• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popo recovery dampened?

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Hopefully we're all aware of the "Momentm Dodege", you air dodge in the direction you're going.
in Melee, if you lose nan, you lose belay, an awesome, if not sacrificial recovery. But air dodging really helped when Popo was on his own, to get that extra OOMPH in the air, and can save you sometimes, when his pointless upb doesn't do it. does this dampen Popo's ability to recover? if not just a bit?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
His Nana-less Up+B works like an upwards air-dodge anyway. :p

And you usually use Side+B to get back on the stage. :D No big loss really...

(Remember you get an extra jump after you airdodge now) ;)

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Sakurai adds something to Popo's up B without Nana... Yoshi got an improvement with his Up B, I hope Popo get a improvement too

Chepe

Smash Lord
Some idea that I read that would be great I think would be his Up B becoming a tether recovery. He throws the rope which Nana obviously doesnt catch and so it goes past him a certain distance and can grab the edge if close enough. Just animate a hook at the end of the rope so it wont look silly.

I think it would be appropriate, seeing as they climb mountains...

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Some idea that I read that would be great I think would be his Up B becoming a tether recovery. He throws the rope which Nana obviously doesnt catch and so it goes past him a certain distance and can grab the edge if close enough. Just animate a hook at the end of the rope so it wont look silly.

I think it would be appropriate, seeing as they climb mountains...
That's a great idea, and something that could make Ice Climbers worth a darn.

I dunno why I just said darn. It sounds like another language :p

prinnykurtis

Smash Rookie
his side b is pretty good. It not the best recovery move because you are easily opened to the shine and spikes. I never use the up b.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
The loss of this as a recory will be a big hit the ice climbers assuming that their recovery stays the same from melee, but rememeber this is not melee v2.0.

Top Bottom