• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popularity

Holty

Smash Apprentice
Who would ya'll say the most used and least used character is? I'm looking for a more general and overall awnser, but I guess you could provide awnsers for both tournaments, wifi and overall?

I'm curious and have been contemplating this for a while. I'm guessing Snake or Sonic are the most used whereas Bowser or Ganondorf are the least used?

n88

Smash Lord
Meta and other top tiers get used a lot, for obvious reasons. I rarely see Lucas mains.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I've seen people use a wide range of characters, but even in free play where people choose whoever Mario is always left alone.

Holty

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I guess it's pretty much a fact of MK being the most used. How often is Sonic used? I always thought he would've been near the top...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I've seen people use a wide range of characters, but even in free play where people choose whoever Mario is always left alone.
That actually surprises me. I've always found Mario to be a joy to play with, but I guess that's my opinion against the majority.

SupItsMe

Smash Rookie
random info Well I'm not sure about the Lucas mains, but maybe a lot of them are just undiscovered. I main lucas and I'm just inactive at smashboards. He's my counterpick for snake lol (in B+ at least)

Anyway, Top tiers like Snake n Meta are obvious most used due to tier placement along with people just liking their playstyle. Lucas unfortunately yeah no one likes him.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
At tournaments I've seen more Marths than any character. After him it's been a mixed bag of Wolfs, Snakes, Lucas, Mr. Game and Watch and Ike. Strangly I've never seen a Metaknight at a tournament yet. I also haven't seen DK, Gannon, Fox, Link and Capt. Falcon.

On Wifi I've seen many Ike's, Marth's and 3D. I've never seen another Yoshi on Wifi

With friends we use a variety. I mainly battle friends who use Wolf, Samus and Snake.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I usually see Toon link players the most, also Wolf players.

Never see that many Jigglypuff users

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I see many MK, Snake, Diddy, and Marth mains but no Sheik, Yoshi, Link, or PT mains.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I used to main lucas, in fact, he was my first main. I kinda stopped using him after everyone started being gay and would release grab me into numerous things I couldn't avoid =(.

Since im in Australia, you done see many of a lot of characters. I never see samus or bowser.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Lucas unfortunately yeah no one likes him.
You can thank whoever found the infinate in like the second week after brawl's released for that. No one bothered to try him(or Ness) after that.

ANyways me personally, never see DK mains.

highfive

Smash Lord
Never see Yoshi, Earthbound Children or other Puff mains. Maybe it's global warming.

I don't see many MK's on Wifi either, ironically enough. I see tons of Marth mains though.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
I've never played an actual human Bowser, so... yeah, that's my choice for least.

As for most, see above... like everyone else, it's MKs, Snakes, [insert high tier character name], etc.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
i haven't seen Lucas or fox often.
Mostly seen MK's and Falco's followed by Snake and Diddy's.

PChaosWM

Smash Rookie
Until recently amongst my circle of friends EVERYONE but me used Fox. Since we started playing brawl everyone but me and one of my friends started playing a new character.

I'd say right now Metaknight is the most played and Yoshi is the least played.

tankzortz

Smash Apprentice
I never see ice climber mains or pokemon trainer mains. its always the toon link mains i see.

Holty

Smash Apprentice
Until recently amongst my circle of friends EVERYONE but me used Fox. Since we started playing brawl everyone but me and one of my friends started playing a new character.

I'd say right now Metaknight is the most played and Yoshi is the least played.
Yeah, nobody likes Egg Throw's recovery... :dizzy:

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Sonic is by far not the most used, i'd say he's neutral. MK/Snake are easily the most used seeing as theyre the easiest to dominate with. I never even used snake before and i didnt just beat a lv9 computer earlier, i annihilated him. Usually i get close fights with lv9 cpus.

Least used i'd say is Bowser and Olimar. Bowser....dont know why people dont like him i actually like him in brawl i just like Lucario better. Olimar on the other hand is ******** and should be removed from the game to allow a legit Geno or Krystal or Megaman or hell even the puffball Mallow a slot. Olimar sucks, imo

EDIT: on the Fox subject, i think he lost his edge in Brawl because its slowed down so much. I used to play Fox too and something about him doesnt feel right in brawl but Wolf is my fav of the 3 (Meteor-smash recovery SideB ftw)

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
It's rare whenever I find another Pokemon Trainer main. I guess people figure it's too much work playing with 3 characters in one.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
(in B+ at least)
In B, Lucas+ = God tier.
In vB (Regular Brawl), Lucas = Meh.

Sad but true.

If you're seeing no MK's at tournies, then WTF tournies are you going to?
Ones where they're drugged up?

As for the thread: Jigglypuff (Rare) And "Top" Tiers/"Cool" Looking characters (Popular)

/Thread

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
It's rare whenever I find another Pokemon Trainer main. I guess people figure it's too much work playing with 3 characters in one.
yea i dont think ive seen a single pokemon trainer actually use more than one pokemon in a fight. They usually click Charizard or Squirtle at the begining and just DownB back to that pokemon if they died.
I could see a pokemon trainer that was good with all 3 being pretty strong because his/her style would be constantly shifting. Falls onto that Zelda/Sheik player i met on Melee. He'd screw with your mind with that crap lol.

As for the MK thing - i havent done a Brawl tourny because i am in the military now and its hard enough to find people to play it let alone enough time to go far enough for a tourny. Also, i play to have fun i dont care if i lose long as i dont get facestomped in the process. Characters that can dominate with little skill i avoid because theyre no fun.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I've seen good players of every character except Jigglypuff

I dont think its that me and alot of people I know play MVC2 alot and still hate PT

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
The ones i see a lot nowaday: Mk, Snake, Diddy
Avg: everyone else
least seen: Mario/Luigi/low tiers/sonic/IC

Then again, this is what I see >_> Could be region dependant

Top Bottom