it surprise you then that Cello hardly made a single post in L4scum?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Not enough tells in this game, its hard because townies don't feel the need to be all that useful since they can't be lynched. That's what makes this sort of game hard.

If I had to shoot anyone in your position, I'd shoot Cello. Mainly to get him cleared. But then again, I don't know if thats the best case of action since you're also smart and I'd like to have you around.

I feel like there are only 4 people playing this game btw, myself, gheb, frozen, cello, with occasionally multi branching cases from Katoling

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Tanny, what were you doing at 3:12 a.m. on the morning of 3-20-10? (So, thirty-three hours ago).

I ask because I noticed your first real post was at 3:08 a.m., and of course it would take some time to make it. Curiosity. Also, what are your thoughts on Swords from what he's said about Tom and his replacement, you? Also, FFvC Fight Night Round Newbie 3 was TvS, just not your S.

Lurker shot is a bad idea, but only because they might shoot me afterward. Otherwise, clearing someone that nobody can form an opinion on sounds good to me. Maybe we should consider it after we hit scum and have a buffer zone. I will endorse shooting any lurker that's willing to shoot the bad guys. Let's ask Summoner about that when he gets back.

Or shoot bad guys.

SuperKatalingo

Smash Rookie
Kevin's ISO

yeah. that's playin the game.

also, saying to shoot cello to clear him is so horribad.

If I had to shoot anyone in your position, I'd shoot Cello. Mainly to get him cleared. But then again, I don't know if thats the best case of action since you're also smart and I'd like to have you around.
the way you phrased that, it makes it sound like you ALREADY know he's cleared, whether from you being scum that you THINK he's cleared. you're seriously saying that there's no better shot than cello right now?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yes I seriously think Frozen or Cello should be shot since I don't think the I want the gun in the rest of the people's hands, and if their scum it gets all of that out of my head.

So yes.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hando, who's the play?

I would realllllly like Cello dead or cleared. If he's clear, hopefully he won't keep acting silly. I wouldn't really like the gun in his hands though. =/

I have a nagging suspicion about SupKat for some reason.

Swords kept posting silly wifom stuff...maybe him.

I'm not entirely sure atm, tbh. idk my bff jill.

Handorin you sort of kind of agreed with some of our points so we still maintain the same position to accuse you for contributiing without contributing - but your other points we are cool with. One quick question - would it surprise you then that Cello hardly made a single post in L4scum?
No, it wouldn't. I don't remember interacting with him a whole lot other than him knowing Sold2, and I thought it was weird they were buddying or something like that. Nothing really stood out, iirc.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Summoner: If shot, would you shoot Frozen or Swords? Why should we think you are town? What do you think about SuperKatalingo and Gheb's likelyhood to shoot the 'roo? Do you think he should? He shouldn't.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Cello, if it's a choice between Frozen and Swords, then Swords, if it isn't, I wouldn't shoot either of them.

Because I am? It's a pretty silly question Cello, I'm not going to tell you what you should believe.

I think someone has to be shot, I don't think he'll shot 'the roo'. I wouldn't shoot 'the roo'.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Jeez, could you be less committal?

What are your opinions on... whatever you like then?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
You should have asked "Who should be shot?" if you want me to answer that question. Don't step around asking the question if that's what you want to know.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ok if you have to be asked it to tell us anything worth ****.

Who would you shoot, why would you shoot them, if they flip town do you think they'd be able to help with the gun in their hands?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Kevin, maybe I'll post that in my own time, but if you want me to post and answer that specific question right now, ask me that **** question. How is that even hard? I'm considering the fact that Cello was avoiding asking me that question, I haven't come to a conclusion about it yet.

Cello. Annoyed at the WIFOM crap + reasons said above. Depends, if 'HI I'M GOING TO SHOOT STRAIGHT AWAY' Cello comes with the gun, then probably not, if Cello is just using it to get shot so he can control certain things about it, then yes, I think that Cello would help us.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah I agree that summoner can die but I want to hear some more from Tandy and Frozen before I finalize my decision.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I shouldn't have to ask, but you do know that shooting him won't necessarily kill him, right? Just making sure.

Also, @Summoner, I said what I meant for once. If I got the gun, I'd give everyone else 24~48 hours to convince me the order of Tanny, FF, and Swords to gun down. That's it. Also, why were you concerned with whether or not I'd specifically ask you who asked you who you'd shoot? I really don't get your attitude in that regard, and it does seem to be a general thing, of not wanting to put forth initiative and just talk about your opinions.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I still don't get why you want to shoot Tandora and FF. You're basing all off of WIFOM crap.

Summoner can go, he's been pretty useless.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Ring like shots from glocks that attract cops
around the clubs and try to shut down the hip-hop - gza

prodded frozen swords and tanny

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Tanny, what were you doing at 3:12 a.m. on the morning of 3-20-10? (So, thirty-three hours ago).

I ask because I noticed your first real post was at 3:08 a.m., and of course it would take some time to make it. Curiosity. Also, what are your thoughts on Swords from what he's said about Tom and his replacement, you? Also, FFvC Fight Night Round Newbie 3 was TvS, just not your S.

Lurker shot is a bad idea, but only because they might shoot me afterward. Otherwise, clearing someone that nobody can form an opinion on sounds good to me. Maybe we should consider it after we hit scum and have a buffer zone. I will endorse shooting any lurker that's willing to shoot the bad guys. Let's ask Summoner about that when he gets back.

Or shoot bad guys.
I was reading all the past posts of this thread and chatting with Jeremy and Rachel. (As a side note, I almost went off when I saw this post since I thought it was on Disney mafia and I was "OMG, is he asking me that AGAIN?")

Honestly, I haven't given Swords much thought since his comments were about Tom. Although I hold the same role as Tom, I'm not the same player so I really felt it didn't extend to me. If I had to speculate, I figured Swords has a personal history with Tom similar to the one Riddle had with TBG on AiB. Most players have another player they immediately point fingers at.

Also, I started the game on page 8, so going back to discuss a specific point on page 1 that wasn't even about me directly seemed pointless as topic moved away from it.

I shouldn't have to ask, but you do know that shooting him won't necessarily kill him, right? Just making sure.

Also, @Summoner, I said what I meant for once. If I got the gun, I'd give everyone else 24~48 hours to convince me the order of Tanny, FF, and Swords to gun down. That's it. Also, why were you concerned with whether or not I'd specifically ask you who asked you who you'd shoot? I really don't get your attitude in that regard, and it does seem to be a general thing, of not wanting to put forth initiative and just talk about your opinions.

Honestly, I hope you do get shot so you can finally put up or shut up. You were talking all sorts of smack about how you were going to shot but you've never given a reason. You've skirted around me asking why did you pick those three people.

I think you are tunneling for at least two of them. You've been gunning me in both the games we're in currently and you seem to want to keep tunneling FF. I think this probably applies back to what I said at the beginning of this post - some players tend to find other players always guilty.

@ Gheb

I think Cello is town, because he's so insistent that he can find Mafia on his own. He has been pretty consistent about his three shots if he got the gun, but he's also FOS pretty much everyone. You could shot him out of aggravation, but I don't know if that would be the best play. ^_~

I admit I have auto-innocent radar with my family. I tend to think their town even when all the evidence points otherwise. It's a weakness I'm trying to get over and I think they are too which is why Cello is target

The real thing you need to consider is do you feel confident enough to shoot scum on your own recognizance or do you want to put the gun into a more capable Townie? If the first, then shoot who you feel is scum. If the second, shot who you think will make the best decisions.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
About Tomdora: Tom's first posts are geared toward trying to get us all into a "business as usual" frame of mind, which I think is a scummy and wrong thing to do in this sort of game. Business as usual gets people who make mistakes when they post shot/lynched, which typically goes hand-in-hand with people who will make poor decisions for whatever reason. His giant leap of logic when it came to how I began targeting Kevin, Tom, and FF and expanding it to include anyone that wasn't one of them was very off putting too. Next, his response to Swords comes across as particularly harsh. This is important to me because more experienced players here prefer a more organic beginning stage without allowing their styles to bleed through, and so, this would be something that I think Tom would have addressed to Swords in-thread rather than out, so that Swords wouldn't appear to suddenly change his ideas.

@Tandora: Just chatting? I can't present any proof, but I'd like to hear what you have to say. Also, it looks like you didn't finish whatever thoughts you were having in the second to last paragraph of your last post.

About Swords: Just ISO him. Jeez.

About Frozen: =========================================
Tunnel. Long and flat.
But, it's not just that. His timing was what put me off. For his first post, right after Swords makes what is superficially a stupidly scummy comment if I am known to be town, he chooses to not address it at all. Next, his support for Kevin's notion that a "guide for the mafia" would be a terrible thing is bad. Why would it be? If people's notions and ideas suddenly shifted, that would be pretty telling. Gradual changes would be less noticeable, but hardly undetectable. Especially since the game to that point had shown the town to be rather reticent to help itself, and such changes would be hard to disguise. This is compounded by his attempt to throw suspicion at Summoner.

Katalingo's points are good too.

Shoot Swords. Or...dammit!

Don't shoot me.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Gheb, shoot summoner, that's my final say on this.
Yeah I agree that summoner can die but I want to hear some more from Tandy and Frozen before I finalize my decision.

Why?

I admit I haven't gotten my head around this game, so I don't know if my reply was stupid but I don't see why I have to give my opinion unless specifically asked by someone. I don't want to cloud Gheb's judgement on the matter or as I was told "give the mafia a guide". I went about trying to get by with my normal method and I got told not to as it helps the mafia too much. Forgive me if I've gotten the wrong idea from it, but I was doing just that. My opinion of who should be shot hasn't been thought about all that much. I haven't been thinking about it. I've been thinking about what to do in the game. I feel like some guy that's standing in the corner of a room full of people sitting on the ground playing cards after being told how I play the game is wrong.

tl;dt halp :(

SuperKatalingo

Smash Rookie
*throws out pokeball*
*caught mayling*
_

Summoner you could technically call it using some initiative and/or being cooperative - 2 things you're not really exhibiting in your posts all too well right now in our opinion, sorry. You seemed well aware there was an implied question - you would have saved yourself a lot of confusion otherwise if you had just answered it!

Now reread with the rules in mind and give us an update on what you think :)

We're waiting to hear from frozen. FF/Cello & Swords... our definite 'suspects' per se... we're sticking to this trail of suspicion most definitely. Swords is just acting inherently suspicious to us as explained earlier. What exactly have you been contributing aside from plain gossiping and stirring?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, I've done a once read through and here are my impressions so far:

2) Frozenflame vs Cello reminds me of the loooooong TvT debate they had back in noob3. Please for the love of god, let's not get into that debacle again as it almost killed the game.
That argument was FF(town) v. Cello (scum), though Cello already clarified this.

You can assume that the points I did not address do not progress toward any useful discussion at this time, in my opinion.
You should probably offer analysis that explains why those lines of argument are no longer pertinent in your opinion if that's truly the case. Otherwise you're asking me to assume that you're dropping them not because you simply have to way to answer what I've said, but just because I somehow turned those developing LoA's irrelevant.

The entire stance that you have toward me is what's unreasonable. It's obvious to any casual observer that I judge you to be scum. That isn't going to change. It's obstinate, but it's truth.

In essence, you've said, "Stop thinking that I'm scum and there's no problem." What the heck is that? You have what seems to be an uncaring, aloof attitude about this, as though the whole idea of our back and forth being TvT is so alien to you that it never even crosses your mind. That's a major problem to me. That's what makes me think you are scum.
I'm not asking you to stop thinking I'm scum. I'd love it if you DID stop, but I'm not saying you can't view me that way. What I AM asking you is to stop making yourself a package deal and basically fear mongering the rest of the game whether its intentional or not. Saying you're just going to immediately pop players X, Y, and Z when you get the gun regardless of circumstance just makes you a liability if you're town, or a brilliant gambitting scum.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that I don't think this debate may be TvT. As a matter of fact, we discussed earlier that I was leaning toward you being town. Ring any bells? I'm certainly not convinced that you're town, but I don't know where you're getting the idea that I think that "our back and forth being TvT is so alien", because I've openly acknowledge that possibility a few times.

Also, about that whole not tunneling on me. You should work on that. The most you've done otherwise is pretend to be shocked at Kevin's suggestions for who to shoot. Katilingo's post in particular deserves your attention. It looks like something that might convince people.
Kat's post? Works for me.

wii would like to accuse

frozenflame

buddying/parroting the gunbearer
Or simply agreeing with him? Where's you analysis that justifies labeling me as parroting and buddying? It's easy to label me to make me look bad an conveniently forget to provide the necessary analysis that supports such an attack.

hmmm? really? did you think he was scum in l4s? i don't remember you thinking so.
Actually, I did, for a pretty good chunk of the game. He wasn't the highest on my list though. I had my suspicions but others look scummier and I didn't really articulate my suspicions of him very much. That was one of my ****tier games though, that's why. Don't know what else to tell you, I mean, I'm not lying when I say I tend to see Cello as scum.

hmmmm.... this was odd to me. ff focuses a lot on cello, trying to dissect him, just to say he's an easy target for scum.
Where the analysis that shows how my trying to dissect him somehow makes him being an easy scum target mutually exclusive? Just because I'm struggling to get a read on him doesn't mean he can't be an easy attack target for scum trying to push a misfire. As a matter of fact, my struggle to get a good read on him is indicative of his abrasive playstyle which is drawing a lot of attention and scrutiny. Thus, he made himself an easy target for attacks. So again I ask, how is my calling him an easy scum target contradictory to my difficulty in reading him?

kevin's comment is offsetting? you said yourself, if you shoot cello he's either 1) cleared or 2) scum. which, according to you, since you find him so hard to dissect would be a good thing. especially since you've spent most of your posts going back and forth with him.
It WOULD be a good thing to have Cello cleared if he wasn't making himself a liability by promising to just quickshoot his top suspects which could easily loose us the game very quickly. That's why I was offset by Kevin's comment. Yes, I would like to see Cello cleared but its NOT worth the risk of him just quick misfiring and putting us in a ****ty situation.

As for other things, I liked what SuperKat had to offer as far as a case on SRB is concerned. I tend to agree with what you had to say about him. He's up there on my scumdar as well.

I'm not really opposed to a Summoner shot but I need to look at him some more.

Not tunneling Cello is really hard...

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Because they lifestyle is hectic, so fuckin hectic
Blaow! Blaow! Blaow! Bullets are ejected - gza

scummonerau the dirty scumbag has been blasted

d2 begins

deadline = 3/31

Top Bottom