• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Character Roster as believed by the "Prophets".

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
I really don't believe in these prophets partly because i don't want them to be right in most cases but mainly because it just sounds ridiculously infeasible. (why would someone risk there job and financial security to inform a bunch of nerds about their favorite game)

Machspeed

Smash Lord
That roster makes babies cry.

Anyway, I'm guessing some of the prophets are just telling us lies, I could even say I'm a prophet and predict Captain Olimar or WW Link, when those are both such obvious inclusions.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
after reading that list, now I really doubt those "prophets"

not only is that possibly the most dull and boring roster in the universe, and it's filled with a bunch of doubtful things (mewtwo and marth being axed? Takamaru and megaman not being in?(lol, fanboyism) I heavily doubt it.), and a 35 character roster all of itself is extremely doubtful, since smash is a game built on the foundary of fanservice, and having a gigantic roster.

so I'd take all of this with 1/2030328753590355832918749357 of a grain of salt.

Beamblast

Smash Cadet
I bet another Mario franchise character is the ??? character, most likely Geno or Bowser Jr....

lceman

Smash Cadet
I hope the actual character rosters is the same as this except w/ + 10 chars. Seriously its been 6 years since the last smash game came out and all they do is add 9 characters.....I'm skeptical.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
i'm quite positve there is going to be one more fire emblem character sigrud or marth

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
i just hope it's more than 35 characters i mean this means no more 3rd parties and some franchises (star fox) getting way to many reps. also this is only a roster with 10 more charcters than melee which seems a little small, not that it isn't realistic to do that just seems a little disappointing for a game so highly anticipated with so much time put into it.

so in my opinion the prophets are either false OR there is gonna be more than 35 characters. 40 seems better to me, honestly 5 more spots and you can make a really probable roster. 35 is tough to squeez everyone in to especially with all these "rules" concerning leaks and prophets.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
I doubt the 35 characters theory is going to be too long withstanding. If I remember right, only one of the quacks said 35 characters, and that was probably a ballpark guess/charcoal within a bag of pretzels, the dev team is too big to warrant so few character additions. I mean, Melee got a fraction of the time Brawl did, and they still added 14 characters including Shiek.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Now that I think about it, taking out all the clones, Melee only added 8 new characters:

Sheik
Marth
Peach
Ice Climbers
Zelda
Mr. Game & Watch
Bowser
Mewtwo

Along with tweaking movesets and adding clones and other modes.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Actually, with this roster there would be about 15 new characters, but of course, it would be at the expense of a few veterans. It's really not too unbelievable until you start to consider how long they had to make the game.

But then again, Melee had 14 newcomers (including sheik). According to Sakurai, he "struggled" to reach 26, but he said he'd once again struggle to include characters for Brawl. Given the amount of time and how many of these newcomers are actually starters, it seems unlikely that a total of 15 newcomers would be much of a struggle. And I'm sure he realizes how great a part the characters play in the game. Though I'm not sure how programming works, imo a struggle would be more than adding just as many characters as he did during the first transition, especially considering the teams size and the scale of the game.

Also, I'd like to point out secret characters. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Melee, weren't there more hidden newcomers than starting newcomers? According to this list, it'll be the opposite in Brawl. I know this doesn't really mean much, but don't you think it makes much more sense for most newcomers to be hidden, just like melee?

I admit that these are not really solid points, but they make sense to me at least...It's what I find wrong with the list. It's funny, because I actually expected 35 characters, but when I actually look at the possible characters and the effort put into this game, it's really underwhelming.

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
You actually trust in these so called ''prophets''? lol, such childplay. These ''prophets'' will go through any possible measures to twist your nerves my friend. Only Mr. Sakurai knows these answers.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I just noticed that my problem isn't necessarily the size of the roster, but the characters in the roster. My problems:

1. Wolf. I'm sorry, but if I have to choose I'd rather have Krystal. You know why? STAFF = badass. Plus, Krystal doesn't look strikingly similar to fox.

2. It lacks a surprise character.

3. Almost half of the secret characters will be veterans, when there should actually be many more secret newcomers imo. It just makes more sense for the hiddens to be, you know, unknown...

4. No surprises.

5. Toon Link is like a waste of a spot imo, because he's simply another version of an existing char.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't believe this at all and nobody else should either. It just all seems a bit fishy to me. Many characters you'd think would be included are not there and you have to admit Wolf is extremly similar to Fox in looks anyway making him an unusual brawl entry.

I just wouldn't trust this, it's most likly a bunch of people getting together and deciding to whip up some rumours about the game and mess with everyone because that's what it looks like.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
I just noticed that my problem isn't necessarily the size of the roster, but the characters in the roster. My problems:

1. Wolf. I'm sorry, but if I have to choose I'd rather have Krystal. You know why? STAFF = badass. Plus, Krystal doesn't look strikingly similar to fox.

2. It lacks a surprise character.

3. Almost half of the secret characters will be veterans, when there should actually be many more secret newcomers imo. It just makes more sense for the hiddens to be, you know, unknown...

4. No surprises.

5. Toon Link is like a waste of a spot imo, because he's simply another version of an existing char.
I agree on the 5th one mostly, The Zelda Franchise needs newcomers(besides Midna who is most likely in as PC) like Skull Kid, Zant, Vaati.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Luigi, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Shiek, and WW Link are no brainers. Minimal credit will be given for the Krystal pick. Ness might come back as the Mario to Lucas' Luigi and that one is a tough one to call. I don't know what people are thinking saying Falco and Wolf will get in. That must be some good cough syrup they're downing. Lucario is ****ing obvious and will probably replace Mewtwo.

Olimar is interesting and a likely candidate. I don't know how he would work, but then again this pick does not surprise me. If G&W does not get in I will be shocked.

The prophets played it safe on this character roster, but the funny thing is theres still a strong chance that several of their picks are garbage and will be wrong (Falco and Wolf come to mind).

I'll give props to someone that predicts something we would never expect. I'm talking an Ice Climbers/Game and Watch type prediction.

Mad555

Smash Ace
Luigi, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Shiek, and WW Link are no brainers. Minimal credit will be given for the Krystal pick. Ness might come back as the Mario to Lucas' Luigi and that one is a tough one to call. I don't know what people are thinking saying Falco and Wolf will get in. That must be some good cough syrup they're downing. Lucario is ****ing obvious and will probably replace Mewtwo.

Olimar is interesting and a likely candidate. I don't know how he would work, but then again this pick does not surprise me. If G&W does not get in I will be shocked.

The prophets played it safe on this character roster, but the funny thing is theres still a strong chance that several of their picks are garbage and will be wrong (Falco and Wolf come to mind).

I'll give props to someone that predicts something we would never expect. I'm talking an Ice Climbers/Game and Watch type prediction.
WW Link is NOT A NO BRAINER He is just probable. Besides, we dont need another version of the same character.
Im suprised the Prophet predicted Wolf

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
WW Link is NOT A NO BRAINER He is just probable. Besides, we dont need another version of the same character.
What planet are you from? WW Link is the most popular version of Link with a galaxy of his own titles. His games sell way better than his more realistic counterpart and his moveset could easily be original enough to set him apart from TP Link. Its not about what you need, its about what the people want and obviously, WW Link is a wanted fellow, by both fans and Sakurai. Read the polls.

Mad555

Smash Ace
What planet are you from? WW Link is the most popular version of Link with a galaxy of his own titles. His games sell way better than his more realistic counterpart and his moveset could easily be original enough to set him apart from TP Link. Its not about what you need, its about what the people want and obviously, WW Link is a wanted fellow, by both fans and Sakurai. Read the polls.
I was just trying to say he is not very very likely because that was what you made it sound like but if he dosent take the spot of a newcomer than thats okay. by the way, im from Earth

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Um, topic creator, it is also worth pointing out that NyaseNya also said that she was pretty sure that Ridley is a boss and nothing else.

As said before here is what the five remaining slots would be if all of these supposed insiders are telling the truth and have accurate information:

1. Luigi
2. Jigglypuff
3. Wolf or Krystal
4. A second Fire Emblem character (Marth, Eliwood, or Micaiah)
5. Either Ray or Isaac, A WTF final character, or a Metroid or Mario character.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Um, topic creator, it is also worth pointing out that NyaseNya also said that she was pretty sure that Ridley is a boss and nothing else.
Ive been wanting to post this but I havent had the heart to do it... I sure hope Nyase just got cocky after his/her Sonic revelation and spew BS... :(

People need to stop calling these people prophets and their info predictions though. These people all have claimed to hear this info from someone else, which isnt such an outrageous idea. The Sonic (day revealed) and Dragoon (crosshair and attack) leaks are too much to ignore.

If you read Chronobound's account of pre-Melee leaks and speculation, you would know that some of these will probably be true...

Machspeed

Smash Lord
WW Link could very easily replace Young Link, and I definently see it happening. Captain Olimar also could fill a spot very easily on the roster without my surprise.

What makes you think Falco is not coming back?

He's one of Fox's best buddies, not to mention he could go through the same decloning process Luigi and Ganondorf are.

Danon

Smash Apprentice
K. Rool is as clonetastic as Wolf. And yes I did play DKC and DK64. I also played SF64 and SF:Assault.
I don't think that either is more "clone-worthy" than the other.

I honestly hope that BOTH will get it.
I'm a huge fan of playable villians.

The more I look into it the more I believe that NyaseNya is full of it. He/She may have gotten a tip/lucky guess initially, but I'm sure that by the latter days their was no genuine information coming from their "source."

And by that standard. The 35 character limit is drifting away.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
K. Rool is as clonetastic as Wolf. And yes I did play DKC and DK64. I also played SF64 and SF:Assault.
I don't think that either is more "clone-worthy" than the other.

I honestly hope that BOTH will get it.
I'm a huge fan of playable villians.

The more I look into it the more I believe that NyaseNya is full of it. He/She may have gotten a tip/lucky guess initially, but I'm sure that by the latter days their was no genuine information coming from their "source."

And by that standard. The 35 character limit is drifting away.
How is K. Rool in any shape or form a clone?

Boofer

Smash Ace
Nobody else finds it disappointing that about half of the secret characters will be veterans? I mean, I guess it could happen, considering roughly half of the starters will be newcomers, but if we look at melee, the great majority of unlockables were newcomers. In fact, only two of the 11 were veterans. Something seems fishy.

Also, is it even possible that the final roster was set in stone before NyaseNya made the post? When exactly did she make that prediction? When we look at Melee, didn't Sakurai say that they were struggling to fit in characters semi-close to the release? He also said he'd be "struggling" to fit in characters for Brawl, so how could they have finished the roster so early?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The roster "may" be "revealed" by the "Prophets"?

Don't make me laugh, unless you are working on the game, you don't know whats in.

Top Bottom