• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Port Forwarding P2P For Dummies

Superstar

Smash Champion
In a PM or IM, wherever you talking ot him. XD

Maybe instead of send, I should have said show. I'll fix that up soon.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Personally, I'm not fond of the September version because whatismyip fails on it, but that's maybe because I ran it on Mupen.

I am not a dictator though, so I added it. Both it and November are available for download.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
how do you get the list of games to show up?
when i open up my Kaillera P2P client it just brings up this list:

*Away (leave messages)
*Chat (not game)
PATHEXT=.COM;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 10, Genuinelntel
PROCESSOR_REVISON=0f0a
ProgramFiles=C:\Pr
S;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem

please help me i'm so confused (-, -)...?

sharksquail

Smash Ace
could it be that i've got my roms in the wrong folder? do i need to keep the somewhere specific? i've curently got smash (my only rom) in a folder on my desktop.

Superstar

Smash Champion
What I'm confused about are the variables.

DId you set ROM directory? Cause what you seem to be asking is Kaillera help, not P2P. File->Set Rom directory, pick the folder holding SSB.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Is this necessary if I am directly connected through an ethernet cord?

Or maybe the proper question to ask is, can I still p2p being connected directly through an ethernet cord? I certainly am not using a router in my dorm right now.

Superstar

Smash Champion
But the college is using it's own routers that you're not aware of with firewalls and other fun stuff.

Which means I doubt it. You can't even access the routers.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
ya i just needed to set a rom directory. and that solved my problem of not having the game show up in the list. thanks.

chivesontheweb

Smash Cadet
This guide will be a helpful resource for all the boys and girls of the world, although significantly more for boys than girls for whatever reason. Maybe boys like to play P2P more than girls, or maybe girls are just inferior at port forwarding. Or maybe Supe just likes little boys, but let's not get into that. 4.9/5 stars

H0lyQuebec

Smash Apprentice
If you guys can't host, go in Configuration Pannel>network connection, go in your connection, change the windows defender settings to ''make pj64k/mupen64k an exception, and type in port 27886''

Thats how I got my hosting to work.

Edit: BTW i got XP.

smakis

Smash Ace
Lol, thing is the website doesn't have a guide for my router. Sucks to be me.

most often its pretty straight forward, many routers dont have a password,

run > cmd > ipconfig /all > find what your gateway is (usually 192.168.x.x) and enter that into the adressfield of your prefered web browser, then just look around until you find the place where you forward ports.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
lolwut

Everyone with a good connection has a router. If you have a dialup modem you cant even play p2p properly because of the poor connection...
Lots of routers have an easy config, you just need to open a browser and type 192.168.1.1 on the address bar...

The Star King

Smash Hero
When I try to type my IP into the address bar, 192.168.0.1, it says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". It failed on Firefox, as well. Why? (maybe my DNS server being different has something to do with it).

DMoogle

A$
EDIT: Overlooked NixxxoN's post.

Connect to your router's IP, not your computer's IP. Go to the command prompt and type in "ipconfig" (no quotes) to find out what that is (should be Default Gateway).

Top Bottom