• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible 0-death combo on Diddy Kong?

bobson

Smash Lord
Glidetossed banana > grab > dthrow > dtilt (must trip) > side B > 9-punch

I pulled it out of my *** in an online match a little while ago, and my opponent was killed off the right side of Final Destination after respawning. I've tried it out in training mode a couple of times and discovered a few things: Bananas will do 7% when smash thrown at a close distance and 5% when thrown from afar; 7% will put Diddy out of the range of your dtilt, so the banana must be glidetossed. Also, the timing for the dtilt so that it hits Diddy before he's out of your range but after he's on the ground (so he can trip) is tight, and you have to move forward a slight bit before using your headbutt to land it.

I don't have anyone to test DI with, so I don't know if it's a true combo or not. I'm also pretty sure Diddy can DI away from the side to avoid dying (on FD, at least; it might work on stages with closer side killzones). Regardless, it does a good 58% unstaled and makes you feel like a badass, so keep it in mind when fighting your nephew.

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
combo sounds highly unlikely

plus online matches should never be commonplace for discussing combos, it just doesn't apply 100%.

ook

Smash Lord
It sounds like it would work. But, you also have to have a banana as soon as he spawns, and the dtilt has to trip, or else it won't work. So it seems REALLY situational. But I suppose most epic things are.

Also I dunno, the diddy might be able to get up/roll from the banana before you can dtilt him (and same with the headbutt). But someone should probably test it, cause it sounds good.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Sounds pretty circumstantial. If it does work, DK can finally kill of his little bro.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
This officially proves that DK = God Tier! j/k

Anyway, yeah......I doubt that this would be a true combo as well.

Top Bottom